RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Calling all recent Weathertech customers

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-10, 07:38 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all recent Weathertech customers

Hi,

I just purchased the DigitalFit Floor liners and cargo mat for my incoming 10' RX450. I have the Parchment interior with it(Tan), and ordered their tan(They only have Black, Tan, Gray color options)

I need to know if anyone else here has their "tan" colored Digitalfit liners?

Reason I am asking is I received the Cargo Liner(they are still making the front/rear ones) this morning, and upon taking it out of the box, I noticed it was not really a tan color, but more of a light chocolate, or dark tan.

I called and spoke to Weathertech customer service, and she stated that is the only tan color they have(if they did, the picture would not look different)

I will post the pics I have if they post correctly, and maybe someone who has these can chime in and tell me if theirs are actually lighter, or the same.
You should be able to see there is a difference between their tan mat picture on the box, and my "tan" cargo liner.
Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Calling all recent Weathertech customers-2010-07-03-10.15.19.jpg   Calling all recent Weathertech customers-2010-07-03-10.18.11.jpg   Calling all recent Weathertech customers-2010-07-03-10.18.46.jpg  
Old 07-03-10, 09:23 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have black Weathertechs in both my vehicles.
The regular all weathers in the RX with black interior and the floor liners in the Camry with light gray interior.
I wouldn't get the gray mats in the Camry because the dirt staining in a short time would cause the mats to look bad.On tan mats even worse.
I'd go black if I were you.
Just my .02.
Old 07-03-10, 10:52 AM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I have black Weathertechs in both my vehicles.
The regular all weathers in the RX with black interior and the floor liners in the Camry with light gray interior.
I wouldn't get the gray mats in the Camry because the dirt staining in a short time would cause the mats to look bad.On tan mats even worse.
I'd go black if I were you.
Just my .02.
I would think the material they are made out of makes it easy to just take out and soap wash and let dry. Black would probably contrast too much against the tank interior. I guess I should probably just wait until I take delivery of my RX and see how they look before returning.
Old 07-03-10, 12:50 PM
GoodRevs
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

We have the tan weathertech cargo liner in our tan '10 RX. It doesn't match the shade of tan in the interior but I think it looks fine.

Old 07-03-10, 01:03 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GoodRevs
We have the tan weathertech cargo liner in our tan '10 RX. It doesn't match the shade of tan in the interior but I think it looks fine.

Thank you so much for the pictures. It will save me alot of grief having to wait until mine arrives to see how it looks. That ACTUALLY does not look that bad in contrast to the interior.

My only gripe is that when you look at the picture they have on their website, the mat is MUCH lighter in the in car pictures they have.
Old 07-03-10, 01:08 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Lil4cyl: Reason I am asking is I received the Cargo Liner(they are still making the front/rear ones) this morning, and upon taking it out of the box, I noticed it was not really a tan color, but more of a light chocolate, or dark tan.

I just looked at the same mat in a RX yesterday and it was more chocolate than tan.
Old 07-03-10, 01:12 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by herbvdh
Lil4cyl: Reason I am asking is I received the Cargo Liner(they are still making the front/rear ones) this morning, and upon taking it out of the box, I noticed it was not really a tan color, but more of a light chocolate, or dark tan.

I just looked at the same mat in a RX yesterday and it was more chocolate than tan.
Yeah, that looks like the color they are making it in, but if you go to the website, spec out for 2010 Lexus RX, and look at their pictures of the tan colored DigitalFit liners, you will notice that the pictures represented are MUCH lighter in color.
Old 07-03-10, 01:20 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lil4cyl
Yeah, that looks like the color they are making it in, but if you go to the website, spec out for 2010 Lexus RX, and look at their pictures of the tan colored DigitalFit liners, you will notice that the pictures represented are MUCH lighter in color.
Just checked there website and it is much lighter. I bought a set for my son's GS300 AWD and they had to take it back it never fit at all. Had to buy the Lexus all weather mats.
Old 07-03-10, 02:09 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by herbvdh
Just checked there website and it is much lighter. I bought a set for my son's GS300 AWD and they had to take it back it never fit at all. Had to buy the Lexus all weather mats.
When you returned them, did you have to eat the cost of return shipping? Or did they refund it too?
Old 07-03-10, 04:12 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If they only make it in one tan color, whats the problem? Either return it if you are not satisfied or take it.
Old 07-03-10, 05:08 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LeoDLion
If they only make it in one tan color, whats the problem? Either return it if you are not satisfied or take it.
Well, my point is that when I ordered them, I thought I was ordering light tan mats as represented on their site. And even to this day if you look on the website for the 10 rx tan digitalfit liners, that they are a light tan color.
If you look at the other pics in this thread they are darker in color. If they only made one tan, how are the ones pictured on the site AND box lighter?

I posted this thread to see if anyone had a lighter tan color in their RX. If you pay $300 for a set of mats, I would think they should look like they represent on the website.

I will reserve final judgment until I look at them in person in my RX when I take delivery. If they are too dark for me, I will return them, if not, I'll keep.
I have 30days to make my mind up.

I guess I am one of those rare people who expect exactly what they wanted for what they paid for. If the site had pics of darker tan mats I might not have even ordered them.
Old 07-03-10, 07:27 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

When you returned them, did you have to eat the cost of return shipping? Or did they refund it too?
I think they sent a shipping tag for us to send it back. They also requested photography of the drivers side floor so they could understand why it did not fit. They thought the floor was the same in a GS300 as the AWD version. They were very nice about everything I had absolutely no problems at all. I bought a stainproof carpet for the back of my RX400h and it has held very good. I have to look up who made it though I will post if I find it.
Old 07-03-10, 08:04 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bet if you look at colors on 10 different monitors, the same color will look a little different on each one of them.

Like you said, after you get your car you may very well like the contrast. I know I do with mine.

I've had the WeatherTech "all weather" mats and cargo liners in both the RX's I've owned, and loved them.
Old 07-03-10, 09:56 PM
Lil4cyl
Lead Lap

On another note while we are talking about carpet protection related products. I am debating whether or not to buy the dealers car care package, which includes inside and outside treatment. The part I am interested in is the carpet sealing procedure. They say they guarantee if I get a carpet stain and they can't get it out, they will replace the whole interior carpet for 5 yrs. This is $595, and seems like a decent deal considering they guarantee I won't have any carpet stains for 5 yrs.

What do you think?

To anyone near Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte, NC, this is their Hendrick Autoguard Car care system.. if anyone has that actual treatment from Hendrick, let me know what you think. Or maybe all those things are scams.. but 5 yr stain guarantee is pretty nice I would think.
Old 07-04-10, 10:43 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay so I understand you have not taken delivery of the Weathertech mats and also have not taken delivery of your 2010 Lexus RX350. But you are now worrying that the color may not match.

This reminds me when we first bought our house many years ago. There is this planter by the entrance foyer. I was agonizing that the one they are going to build for me is a couple of feet longer than what model house shows. To a point where I was talking to the vice president of the company. He told me that if I feel that much that he is willing for me to cancel the contract. I did not. After some weeks, I did not even notice whether the planter is two feet longer or shorter. I worry for nothing. So my advice is just to relax.

(I went in the garage and took a look. The cargo liner color is exactly the same as what the picture by Goodrevs. Its slight darker than the interior. However the front and back floormats are darker than the cargo liner. Its almost chocolaty. My thinking is the darker the better to hide the dirt and mud. Oh, make sure you REMOVE THE ORIGINAL MAT when you put the front driver side and attach the hooks.

Last edited by LeoDLion; 07-04-10 at 10:51 AM.