RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

THE RX Should Have Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-10, 06:42 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I'd also like to see them do a dual, either with two pipes coming out the back on one side or separate sides, but with larger piping from engine to muffler and the dual piping starting after either the cat or resonator. I know probably weight savings were a factor among other things, but I know if I had a 2010, I'd be tinkering with the exhaust, too. My girlfriend's 06 V8 4Runner is looking very appetizing to me in terms of what I could do with that exhaust (also a one sided muffler).
Old 04-28-10, 07:57 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

You could always go WALD lol

Old 04-29-10, 08:59 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny , I just got my RX yesterday and I actually walked down a line of RXs to see if they ALL only had one exhaust that wasn't chrome! I really expected the dual chrome pipes, but it doesn't bother me that its black, because its not really all that obvious. I'll live!
Old 05-01-10, 10:13 AM
kooser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the hybrid I would prefer downplay the exhaust thereby remaining consistent with the concept of lower emissions.

Aesthetically on any other model, and any car for that matter, I would also prefer dual exhaust for symmetry/aesthetics, as well as a slight bump in HP, albeit not appreciable.
Old 05-01-10, 02:16 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

^ I agree. Something about no visible exhaust and being hybrid makes sense. Now if I went with dual exhaust, I like the look of the LS and how it's integrated with the rear bumper.
Old 05-01-10, 09:47 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^ and not only that, but the hybrid has a CVT tranny. if you go with aftermarket exhaust, you will have continuous droning. it just takes away from the hybrid quietness.
Old 05-01-10, 10:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am not sure about the part on hybrid and no visible exhaust. i am sure gs450h and ls600hl without exhaust tips/outlet would look pretty silly

have the LOOK of dual exhaust really has very little to go with tone, a lot of times it's nothing more than cosmetic reasons anyway. unless it's really high output cars like isf, m3, m5, otherwise dual or in a lot of cases actually, single, will do the job just fine. dual, in most of the cases, it's more about look than function
Old 05-02-10, 12:12 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

That WALD exhaust looks amazing....
Old 05-02-10, 05:57 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
^ I agree. Something about no visible exhaust and being hybrid makes sense. Now if I went with dual exhaust, I like the look of the LS and how it's integrated with the rear bumper.
Ditto on the 'making sense', especially when the (h) is all about making sense. That's not to say the 'WALD' exhaust doesn't look bold, it's a good statement as far as looks or an admiring smile, but my experience in the business is that modifications like that don't hold up to factory specs over time and when it comes time to sell, people tend to shy away and lean more to the factory specs unless you can find the one in a bunch buyer that is willing to drop the money for it.
Old 05-02-10, 09:06 AM
afpj
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Does anyone know if the Wald job just split the exhaust after the muffler, or do they go all out with dual cats etc?
Old 05-02-10, 11:31 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Ditto on the 'making sense', especially when the (h) is all about making sense. That's not to say the 'WALD' exhaust doesn't look bold, it's a good statement as far as looks or an admiring smile, but my experience in the business is that modifications like that don't hold up to factory specs over time and when it comes time to sell, people tend to shy away and lean more to the factory specs unless you can find the one in a bunch buyer that is willing to drop the money for it.
wald is a premium jdm brand. i've seen their stainless steel aftermarket exhaust systems, and i have no doubt that it will last just as long as the stock exhaust. to put a blanket statement that mods don't hold up to factory specs is not true. it depends on the brand name and the quality that goes into it.
Old 05-04-10, 03:42 PM
LexFather

Maybe its just me but I don't really like SUVs and trucks with the exhaust showing from the rear like its a car. It mostly looks odd to me. I much prefer the hidden look.
Old 05-04-10, 04:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Maybe its just me but I don't really like SUVs and trucks with the exhaust showing from the rear like its a car. It mostly looks odd to me. I much prefer the hidden look.
come on, you don't like the fx and ex?

j/k, i think overall it's good cosmetic. if it works on es, it can look good on most (this is a joke)
Old 05-05-10, 05:50 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
prussian blue kit with the rear diffuser cover FTW!
Attached Thumbnails THE RX Should Have Dual Exhaust-pbrx350_r-mcs.jpg  
Old 05-10-10, 12:52 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea I agree......but I think the exhaust on the RX actually sound pretty good.

Quick Reply: THE RX Should Have Dual Exhaust