RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-10, 07:20 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Options

If you could go back a year later and reorder your RX which options would you drop and which ones would you add?
Old 12-14-10, 07:24 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

I would have liked the folding mirrors. That's about it. I went the special order route so I pretty much got everything I wanted.
Old 12-14-10, 07:27 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

anita--I miss the folding mirrors as well.
Old 12-14-10, 07:45 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Have only had ours for a bit more than a month and have Comfort, Premium, Luxury and Navigation packages, plus Heads Up Display (HUD) and Parking Assist so we have almost all of the major options. The HUD is great and should be a standard feature, just for safety. No need to take your eye off the road to check speed or navigation instructions, but I don't think it is too popular. Only Japanese made RX have this feature available. Also like the Lexus Enform feature where you can call, talk to a human, and have them download directions to your Nav system. And also like the search feature for getting directions online and then have them downloaded to the car (eDestination). I've loaded tons of locations sitting at my computer at night and have them downloaded the next day. It beats sitting in the car and punching numbers into the system.
The following users liked this post:
Seabone726 (02-24-20)
Old 12-15-10, 07:10 AM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would like to have had the parking assist, and really like the lane correction feature (although to my knowledge it isn't available on the RX). I have the side view monitor but haven't found it to be very useful, so I could do without it.
Old 12-15-10, 07:14 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggy1
I would like to have had the parking assist, and really like the lane correction feature (although to my knowledge it isn't available on the RX). I have the side view monitor but haven't found it to be very useful, so I could do without it.
I'd like to have the lane departure warning system or whatever it's called..
That item is on vehicles that are $20K less.Toyota is so safety conscience and yet that feature should be standard equipment and it isn't.
Old 12-15-10, 09:39 AM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

no lane correction on the RX, but I would want that and blind spot monitoring.

as for options that are available, I got everything I wanted via special order. I guess ML would have been nice, but im indifferent.
Old 12-15-10, 12:56 PM
Cruiter
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdkellys
If you could go back a year later and reorder your RX which options would you drop and which ones would you add?
I'd go for the AWD and package with the Heads Up display. But even so I might not do it because I have the package where the Headlights dim automatically and for me they work well. I understand that feature even though advertised has been removed from the assembly line and I really like it.

Maybe two to four years from now we'll see. If money is burning a hole in my pocket and I get the itch than probably closer to two years. Otherwise I like my current one 'Watson' .
Old 12-15-10, 08:49 PM
afpj
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Enform + Nav. I'm glad didn't get the "plain" Nav, but the stuff you can do with nav and enform looks cool.

HID with AFS
Old 12-16-10, 07:07 AM
MEP7557
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was hesitant at first to get it fully loaded but there were a few options I really wanted.
Power folding mirrors and the illuminated door sills, the side view camera has saved me a few scrapes on the tires when I am parking.

Glad I did it and would do it all again.
Old 12-16-10, 09:26 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wished that I put in the Glass breakage sensor. Other than that I did put everything in this car. Dealer told us that this was the only one like this in the United States right now.

AWD RX 450h,Matador Red Mica, Parchment,Rear-Seat Entertainment System,Luxury Package,Comfort Package,LED headlamps,Intuitive Parking Assist,
Mark Levinson,Heads-up Display,Remote engine starter,Paint protection film,Towing Prep Package,Wheel locks,Cargo net,Carpet cargo mat,Body side Molding, mud flaps
Attached Thumbnails Options-007.jpg   Options-126.jpg   Options-121.jpg  

Last edited by billy44bo; 12-16-10 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-17-10, 06:33 PM
Mdkellys
Pole Position

Have you been pleased with the rear entertainment system?
Old 12-17-10, 09:09 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by billy44bo
I wished that I put in the Glass breakage sensor. Other than that I did put everything in this car. Dealer told us that this was the only one like this in the United States right now.

AWD RX 450h,Matador Red Mica, Parchment,Rear-Seat Entertainment System,Luxury Package,Comfort Package,LED headlamps,Intuitive Parking Assist,
Mark Levinson,Heads-up Display,Remote engine starter,Paint protection film,Towing Prep Package,Wheel locks,Cargo net,Carpet cargo mat,Body side Molding, mud flaps
Billy, sorry to bust your bubble, but I got the same options on a 2010 in white.
Old 12-20-10, 07:17 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not my bubble to bust this was something that the dealer told me I could care less if some one has all of this one their car or not . I did not think that I would be the only one to order a car with this set of options. Where did you get your mud flaps and body side molding from? As far as the rear entertainment system goes it works very well with our autistic child. When you are stop at a light you can press down on the emergency brake whit the system in audio and then you can watch the movie on the navigation screen.

Last edited by billy44bo; 12-20-10 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-20-10, 12:18 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Dealer will say anything to make a sell!!!

I got the override, so DVD can be on all the time.
As for the mud flaps, I got them from Canada before they sold them in the States. Side moldings from Sewell.

Quick Reply: Options