RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

power trunk door

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-10, 10:33 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RVH
http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX350_LPS.pdf

It shows the options for programming the trunk
I think this is for an 09. At the end of the pdf, it reads '00240-RX350-09'
Old 11-19-10, 08:58 AM
RVH
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting, because I was logged in and it knows I have a 2010 and it pointed me to that document. I see what you mean, but am wondering if the programming is the same.
Old 11-19-10, 12:14 PM
flystone
Rookie

I think that just mean 2010 RX350 that were produced in 2009
Old 11-19-10, 12:30 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

no, lexus made a mistake in the link. When I log into my 2011 RX450h, I still get the old RX400h personalized settings.
Old 11-19-10, 01:12 PM
flystone
Rookie

http://www.mylostcity.com/2010_RX350_Customization.pdf

Page 629, Power Back Door, setting that can be changed by your Lexus Dealer
Old 11-19-10, 05:03 PM
vtec26
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personally, i had the reprogram done as well on my 2010 to have the button on the lift gate automatically lift the door, but i find that i'm regretting it a bit. i find that i was able to open it quicker manually. also i've lost the ability to just crack it open and throw someing in the back and close it again (i guess i could if i pressed the button and then pressed it again on the way up to stop the auto feature).

anyway, just saying that i wish i could go back. maybe at a future service i'll ask nicely and hope they don't charge me.

as to the original poster, accessing the obd port should be easy, but i doubt you will be able to do anything other than read codes if you access it (any auto parts store should sell code readers). the code reading is universal for all vehicles and there are reference manuals for codes you get. doing more than reading codes requires special machines/software that manufacturer's guard very closely. this is mostly for liability reasons as you can really screw up a car if you don't know what you're doing.
Old 11-19-10, 05:20 PM
flystone
Rookie

You could, make it 2 step open, 1st click open (so you can manually lift if you want) and 2nd click is for auto lift..
Old 12-15-10, 01:38 PM
flystone
Rookie

Went back to the dealer today to have them disable the roll down all windows feature and give it another try w/ the power back door...while they have no problem disable the roll down all windows, we do hit a snag w/ auto lift hatch..

1. they had no problem program the hatch to auto lift w/ one click
(one click unlock all doors and hatch auto lift too)

2. one click unlock and two click auto lift doesn't quite work right..
If we let the car sit for like a minute after locking or walk away for a few minutes then return, we can get one click unlock and two click auto lift working, however, if we lock the car then immediately unlock with rear hatch button, the hatch will auto lift even with only one click..

Could those of you have the hatch programmed give it a try and let me know if this is normal? please try the following sequence, get to car, one click unlock, second click lift, then close the hatch and lock all doors, and try one click unlock again with one click and see if hatch auto lifts...
Old 12-15-10, 03:16 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Mine does the one click unlock, second click power lift gate open each time. I haven't been able to get it to open on the first click. That only happens if all the doors are unlocked already.
Old 12-16-10, 05:29 PM
vtec26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flystone
You could, make it 2 step open, 1st click open (so you can manually lift if you want) and 2nd click is for auto lift..
Are you sure about this? Mine unlocks on first click and auto opens on second click. i didn't know you could have first click manual open and second auto open. By the way, I'm asking about clicking the button on the hatch itself, not the report or dash.

I'll try the hatch immediately after locking the dorrs to see if i have the same issue you mentioned.
Old 12-20-10, 12:05 PM
vtec26
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flystone
2. one click unlock and two click auto lift doesn't quite work right..
If we let the car sit for like a minute after locking or walk away for a few minutes then return, we can get one click unlock and two click auto lift working, however, if we lock the car then immediately unlock with rear hatch button, the hatch will auto lift even with only one click..

Ok, I tried a variety of things and here's what i found on my car:
1) Lock using door handle; immediately pressing hatch button once - nothing happens
2) Lock using door handle; immediately pressing hatch button twice - all doors unlock and gate auto lifts
3) Lock using fob; immediately pressing hatch button once - nothing happens
4) Lock using fob; immediately pressing hatch button twice - all doors unlock and gate auto lifts
5) Lock using door handle; waiting 2 seconds before pressing hatch button once - all doors unlock
6) Lock using door handle; waiting 2 seconds before pressing hatch button twice - all doors unlock on first press and gate auto lifts on second press
7) Lock using fob; waiting 2 seconds before pressing hatch button once - all doors auto unlocks
8) Lock using fob; waiting 2 seconds before pressing hatch button twice - all doors unlock on first press and gate auto lifts on second press

hope that helps u.
Old 12-29-10, 05:07 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by cwd
Kitlz, with all doors locked and fob in pocket, you can push the round button twice and get the hatch to open up with the motor?
The dealer programmed the long rectangular button. Press it once unlocks all doors, press it again opens the power tailgate. The round button locks the doors only.

Last edited by kitlz; 12-29-10 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-30-10, 04:19 PM
TorontoIS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was at the dealership yesterday to have a noise fixed and have the first 1600 km service. While there I asked about programming the rear hatch to open as Anita had described. They supposedly hadn't heard of it before. I showed them the manual where it describes the possible personalized settings including the default and dealership programmable setting for the power rear hatch. Anyhow, they were able to figure out it.

Now when pressing the long button it unlocks all the doors and hatch (this is the default setting from the start). When pressing the long button twice, it unlocks all doors and power opens the rear hatch. The round button still locks all doors.

Thanks to Anita who brought this up otherwise I would never have known that this setting existed to look it up in the manual.
Old 12-30-10, 04:54 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Benny, I never knew it existed until someone else here had it done. It's not listed in my owners manual. I can't take credit After I found out about it, I talked to my trusty SA who set me up with the right tech to program it. The feature is wonderful to have when I need to get to the water I keep in a soft side cooler in the cargo area, not to unload shopping bags

Glad you got yours done
Old 02-04-11, 06:13 AM
mlinenb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wyau01
I think this is for an 09. At the end of the pdf, it reads '00240-RX350-09'
It is a different page in my 2011 RX 450h manual- just look up 'customization' and you can quickly find it on page 666, I believe. Anyway- after reading about this feature on the forum, I brought in my new 2011 RX 450h into the dealership to program it. I had to explain to the service advisor 4 different times about what I wanted - and even showed them the printout that was listed here. He couldn't get it done- totally confused! So, as I was leaving a bit frustrated (they had to do some other small items and had completed those), I pulled open the manual, showed them the excact page within my manual and he drove me back to the service area (while I was in the car). I met with a 13 year repair veteran- who had NEVER heard of this function either and said it couldn't be done! But when I showed him the manual page- his curiousity lit up. He brought his OBD (small laptop computer) into my car, plugged it in by the footwell of the driver's area- and he pulls up all the functions that you can customize. It is under the PCD section- known as Power Cargo Door. He had never been to that area (other areas listed are identifiable items, such as: windows, locks, etc.- and it's just an acronym on the computer display- nothing overtly says 'trunk/cargo door/ etc.' And once he goes into that section- it tells exactly what will happen by turning it off to on- and we both smile ! This is at one of the biggest Atlanta dealerships- and we all agree- service advisor, repair tech, and myself, that more customers might like this feature on. My old car was a toyota venza- and the default setting was the power cargo door to open automatically after touching the rear cargo button- and I really liked that feature.

Quick Reply: power trunk door