RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Yellow bulb to white LED

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-11, 05:41 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
Thanks, just replaced the front dome lights.
How can we replace the Puddle lights? Just pop out the plastic cover too???
There's a thread in here somewhere for that. You have to adjust the power mirror down and pull the mirror out. It will expose about five screws. Take them out. Then separate the inner part of the mirror from the outer part. My side view mirror fell apart on the passenger side but it goes back together easily. After changing the bulb and putting the screws back in, firmly push the mirror back in. It's so worth it and relatively easy to do.
Old 03-26-11, 10:59 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by kitlz
There's a thread in here somewhere for that. You have to adjust the power mirror down and pull the mirror out. It will expose about five screws. Take them out. Then separate the inner part of the mirror from the outer part. My side view mirror fell apart on the passenger side but it goes back together easily. After changing the bulb and putting the screws back in, firmly push the mirror back in. It's so worth it and relatively easy to do.
Thanks. I saw the DIY. I Couldn't find the DIY for the 4 door lights. Can you link me?
Old 03-26-11, 11:17 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

It's quicker to tell you how than find the link Door lights are the simplest change to do. Take a thin pliable card like you get for supermarkets and push it in the forward short side of the light cover to release the tab. It pops out. I'd unclip the light since you have to take a cover off to access the bulb. To remove the plastic cover over the bulb, squeeze or lift the side tabs. Change out bulb, replace cover, reconnect and replace light. Enjoy

Edit: Here is one link discussing both the puddle lamps and interior bulb changes.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...tesy-lamp.html

Last edited by kitlz; 03-26-11 at 11:31 AM. Reason: addition
Old 05-16-11, 03:37 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

for the LED DRL..can you do high beam ..does it work?
Old 05-16-11, 10:03 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Are there LEDs for high beam?
Old 05-17-11, 08:01 AM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

Red face

Originally Posted by The X Men
Aftermarket LED are not bright enough for high beam.
So if i switch to LED DRLs then I will loose the Highbeam lights? Because the DRLs are dual function?
Old 05-17-11, 08:24 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

sweet, I switched the DRLs to superbright bulbs from Litech. The DRLs are maybe a little less yellow. The high beams, blinding. They're only $15. And the bulb is blue when off. It'll fit in perfectly with your color scheme
Old 05-17-11, 03:36 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

sweet, I switched the DRLs to superbright bulbs from Litech. The DRLs are maybe a little less yellow. The high beams, blinding. They're only $15. And the bulb is blue when off. It'll fit in perfectly with your color scheme
Hehe. I switched the DRLs to 68 white smd LED. The fogs are going to be 102 smd LED. I have not checked how the highbeam looks like. Will do it right after i get off work.

I love LED more than other type of bulbs.
Old 05-17-11, 05:20 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by sweetboy02
Hehe. I switched the DRLs to 68 white smd LED. The fogs are going to be 102 smd LED. I have not checked how the highbeam looks like. Will do it right after i get off work.

I love LED more than other type of bulbs.
OK, I just thought I could contribute to your rainbow colored RX

Make sure you post some pictures. Going LED would match my headlights but I don't think they'll be very effective. You can be the guinea pig
Old 05-17-11, 05:34 PM
sweetboy02
Intermediate

OK, I just thought I could contribute to your rainbow colored RX

Make sure you post some pictures. Going LED would match my headlights but I don't think they'll be very effective. You can be the guinea pig
Yup, I have colorful interior lights.

I changed all doors to green. Blue foot. White front and rear doom. Will update pix on my "car recovery after stupid accident" thread.
Still not sure where should i replace for red???
Ordering reverse 68 smd LED lights and the chrome signals. Then i should be all set.

Last edited by sweetboy02; 05-17-11 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-05-11, 11:12 PM
w7w7w7899
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Puddle Lights

How do you change the Puddle Lights?? I have no idea how to open it and change it. Could you tell me how to do so? thanks~
Old 07-06-11, 03:23 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by w7w7w7899
How do you change the Puddle Lights?? I have no idea how to open it and change it. Could you tell me how to do so? thanks~
Here you go:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...dle-lamps.html

And welcome to CL
Old 07-11-11, 08:10 PM
jasprit
Driver School Candidate

great looks so crazy!!!
i have ls 460 and i just wanted how did u change ur side view mirror bulbs. more like how did u take that plastic off underneath the mirrors.
thanks
Old 08-02-11, 05:14 PM
wcntan80
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi kitlz, can we see a pic of your RX with the Litech on but DRL during day time? Bought some LED from eBay but so dim I can barely see it. They are worse on my 2008 RX. Any reason?

Wil
Old 08-02-11, 05:56 PM
djkidkris
Driver

I went through the same thing when trying to replace my DRLs with LED bulbs. Through trail and error I discovered that more LEDs doesn't necessarily mean they will be brighter and LEDs are just not as bright as halogens. DRLs run at half power. Halogens will end up being a bit brighter than LEDs by the nature of the bulb. I recommend getting the bulbs from V-LEDs which are brighter with less LEDs because they are made to run at 13W even though they only have 28 SMD LEDs. Take a look at my previous post for pics and comparisons between 2 different LED bulbs. X-Men explains why they are not brighter pretty well on the thread. BTW I have an RX 350, the DRLs are a dedicated socket in the headlamp assembly. Not sure about RX 450s.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...d-decoder.html

Quick Reply: Yellow bulb to white LED