RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Car "recovery" after the "stupid accident"

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-11, 01:47 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JiniJazz
Agreed! Any more info, especially the nerf bar?
Based on the pics description, this is the dealer that had that car. Call them.
Old 04-29-11, 05:40 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Updated the nerf bars. My next updates will be interior LED lights.

Last edited by sweetboy02; 04-29-11 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-25-11, 06:17 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Sorry hijack my own thread. Update some more pix on 1 page want to share with you guys
Old 05-26-11, 11:06 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

hah love the V.I.P
Old 05-26-11, 11:38 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

lol at the different colored bulbs you used throughout the car.
Old 05-26-11, 12:23 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

sweet, loving your style. I'm a little concerned though the green blinker bulbs will get you in trouble. Why don't you go with the chrome ones instead? They'll look clear when off but blink orange like the OEMs. I'd hate to see you come across a cop that doesn't have the same sense of style
Old 05-26-11, 02:26 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kitlz
sweet, loving your style. I'm a little concerned though the green blinker bulbs will get you in trouble. Why don't you go with the chrome ones instead? They'll look clear when off but blink orange like the OEMs. I'd hate to see you come across a cop that doesn't have the same sense of style
Those are chrome green bulbs I got from ebay . However, during the installation process some chrome came off . GREEN is my fav color. Hopefully I got pass this for a while. Used to have a warning ticket with the green parking light. I just installed the rear doom light with a 48 LED panel. Quite brighter than I expected . Thanks for concern.
Old 05-26-11, 05:46 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Ooo, pictures of the rear dome please

I give you a lot of credit for choosing that color for your blinker. I'd rather not draw that kind of attention because it'll be the wrong kind. Looks like you already know about that Hope you saved the old bulbs.
Old 05-27-11, 09:22 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by The X Men
The red and green lights will be nice come Christmas time
I know you are laughing at me hehehe. However, this is what i'm ready for my kids when i get marriage (2 more years???). So the kids will love colorful lights and won't cry out loud. Hahah
Old 05-29-11, 07:06 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Nah, I would never laugh at a fellow forum member Its just that there are car enthusiast out there who spend years trying to match the color of their lights and along come a car like yours and blows everything up At the end, its your car, if it makes you happy, more power to you brother.
The X Men, I always admire all those guys you said above, trying to match lights (4300k to 4300k or 5000k or 6000k.....) . But i always think, Why do they need to do so? Are they much brighter, NOT sure yet?.... . But i think why should we strictly force ourselves into the rules? Just make it freely/openly designs. Just like open source codes (wait, I'm off topic )
Once again, Beauty is in the eyes of the beholders.

HAPPY HOLIDAY
Old 05-30-11, 06:43 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

According to the experts, 4300K to 5000K HID is the brightest.
Rules and laws are what forms civilizations, without them, we would back at the wild wild west.
I hope you are not one of those Linix users Just kidding, we are way way off topic now
Did the wild wild west have a great history and people around the world knows about it(Texas)? If not i wouldn't be forced to study those humanity classes in college if it's wrong . back in topic.

Anyway, just updated couple pix for the parking lights (love the blue hue) and fog lights. Have to admit the LED fog lights look brighter than the stock bulbs but they are functional on the road much worse than the stock bulbs.
Old 05-31-11, 06:16 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

sweet, you can count me in the super ****, must match club I'm still trying to get the right headlight/fog light combo. I might try LED fogs like you did. They'll probably go perfectly with my abysmal but very nice looking LED headlights I am enjoying your updates though. Very colorful and fun. And when you think about it, laws really were just someone else's opinion/idea way back when

Gratuitous Wild West picture for ya!
Attached Thumbnails Car "recovery" after the "stupid accident"-img018.jpg  
Old 06-02-11, 07:24 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kitlz
sweet, you can count me in the super ****, must match club I'm still trying to get the right headlight/fog light combo. I might try LED fogs like you did. They'll probably go perfectly with my abysmal but very nice looking LED headlights I am enjoying your updates though. Very colorful and fun. And when you think about it, laws really were just someone else's opinion/idea way back when

Gratuitous Wild West picture for ya!
Thanks for understanding . Yeah the LED fog light is so bright just by looking at it. I'm using 102 LED lights each bulb. What LED headlights you use, I may try LED headlights. I switched back to stock DRLs cause with LED, i lost the high beam lights. That's not a safe idea.
Old 06-02-11, 08:15 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

sweet, it's all about having fun. You only go around the world once

The LED headlights are OEM. I'm not touching those. I'd like to play around with the fogs a little more. I have 5K bulbs I bought a while back to see if I liked better than the 6K. Haven't gotten under the RX to change them out yet. The true test is at night. Maybe this weekend. For the DRLs I have the Litech superbrights. They are HID. DRLs are high beams for me too. Nothing was lost and it is strictly plug and play. And for $15 it's a no brainer. The bulbs are blue when off. I think the light is slightly cleaner as DRLs. The dirty white OEM bulbs have got to go!
Old 06-02-11, 08:02 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
What LED headlights you use, I may try LED headlights.
FYI, LED headlights is an available option on the RX450h.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RXh/

Quick Reply: Car "recovery" after the "stupid accident"