RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Cargo Mat

Old 06-27-11, 11:07 AM
pismoj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo Mat

Which is better quality and fit the Lexus all weather cargo mat or the WeatherTech. The Lexus mat is a few dollars cheaper at Sewell parts. I don't want stuff to slide around. Any experience with either?
Old 06-27-11, 11:37 AM
djkidkris
Driver

I ended up buying the Lexus All Weather Cargo Mat because I had a costco auto buyers program $50 gift card that I could use at the parts department at my dealership. I like it a lot because its 2 separate pieces which makes it easier to get to the extra storage area under the mat. Also it is made up of deep grooved sturdy rubber which keeps items back there in place pretty well. I've had to push boxes in and out of the cargo area and it was kind of tough because of the rubber. I like the deep grooves since it seems like it would contain any spills back there pretty well. And as a bonus it has a Lexus logo lol! The weather tech liners look great as well and provides more protective coverage compared to the OEM mats but I chose not to go with those. To me they don't appear to grip items placed on the mats like the OEM mat does but then again I haven't seen them in person. I might have spent more time considering them if I didn't have the gift card. I am however considering the weather tech liners for winter floor mats.
Old 06-27-11, 01:55 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I bought the WeatherTech immediately after getting the car. A year and half later, the mat has never left the car and the Lexus carpet pad hasn't been put back in. I like the lip around the edge to contain liquids/snow/whatever.

But I must be honest, a relative gave me some college logo front seat floor mats which I just keep in the rear on top of the WeatherTech, so I can't answer about things sliding around. I have 5-gallon buckets of wash water in there sometimes, but don't notice them sliding around. However, they are on top of the floor mats on top of the WeatherTech.
Old 06-28-11, 04:58 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pismoj
Which is better quality and fit the Lexus all weather cargo mat or the WeatherTech. The Lexus mat is a few dollars cheaper at Sewell parts. I don't want stuff to slide around. Any experience with either?
WeatherTech !
Old 06-28-11, 06:38 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Weathertech custom trays in my Subaru. They work great, but they are pretty industrial. The Subie has a factory rear plastic tray similar to the Weathertech, but the dog didn't like that it was rather slippery. I bought a Canvasback liner which covers the floor, sides, and seat backs which is great for the dog. I also had them make custom zippers in the floor to accommodate the opening cargo compartment where I store my wife's wheelchair footrests. I can throw the factory plastic tray on top of the Canvasback liner when I have really dirty stuff to haul.

http://stores.canvasback.com/Detail....path=107635914
Old 06-28-11, 07:18 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Got the Lexus Mats from Sewell and they fit perfect. Considered the WeatherTech mats after having a set on my Highlander 10 years ago. Lexus mats qualiity just as good. Considering a set for my 08 GS 350.
Old 06-28-11, 07:48 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

We went with the Weathertech liners for the passenger compartment front & rear, but Lexus cargo mat. The Lexus mat is thick, sturdy rubber, and grips well. The Weathertech cargo liner, IIRC is essentially the same as our floor liners. Fit well, but not as grippy as the Lexus cargo mat. At the time, the Lexus mat was cheaper than Weathertech cargo mat too.
Old 06-28-11, 08:13 PM
bmx
Driver School Candidate

Compared the Weathertech cargo mat with Lexus OEM one installed on 2 coworker's RX350s and decided to go with Lexus from Sewell. It looks very nice and fits well. Meanwhile, got a set of All Weather Mats from a Canadian dealer.
Old 06-29-11, 06:18 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

I have the Lexus cargo mat, but I have a friend who has the Weathertech. My impression is that the Lexus mat looks more elegant, while the Weathertech looks more rugged.
Old 06-29-11, 09:47 PM
zmanRX350
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WeatherTech fits perfect. Finish is textured enough to prevent items from sliding around. Got mine in tan color to match Cashmere interior color.
Old 06-30-11, 05:37 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

The Lexus mat does not have the waffle pattern, and is thus less conspicuous and rugged looking. It does have the raised rim to prevent moisture and debris from getting onto the carpet. Oh, and the Lexus mat "fits perfect" also (I'm sure zman means that it fits perfectly). WeatherTech makes very good accessories that are both heavy duty and very well tailored for fit and for ruggedness. Which of these mats you select would depend on the severity of the use you expect to encounter and the appearance that is pleasing to you (and the cost, of course).
Old 06-30-11, 04:46 PM
donmatt
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use the Exact clear mats in the front, rear, and cargo mat. Have used them is all previously owned Lexus's and love them. They don't have the lip on the cargo mat but items stay in place and the carpet looks great beneath. I don't haul a lot of liquids anyway. Just a good looking mat that is very durable. Buy the mats you will enjoy. That's most important.
Old 06-30-11, 06:30 PM
dentate
Driver

In Canada, Lexus dealers just sell the black weathertech mat with a lexus logo over the top--thats all that is available...and costs less that the weathertech does here.

dentate
Oshawa, ON
Old 07-07-11, 12:19 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

WeatherTech Cargo liners are always a very good choice and are great quality. You should also consider Husky Cargo Liners, they offer great interior protection and look really good too.
Old 07-07-11, 05:12 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
WeatherTech Cargo liners are always a very good choice and are great quality. You should also consider Husky Cargo Liners, they offer great interior protection and look really good too.
Here is the Husky Carg0 Liners in my car only $47.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cargo Mat