RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Droid X link to Lexus Audio (listening to Music)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-10, 05:14 PM
Maxwell777
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Droid X link to Lexus Audio (listening to Music)

HI all,

I have the Droid x phone. I have all my music in the phone (like the iphone would...) but I cannot seem to figure out how to hook up my phone to the car audio.

The car came with a USB extension...but that is no help since my phone only hooks up via Auxilliary cables.

There is no auxilliary hole in the car...so im stuck here.

Can someone please advise how i can listen to my music and podcast in my new lexus???

I tried to see if bluetooth worked...but that was only for the phone calls...

am i missing something?

Help
Old 11-13-10, 06:00 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Just checking...this is an RX?

Navigation or no navigation?

On the RX, the AUX plug is buried in the center console next to the USB port. With Navigation, set the audio to AUX and you're in business. I plug my iPad into that port and my passenger can watch videos and listen on the car's audio system.

Perhaps the Droid works the same way?
Old 11-13-10, 08:43 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

I just use bluetooth audio to play the music on my Droid X through the RX. It's simple and requires no wires. The downside is that the title/artist doesn't appear on the RX's screen as it did when I had a Windows Mobile Phone. I've never tried USB or 3.5mm.
Old 11-15-10, 05:44 AM
RVH
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess you didn't see my post from last week https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...questions.html

The short answer is that we're screwed. The DroidX doesn't work for music, phone only. See this on the Lexus site for the only approved phones.

I called Lexus and they just referred me to the dealer and they just pointed me to that site.

I'm not sure how GoodRevs is doing it. Perhaps he doesn't have it connected for phone use. One person suggested it will do one and not the other, but even after unpairing it for phone I couldn't get it to pair for audio. GoodRevs can you supply more specifics? Did you go through the Pair/Connect procedure?

When I connect my DroidX via USB I get an Error 1 message and no one, and I mean no one knows that that means.

Bob

PS, no nav for me
Old 11-15-10, 10:53 PM
Youngie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RVH
I guess you didn't see my post from last week https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...questions.html

The short answer is that we're screwed. The DroidX doesn't work for music, phone only. See this on the Lexus site for the only approved phones.

I called Lexus and they just referred me to the dealer and they just pointed me to that site.

I'm not sure how GoodRevs is doing it. Perhaps he doesn't have it connected for phone use. One person suggested it will do one and not the other, but even after unpairing it for phone I couldn't get it to pair for audio. GoodRevs can you supply more specifics? Did you go through the Pair/Connect procedure?

When I connect my DroidX via USB I get an Error 1 message and no one, and I mean no one knows that that means.

Bob

PS, no nav for me
I have htc incredible and samsung fasciante. fasciante would auto connect with phone and audio bt but with incredible I had to change the password in the car's bt audio to match w/the phone's bt password to get it to work in both ways. So check ur password for the audio and phone to make sure it's same for both.
Old 11-16-10, 06:37 PM
calgold06
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

My Samsung Captivate (android based) is not one of approved phones on the Lexus website...however, BT audio works (even without matching the BT pin) after these steps.

RX350: Set up, Audio, BT audio setting and Register

Phone: Setting, Wireless and Network, BT Settings, press and hold "Car Multimedia" (or whatever your RX is), Options on the pop up window, check "Media" along with "Phone"

Without even entering RX’s pin, phone connected to RX.

Hope this helps...BTW my RX has Nav.
Old 11-17-10, 08:33 AM
RVH
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

RX350: Set up, Audio, BT audio setting and Register
Not sure what you mean by "Register", my car has two options at that point, Pair and Connect. I am assuming you mean Pair.
Old 11-17-10, 09:11 AM
calgold06
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

^^^
Yes, it should be "pair". You connect after "pairing".