RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Changed the fog lights, again

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-11, 07:48 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Changed the fog lights, again

Last July I had an installer change out the DRLs, fog lights and parking lights on my 450h. Here's the thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...he-rx450h.html

Fast forward to today. Other than a corroded ballast (due to all of the salt used this past winter), the fog lights have been pretty awesome. But I wanted to try something different. I went from 6K HID (obnoxious according to my friend) to 5K HID. I installed them this afternoon and finally was able to see what they look like. Pictures don't show how super white and bright they are. And yes, still obnoxious I'm a happy camper.

For anyone wondering about the installation, the driver side was a major PITA. From underneath I jammed half of my arm into a narrow opening above the trans cooler with my elbow at a particular angle. At one point my arm got stuck. Thoughts of the fire department having to rescue me crossed my mind. I'll be nursing a red and bruised left arm for a while caused by all of the scraping.

I might stop by my installer Tuesday afternoon so he can critique my work and to promise him I'll never do it again
Attached Thumbnails Changed the fog lights, again-new-fogs.jpg  
Old 06-25-11, 08:49 PM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's a sport in Oklahoma called noodling. Basically, you get in a lake and use your arm as bait for giant catfish that live in holes along the bank. You stick your arm in the hole and a 30 pound catfish eats it and then you make a fist and jerk him out of the hole while he is digesting your fingers. I could see you doing that.
Old 06-26-11, 05:02 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Carver
There's a sport in Oklahoma called noodling. Basically, you get in a lake and use your arm as bait for giant catfish that live in holes along the bank. You stick your arm in the hole and a 30 pound catfish eats it and then you make a fist and jerk him out of the hole while he is digesting your fingers. I could see you doing that.
Ok, I just had breakfast and read this. Now I'm laughing so hard I almost fell from the chair, good one.

I thought the cracks in the driveway might have been caused by Anita's kicking feet while she was trying to extract her arm

I'll definitely remember your post the next time I go 'noodling' under the hood

Last edited by Cruiter; 06-26-11 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-26-11, 05:11 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Last July I had an installer change out the DRLs, fog lights and parking lights on my 450h. Here's the thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...he-rx450h.html

Fast forward to today. Other than a corroded ballast (due to all of the salt used this past winter), the fog lights have been pretty awesome. But I wanted to try something different. I went from 6K HID (obnoxious according to my friend) to 5K HID. I installed them this afternoon and finally was able to see what they look like. Pictures don't show how super white and bright they are. And yes, still obnoxious I'm a happy camper.

For anyone wondering about the installation, the driver side was a major PITA. From underneath I jammed half of my arm into a narrow opening above the trans cooler with my elbow at a particular angle. At one point my arm got stuck. Thoughts of the fire department having to rescue me crossed my mind. I'll be nursing a red and bruised left arm for a while caused by all of the scraping.

I might stop by my installer Tuesday afternoon so he can critique my work and to promise him I'll never do it again
Anita
Had the fire dept and news crew showed up at the same moment you would have become a big hitter on U tube and a new 'Jersey Girl' TV sensation .
Old 06-26-11, 05:33 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Carver, noodling sounds like a blast. I'll have to hit you up next time I pass through Oklahoma so we can go. Just need to heal the arm first Obviously I'm prepared for anything after this experience.
Old 06-26-11, 05:40 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Anita
Had the fire dept and news crew showed up at the same moment you would have become a big hitter on U tube and a new 'Jersey Girl' TV sensation .
Jim, I would have killed any person who filmed me. Don't fu, er mess, with this Italian Jersey Girl
Old 06-26-11, 07:51 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Noodling arm at the ready!