RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Iphone- Blutooth controls?

Old 08-21-10, 09:17 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks, I have the Lexus premium sound system. I had ML in my 460 & 600 previously, but I don't need that level of performance, and would have avoided it on the LS if I could. Cars are rigidly packaged in Canada, so there was no alternative at the time. I am very satisfied with the Lexus sound system on the RX.
Old 08-21-10, 11:18 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Now just a bit off topic - -

Johnny and Cruiter,

Please perform this test for me when, or if, you have a chance and the spirit so moves you!! Forgive the simplistic photos and instructions.

Get in your car with key fob and do NOT start car.
Set your lights to auto.
Press the Power button ONCE, without your foot on the brake.
When your nav screen settles down, push MENU once to bring up the START screen.
Now press and hold the MENU button.
Turn the light switch from Auto to On four times and leave them ON.
The Start Menu will be replaced with the SERVICE MENU, release MENU button.
Within the SERVICE MENU, select the FAILURE DIAGNOSIS button.
The next screen will show the nav firmware version in the lower left corner.

When all done recording the numbers, push the back button and turn your car off to get out of the service menu.

I'm guessing Johnny's is 357 and Cruiter's is 350, the leading digit is the car model so 3350 is an RX. I believe both version were released in the 2010 RXs and iPod/iPhone does not scroll properly in version 350 and it scrolls as expected in version 357 as shown by Johnny's video. Lexus has not offered an upgrade, nor do service advisers have a clue about the problem as witnessed by Anita's and my last service visits.

Johnny and Cruiter, if you wouldn't mind post the number. Thanks for indulging me.

Lights in Auto.

Lights On.

Menu button near remote control joystick.

Hidden Service Menu

Press the Failure Diagnosis button.

Nav firmware version is in the lower left corner.

Thanks so much for your time.
Old 08-21-10, 02:31 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg

Johnny and Cruiter,

Please perform this test for me when, or if, you have a chance and the spirit so moves you!! Forgive the simplistic photos and instructions.

Set your lights to auto.

When all done recording the numbers, push the back button and turn your car off to get out of the service menu.

I'm guessing Johnny's is 357 and Cruiter's is 350, the leading digit is the car model so 3350 is an RX. I believe both version were released in the 2010 RXs and iPod/iPhone does not scroll properly in version 350 and it scrolls as expected in version 357 as shown by Johnny's video. Lexus has not offered an upgrade, nor do service advisers have a clue about the problem as witnessed by Anita's and my last service visits.

Johnny and Cruiter, if you wouldn't mind post the number. Thanks for indulging me.

Lights in Auto.

Lights On.

Menu button near remote control joystick.

Hidden Service Menu

Press the Failure Diagnosis button.

Nav firmware version is in the lower left corner.

As you correctly guessed, mine is 3350. While there I checked the DISC Ver. also and it is the same as your photograph.

Now if Johnny does the same I have an Appt on Wednesday for the 15K and I'll bring it up. I copy and pasted all of this to word and printed it out so I'll take that in as well just to show them there just might be something to this .

BTW, even though mine is the 450h Ver, the info is the same as the 350.

Thanks a bunch
Old 08-21-10, 02:37 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

I know the answer to that question. But just to make sure, I went through the motions and it is indeed 3357, as you suspected. That's why I'm suggesting you drag your SA to an Internet connection and show him this link, and possibly do likewise with Lexus Corp. Just so you know, my dealer tended to avoid contacting Lexus and risking a negative response, and so dealt with it as a run-of-the-mill "warranty issue". The more Lexus hears about this, the more it may compel them to do something about your situation, and in the best case, issue a TSIB. I would be all over them if I was in your shoes. I've gotten good results on my previous car doing this, so you need to hold their feet to the fire until they blink...
Old 08-21-10, 02:39 PM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by DunWkg

Johnny and Cruiter,

Set your lights to auto.

David
Just curious, what does Function Check/setting do? I was afraid to tap it without some more knowledge.
Old 08-22-10, 06:40 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by Cruiter
David
Just curious, what does Function Check/setting do? I was afraid to tap it without some more knowledge.
Function Check allows checking the operation of dashboard and steering wheel dials, switches and buttons.

Settings changes...settings.

I steered clear of CLEAR, RESET or any such menu items.

