RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Dirty RXs ;)

Old 01-20-11, 05:02 AM
wa3cuj
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Benny, a heated steering wheel would be heaven. My sister had it on her A6 10 years ago. A little hint, Lexus? Mine is all leather, no wood, so that's probably a little better. The bun warmers work perfectly What do you think of the heat? I know you were worried about it after my comment.
I think the cold steering wheel has jumped to #1 on my dislike list (just ahead of the lack of backlighting on the overhead buttons). I have always had leather wrapped wheels so cold and heat were not a problem. I really dislike wearing gloves to drive.

As for the dirty vehicle look, mine hasn't been out of the garage since I washed it last week! I am letting the A6 receive all the road salt!!
Old 01-20-11, 01:29 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Benny, a heated steering wheel would be heaven. My sister had it on her A6 10 years ago. A little hint, Lexus? Mine is all leather, no wood, so that's probably a little better. The bun warmers work perfectly What do you think of the heat? I know you were worried about it after my comment.

Pics will have to wait until this weekend. It was mostly rain last night into today. I went through a bunch of puddles that washed the salt away. Snow is in the forecast tomorrow night. After that the temp goes down. Guess the 450h will be dirty for a while.
I'm finding that the interior heating is fine. It heats up quickly when left in the normal driving mode. In the ECO mode, it doesn't heat up as well. So if it is really sub zero, then I'll drive in normal mode, if it isn't bad out, I'll use ECO mode to try to save fuel and maximize use of the batteries! I'm having a lot of fun trying to drive as economically as possible. But then, really taking off once in a while for kicks! The RX 450h hauls *** when needed and then drives without using gas when needed, what more could you ask for (other than a heated steering wheel).
Old 01-20-11, 04:50 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sure glad that I am on the gulf coast never and that it is never that cold here. Will be in the 20's this weekend but that is about as low as it goes.
Old 01-21-11, 01:28 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by billy44bo
sure glad that I am on the gulf coast never and that it is never that cold here. Will be in the 20's this weekend but that is about as low as it goes.
Years ago before the storms, we vacationed in Gulf Shores. Is the dive of a bar still located at Floribama or did the hurricane blow it away.

20 below wind chill today, I'd take 20 degrees.
Old 01-21-11, 03:07 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

There new Floribama is there they have to rebuild it after bad storms that is why it is a dive but the red necks love it and it is a fun place to go if you are not a red neck. And it is 46 here right now at 5:00 pm
Old 01-21-11, 03:18 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Another storm early this morning, less than half a foot. Work had a delayed opening so I was out there cleaning up during daylight. Couldn't resist taking this shot. I brushed away the snow from the headlight to wake him up Take my word for it, there is lots of dirt underneath the white stuff
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-img_0113.jpg  
Old 01-21-11, 03:45 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

why are the wipers up ? and please give me a break here I have never been in that much snow in my whole life.
Old 01-21-11, 04:01 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

I put the wipers up for easy cleaning and to prevent them from freezing to the windshield. A few swipes with the sno brum and away it goes. It's the law here to clean off the car. Failure to do so will cost $75 and it's a primary offense. They were handing them out like candy at Halloween today.
Old 01-21-11, 04:10 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you I would have never know all of this still glad that I am on the coast. I can always drive to get away from a bad storm but you know that it is coming a week out or more to get ready for it. All this snow you just never know how much will hit do you?
Old 01-21-11, 04:32 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Snow is pretty unpredictable. Either we get more than predicted or none at all. And this was supposed to be a La Nina year I'd take the snow over hurricanes any day though. A little plowing and salt and it goes bye bye. Hurricanes are a whole different animal.
Old 01-22-11, 12:42 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Default Here's the proof

Who said silver hides the dirt? I took these today a little more than 24 hours after the last snow storm. It was tempting to bring out the hose but at 23 degrees the water would just freeze on the RX and ground. It feels even better Another storm is brewing for Wednesday, the sixth one in a month.
Attached Thumbnails Dirty RXs ;)-dsc00484.jpg   Dirty RXs ;)-dsc00448.jpg   Dirty RXs ;)-dsc00454.jpg  
Old 01-22-11, 04:32 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

hurricanes are no big thing you just got to know that everything you have might be gone if you are near the water or a big oak tree might come through your house or your roof might be gone other than that no power for a few weeks and long gas lines the rest is easy. In 50 years only to bad storms here 1979 and 2005
Old 01-22-11, 08:56 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BCRCornet
I'd never had heated seats before getting my RX. They do work well, don't they? Even on the lowest setting, I have to turn it off after about five minutes, 'cause it's TOO warm!
I didn't have the heated seats in my '07 RX, and I thought I would never need them living in Florida, but I'm definitely using the heated seats in the 2010 RX, as there's been a lot of cold days in Florida this year. I set the heated seats at 2-and-a-half, and that seems to work very well.
Old 01-25-11, 09:34 AM
picker
Driver School Candidate

Old 01-25-11, 04:11 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh my. At least you can put it in a garage so no one can see that mess!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dirty RXs ;)