RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Fahrenheit to Celsius

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-15, 03:41 AM
BertL

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Handybud
Hello Bert,
Many thanks for the detailed reply.
I have an ES350 (American Spec) but live in the Emirates. The reason why i have posted on this thread is because what could work for one car, may work for another (navigation, firmware updates). As the local dealers won't touch an American car, i am looking to whomever is authorized to provide the same .... licensed stuff only. If you can guide me where to obtain this information, it would be appreciated, I am sure it can be sold over the net. I can do the updates myself. It is no big deal.

Maps ... it would be nice to get the Middle Eastern Region (or the Gulf Region)... Not the whole world. But frankly, the firmware is what i really need and i understand that both come together, thus the request.

Regards,
Sorry, I don't have a lot of direction to offer. Firmware for updating the Nav and vehicle is only available from and through authorized service departments. We're not talking about a PC here, for example where code can be downloaded and users can update things themselves. Most of this firmware is done via tools service depts have that connect to propietary systems users don't have direct access to.

You can check the website I suggested on specifics for your ES350, but more recent models like our Gen 3 RX require both the purchase of Map Updates from an authorized dealer (on a USB stick) which you may be able to do via the Net from a Lexus Parts Dept that will ship to you, but it must be installed by an authorized service department using a tool/PC/whatever they have that connects to some internal Toyota/Lexus system to authorize the key that comes with that USB stick. Impossible to do it yourself on certain models like our present RX. That's evolving again, but check the website for how your particular model works. I just caution you, that even if you can buy new maps and could install them yourself, that isn't going to help you at all if you don't first have the Nav supporting the regional maps your trying to install. Hence, back to square one. You need to find a dealer that will support what you're trying to do. I am not aware of a Nav website like we have with Canada/US, that describes mapping data available for other countries -- so can't help with that either I'm afraid.

Good luck.
Old 06-09-15, 08:33 AM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

When it comes to Gray market vehicles, you are best off browsing local/other gray market forums for hacks that people in your situation had to come up with. You are not likely to find knowledge here.
Old 03-07-22, 03:40 PM
newcityste
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimtucky
did you ever find the answer to this question?
Yeah, I got a 2011 450h. It was owned in Canada. Everything is changed to Fahrenheit except the climate control which is in Celsius and there's no option to change it.
Old 08-21-22, 07:11 PM
PaulBenez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone successfully changed from Celsius to Fahrenheit on the 2013-2015 RX350 climate control temperature buttons. I believe this can not be done without changing a component, not sure which one controls this….A/C control head unit, A/C amplifier/ECU, sensors?

any help would be appreciated