As always, Buyer Beware!! This menu is hidden for a reason.
Old 08-22-10, 07:01 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by lexiton
I hooked up my i phone through blue-tooth and all I could do was play and pause. Is this all the control I have through blue-tooth? If so I am very disappointed as is everyone else with the i pod integration.
Lexiton, the other "feature" I've found. I keep an old iPhone plugged into USB 24/7 and never unplug it. I occasionally use a newer iPhone for bluetooth music (and cell calls). When I switch from bluetooth to USB and back to bluetooth it is necessary to reconnect to the iPhone via a menu item on the nav system. The Lexus doesn't make an automatic connection like it does for cellphone functions. A minor pain in the neck.
Old 08-23-10, 06:36 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

While previously, I had only connected iPods to my USB port, yesterday my stepdaughter rode along with me, and since she uses an iPhone Gen 3, and has it loaded with lots of tunes, I asked her to try and link it via the USB port, not Bluetooth which would require a few extra steps anyway. The RX easily found the iPhone, and within seconds pulled up her library. From there, the iPhone behaved identically to the iPod, as mentioned previously.
Old 08-24-10, 09:42 AM
EJH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my new 450H last week and when I use my IPhone bluetooth it gives me an error message "no sim card" and I have to turn it off then on and then go to the display screen on the car and click connect phone, then the connection is successful, but sometimes it doesn't work and says no sim card. Does anyone have this same problem? Thanks.
Old 08-24-10, 02:08 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by EJH
I just got my new 450H last week and when I use my IPhone bluetooth it gives me an error message "no sim card" and I have to turn it off then on and then go to the display screen on the car and click connect phone, then the connection is successful, but sometimes it doesn't work and says no sim card. Does anyone have this same problem? Thanks.
I had the sim card replaced the first day I received iPhone 4. Suggest you visit A T & T, unless you never get that message when car is turned off and you turn on Bluetooth. If that's the case, visit Apple.
Old 08-25-10, 09:19 AM
Cruiter

Originally Posted by Johnny
I know the answer to that question. But just to make sure, I went through the motions and it is indeed 3357, as you suspected. That's why I'm suggesting you drag your SA to an Internet connection and show him this link, and possibly do likewise with Lexus Corp. Just so you know, my dealer tended to avoid contacting Lexus and risking a negative response, and so dealt with it as a run-of-the-mill "warranty issue". The more Lexus hears about this, the more it may compel them to do something about your situation, and in the best case, issue a TSIB. I would be all over them if I was in your shoes. I've gotten good results on my previous car doing this, so you need to hold their feet to the fire until they blink...
I took it in for service today and showed them the print out. We checked the 'demo' and it had 3357 so he checked his computer (while I watched) and there isn't a download yet for 3357 but if/when it is available they will make it available to me. So far it seems it's just available as installed in a recently built model.

That's a minor issue. They are replacing a noisy solenoid (functioning normally but making more noise then it should) in the hybrid system. Should be ready tonight.
Old 08-25-10, 06:34 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cruiter
We checked the 'demo' and it had 3357 so he checked his computer (while I watched) and there isn't a download yet for 3357 but if/when it is available they will make it available to me. So far it seems it's just available as installed in a recently built model.
I would therefore approach Lexus Corp. with this issue - putting it in writing, telling them the earlier version doesn't behave the way it was specified to, as it now does on 3357 (why did they update it anyway???).

Stay on their case - you may just get the results you're looking for. Good Luck!
Old 08-25-10, 07:16 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by Johnny
I would therefore approach Lexus Corp. with this issue - putting it in writing, telling them the earlier version doesn't behave the way it was specified to, as it now does on 3357 (why did they update it anyway???).

Stay on their case - you may just get the results you're looking for. Good Luck!
What is the recommended method to write corporate Lexus?

I was on a short trip to California and stumbled on to a customer service number and got moved upward twice during the call with the promise of them calling my service adviser, which never happened. Of course I was driving so I didnt write any numbers or names down.

Please tell me to whom to address the letter and the appropriate address and I'll be happy to send a letter.

Thanks,
Old 08-25-10, 09:16 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

From Lexus.com:

Contact Information List

Route it to the attention of: Customer Relations
Old 09-01-10, 08:07 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my ipod interface continues to drive me crazy--I have a number of playlists and if it starts past the letter b i get to listen to several playlists before the one I want--when I finally get in a playlist as I scroll down it automatically and randomly selects an interim track.

Safety issue as you take your eyes off the road to see whats happening and fix it. should have a button to press when you get to where you want to be-kind of like an ipod.

so much for the pursuit of perfection

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Iphone- Blutooth controls?