RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Trouble with 2011 RX350 brake clicking boise and vibration what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 07:39 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trouble with 2011 RX350 brake clicking boise and vibration what should i do?

I recently bought a new 2011 RX350 TP with Navigation it had 13 miles. It has already been a month and I have had braking issues when stepping on the pedal it vibrates and it's making clicking noise and I can feel it through the pedal.

I have taken back to the dealer for service two time and the first time they told me the from seat was not properly installed and had to be tighten up to spec and the seatbelt comfort guard was not properly put back. I got my car back and the problem hasn't gone away.

what should I do?
Old 04-30-11, 07:51 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk to service Manager about the problem and tell him this is not acceptable for a brand new car.
Old 04-30-11, 08:43 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I would think with all the problems regarding brakes on Toyota products that they would be more on top of that.

If you are feeling it thru the brake pedal it has nothing to do with the seat, DUH! I would be worried about the brakes possibly not working at any moment. Take it back!!
Old 04-30-11, 08:49 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300
I recently bought a new 2011 RX350 TP with Navigation it had 13 miles. It has already been a month and I have had braking issues when stepping on the pedal it vibrates and it's making clicking noise and I can feel it through the pedal.

I have taken back to the dealer for service two time and the first time they told me the from seat was not properly installed and had to be tighten up to spec and the seatbelt comfort guard was not properly put back. I got my car back and the problem hasn't gone away.

what should I do?
Kinda sounds like the 'anti-lock' is sensing lock up and pulsating the brakes. But shouldn't be doing it with normal traction and moderate stop. Does it do it all the time or just when trying to lock them down?
Old 05-02-11, 05:13 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Kinda sounds like the 'anti-lock' is sensing lock up and pulsating the brakes. But shouldn't be doing it with normal traction and moderate stop. Does it do it all the time or just when trying to lock them down?
I know what traction lost feels like I go threw this every time I drive my Turbo IS300 and it breaks the tires loose at 70MPH. and it sure isn't anti lock loss.

Sigh.......

Its been five days and ever since I got the car back I drove it for 2 days and parked it and since been driving my IS300. The RX350 is getting worst before the click/snapping noise was minor and can be felt threw the pedal. Now the noise and the feeling just got worst it more noticeable and unsafe. Today I have an appointment with the dealer to look at it and give me a loaner as well.

I am starting to look at the lemon law book that they gave me with the car.
Old 05-02-11, 10:06 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

I got to the dealer at 10 this morning and stayed there until they got there techs out for a test drive. There were two techs one in the front seat driver and rear passenger I sat up front and they test drove in and thought it was probably pad shift but that wasn't the case. After about 10miles of driving they were telling me its normal until they out to a side road and were doing some acceleration to 30 and braking. Then the noise started to get more noticeable and it was making several clicking then snapping noises then the tech explain it could be a fault shock or a blown bushing.

After coming back to the dealer the tech said the master tech or team leader has to take a further look into it because it could be a normal part of the vehicles operation.

I began to explain that when I first got the car with 13 miles on it was virtually not noticeable but as time progress the noise and feeling got worst.

They gave me a loaner 2010 RX350 to drive until they can make further decision once's the car is on the lift. I ask if this will be covered under warranty and I was told due to it being suspension its usually the owners fault for recklessness but that has to be further looked at/inspected.

As of now I am very stressed about this car I only have 1500 miles on it and a problem that I might eventually pay out of pocket for.
Old 05-02-11, 10:09 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by The X Men
Sounds like your front brake rotors are warped, ask for a new set of rotor, dont let the dealer get away with mechining down the exist rotor. This is a safety issue, I would give Lexus USA a call if they cant get it fix this time.

Good Luck
I gave them a call on saturday and spoke with a tech and was told to take it back to the dealer for further inspections and they have wrote it down.
Old 05-02-11, 10:46 AM
Brew1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless they can find bent or dented suspension parts I would hope Lexus would cover it being that it only has 1500 miles on it!!! Keep us posted and maker sure to raise hell with them if they hedge on covering it. Good luck....
Old 05-02-11, 07:45 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

At 5:32pm today I got a phone call from JM lexus service department and they have looked at it and test drove the car in several times and have not found the source of the noise. They have been noticing it more and more as they test drive more. He began to explain to me it couldn't have been a loose bolt because they have torque every bolt up to specs. He begins to tell me they will have to take the car apart piece by piece to find the source of the problem and the car will be down for at least 3 or more days.

Ok at this point I am very concern, what I want to know now is about the Lemon law and does this effect me?
Old 05-02-11, 08:33 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Check your state's lemon law.
Old 05-02-11, 09:07 PM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DINH300
Ok at this point I am very concern, what I want to know now is about the Lemon law and does this effect me?
http://www.dmvflorida.org/florida-lemon-laws.shtml
Old 05-02-11, 09:35 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I believe for lemon law, they have to try and fix the same problem multiple times before you can claim anything. Also this sounds like a warranty issue so I hope they resolve it for you. Im sure you wont have to pay for anything....
Old 05-03-11, 03:29 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Or not be able to drive the vehicle due to one or more problems for for multiple days, 20 total here in NJ. Went through the lemon law process before and don't recommend it unless absolutely necessary. I would try a different dealer because sometimes it's a matter of finding the right tech. And get the regional Lexus rep involved.

Make sure you document everything. That definitely helped me. Good luck.
Old 05-03-11, 06:09 AM
JimH2
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Florida lemon law basics:

http://myfloridalegal.com/__85256CC5...ht=0,lemon,law
Old 05-05-11, 03:22 PM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

I finally got the car back I was very happy with service and the rep. I spoke a little with the rep and he explain that some bolt in the undercarriage and suspension were loose and improperly Torqued.

Here is the invoice

Originally Posted by ;

C/S there is a snapping/clicking noise type noise that is heard when braking at speeds under 30mph. Noise is more noticeable now after repair performed on 04/27/2011 Tech 5857 ro#381990

Inspect undercarriage and suspension and brake components and confirm proper torque

road test vehicle. found to be operating as designed.

[/url]
So far on the drive home the car seems to feel more confident and I hope it stays that way. All in all it was a good experience at JM lexus even tho i wouldn't want to go threw that again.

Quick Reply: Trouble with 2011 RX350 brake clicking boise and vibration what should i do?