RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Starfire Pearl on Black Perforated Leather??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-10, 05:01 PM
GFC350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starfire Pearl on Black Perforated Leather??

My wife and I have been shopping for a 2010 RX 350 as we need more room for our new daughter and the 06 GS300 isn't cutting it anymore.

Here is the issue, we love white on black color combos and I have never understood why Lexus opts not to make their vehicles in this color combo as I know there would be a lot of people out there that would buy one like this too.

Does anyone know if there is a way to order one like this from Lexus or is it just not possible?

I had bought a Glacier Frost Mica on Black Leather GS300 as that was as close to white on black as I could get when I bought my car back then. I have found that the RX450 comes in the pearl color as well and there was another member on the forums here that has it with black interior but it looks like he lives in Canada and unfortunately, in the United States, that color would only come in gray interior.
Old 03-19-10, 05:25 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Yup, Canada gets that combo. Closest you might be able to get is the tungsten pearl with black which is what I have. The color is a slightly lighter than millenium silver in the old RX but definitely would not be mistaken for white. It would be nice if they had it here.
Old 03-19-10, 06:00 PM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GFC350
My wife and I have been shopping for a 2010 RX 350 as we need more room for our new daughter and the 06 GS300 isn't cutting it anymore.

Here is the issue, we love white on black color combos and I have never understood why Lexus opts not to make their vehicles in this color combo as I know there would be a lot of people out there that would buy one like this too.

Does anyone know if there is a way to order one like this from Lexus or is it just not possible?

I had bought a Glacier Frost Mica on Black Leather GS300 as that was as close to white on black as I could get when I bought my car back then. I have found that the RX450 comes in the pearl color as well and there was another member on the forums here that has it with black interior but it looks like he lives in Canada and unfortunately, in the United States, that color would only come in gray interior.
You can custom order it. I almost ordered the Aurora White Pearl with black interior, but I'm really liking the grey/black two-tone interior that comes standard.
Old 03-19-10, 07:52 PM
GFC350
Rookie

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
You can custom order it. I almost ordered the Aurora White Pearl with black interior, but I'm really liking the grey/black two-tone interior that comes standard.
Where are you located? Your sig says CA. I'm assuming California so how would you order an Aurora White Pearl RX450 with black interior? I have always thought that combo was only in Canada?
Old 03-19-10, 08:33 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to order white w/ black interior, Lexus corp rejected the order.
Not sure if anything change, but you can ask your dealer to try. Since they make it for Cdn market, I don't understand why they can't do it for the US market.
Old 03-30-10, 09:23 PM
GFC350
Rookie

Originally Posted by wyau01
I tried to order white w/ black interior, Lexus corp rejected the order.
Not sure if anything change, but you can ask your dealer to try. Since they make it for Cdn market, I don't understand why they can't do it for the US market.
So I went to the Lexus USA website and it looks like you can build a GS, IS, LS, LX and GX all Starfire Pearl with Black Leather interior.

Looks like the RX and ES are the only two Lexus vehicles that are left with Cashmere and Light Gray as the only two choices with Starfire Pearl.

Wonder if Lexus will give us this option in the 2011 and future models as I would wait if that was the case....???
Old 03-30-10, 10:36 PM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GFC350
Where are you located? Your sig says CA. I'm assuming California so how would you order an Aurora White Pearl RX450 with black interior? I have always thought that combo was only in Canada?
sorry for my delayed response--on business travel for the week. yes, i'm in southern california and was told that the black interior was available on a custom order. i was headed down that road until they located my car and i decided to go with it instead of placing the order.
Old 03-31-10, 12:23 PM
GFC350
Rookie

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
sorry for my delayed response--on business travel for the week. yes, i'm in southern california and was told that the black interior was available on a custom order. i was headed down that road until they located my car and i decided to go with it instead of placing the order.
Thanks for the info. I would rather goto a dealership and buy one as oppose to dealing with all the headache with special ordering it. Besides, I'm sure dealers are more prone to discounting what they have on the lot than to waste an allocation of theirs to order one for someone.

Might end up waiting until the 2011's come out and see if Lexus starts making the RX in the white on black combo since the RX and ES are the only ones that don't at this point. All of the other models can be bought white on black now.
Old 04-03-10, 03:35 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

The GS can be bought with the white exterior and black interior correct?