RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Sun Visor Extension

Old 10-06-13, 07:40 PM
07LexusGuy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexLeezard
Yeah, I can hardly wait until the manual is procured and then provided by the dealer. They'll call me up to tell me it's now available, so, I should drive over to pick it up. What will I do? How I am supposed to acquire the print version of this massive manual, and then sweat and strain to get it home -- into the garage, for example? Well, the GS460 can't be configured for a trailer -- no towing with this rig, no sir-eee. So I'll have to use our 4Runner. It has a super hitch and trailer wiring plug, so I suppose I can rent a 1-ton trailer and find a fork lift somewhere to help load the manual. My wife is concerned that I am planning, yet again, to put something else into the garage. I am attempting to provide her with some reassurance. Good to know the trail forward has been broken for the rest of us ... do you remember Dylan's "Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again"? ... images of the NYTimes, Sunday edition ... "With twenty pounds of headlines ... stapled to his chest." I can hardly wait until the manual arrives! Hey, is there a separate manual for the Mark Levinson system including satellite navigation and everything else that goes with it? Should I reserve the fork lift for a second day?
Don't quite understand the point of this post - are you trying to express how big and heavy your manual might be?

The complete package of manuals include the thickest one for the car, one for the navigation system, and several supplemental smaller manuals for the warranty and scheduled maintenance.
Old 04-25-22, 09:56 AM
Lex2022
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav & sun visor extension

I had my last Lexus for 11 years so I am new to navigation. I tried it for the 1st time yesterday and it’s terrible compared to Google maps. I thought I was just set in my ways or being picky, so thank for you post. EVERY exit is announced on a road trip for no reason. There is no major distinction for the exit that DOES need to be taken on the route = getting lost. Do I need to change the default setting?
The sun visor is too short. I was told there is a built in extension, but that is not the case.

Originally Posted by BlueSurf
Isn't it pathetic what Lexus has become. The cheapest cars come with extended visors. I was so pissed when I realized they were not there. I had my side windows tinted. The Nav. system is sub par too. The Hyundai Sonata system puts Lexus to shame. The blue tooth system also is sub par. Its so bad I can not use it. It has never picked up correctly what i am asking it to do. The dealer can't even get it to do something right. I can continue to add a few more items however its not worth getting myself upset over. When you spent over 50+K one expects better. I realize Lexus is no better than any Toyota product, just more green.
Old 04-27-22, 09:04 AM
Clutchless

Received 1,089 Likes on 930 Posts

All you do is pull out on the visor and it extends, it's on a sliding rail.

The Nav is terrible as you found out. Dig into some of the setup menus and you may be able to adjust some settings. I have not used it for years and don't recall much about it anymore.