RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

How's the initial quality of your RX350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 09:25 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garfull
In spec is total bs. Its a lexus. They don't spend all that time to block out the road noise so we can hear the back seats rattle. I told the service guy and his boss that I don't buy off on that. Mines ended up being a loose seat track. They added felt and remounted the seats. Much better so far but that tonneau cover sucks.

I like how quiet the rx is b ut it just makes all thbose other noises inside louder. Drives me crazy.
I've been to the dealer twice for the rattle issue from the rear seat/cargo area and they won't do anything. Tech said the other RX350's drive the same way so mine is "within spec" I don't know what else I can do...
Old 12-11-09, 12:29 AM
GSLEX
Driver School Candidate

I have had my RX350 for almost 3 months. I keep checking the front bumper for the gap problem that owners are having and so far I am not.
The only sounds of bother are in the back cover. There is also a not so frequent ticking sound in the top of the drivers door on bumpy roads.
I think the overall quality and finish of the car is pretty good.
I too wish there was a light in the homelink buttons. I have become used to feeling around for the right button to open my garage.
The nav and audio issues are all valid and I will be taking them up with Lexus customer care.
Overall I like my car. I enjoy this forum, and read it everyday.
Old 12-13-09, 12:05 PM
Islanti
Driver School Candidate

Had mine since Friday and have put about 250 miles on it. Haven't noticed any issues so far. The car was delivered with a number of clear and white stickers still on various door sills and mirrors but that's just a sloppy dealer.
Old 12-13-09, 04:27 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After blowing my RX transmission at 2500 miles in October, and having Lexus replace it with a re-manufactured tranny, I was ready to sell it. I had lost all confidence in Lexus. This was after having Toyota products for the last 20 years, and my last 3 being Lexus products since 2004. I had never had a major break-down of a Toyota product in all these years until the Lexus tranny problem.

After a drive from Ohio to Florida and back, and over 5000 miles on the car now, my confidence in Lexus is returning. The car has handled great through snow, slush and ice on the way down to Florida, as well as heavy rains on the return trip. I could not have asked for a better handling car in the adverse weather. Of course the tranny has proven itself in the long drive and mountains of WV and VA. I might add I drove at speeds of up to 80 MPH at times.

I think it's a keeper now !

Old 12-23-09, 08:47 AM
jfeng
Driver School Candidate

Default Seperating bumper guard

I also have a seperating bumper guard on the passenger side.

What should I do to correct that?

Thank you.

Jeffrey
Old 12-24-09, 10:27 PM
YMark
Driver School Candidate

Damn, I was thinking of purchasing a 2010 RX350 in the very near future. I think I may have to hold on to my 2004 Murano a while longer. It still going strong with 123k miles, but will need about $2k worth of work shortly.

Decisions decisions.
Old 12-25-09, 11:56 AM
gr8330
Rookie

Why? These cars aren't falling apart. I haven't had a problem with mine at all. If you think you can find the perfect car with no problems that's going to be impossible. I've tried most of the German models and the only one that is on par with the Lexus is Porsche. The others, well ....... lets just say not on the same level as Lexus. Now is the time to get a great deal also.

Good luck
Old 12-25-09, 11:59 AM
YMark
Driver School Candidate

Gr8330...... I see you're in AZ too. Have any good dealer recommendations?

I know they're not falling apart, but a couple of things really bug me-
- NAV performance and lockout (I guess I can get one without)
- seems to have a lot of rattles, I hate rattles
Old 12-25-09, 08:12 PM
gr8330
Rookie

I bought mine at Arrowhead Lexus. I can get the sales persons name if you like. It's hard to not have any rattles when you have rear seats the adjust forward and backward and also fold down. The shade is just laying in a track so it will rattle at times as with any other car with the same setup. I guess I'm lucky I haven't heard any rattles yet, or maybe it's because I'm enjoying that great music from the radio. Remember you can buy the mod that will unlock the nav. Good luck with your decision.
Old 12-26-09, 07:09 PM
Joe G
Driver

Originally Posted by 4482
After blowing my RX transmission at 2500 miles in October, and having Lexus replace it with a re-manufactured tranny, I was ready to sell it. I had lost all confidence in Lexus. This was after having Toyota products for the last 20 years, and my last 3 being Lexus products since 2004. I had never had a major break-down of a Toyota product in all these years until the Lexus tranny problem.

After a drive from Ohio to Florida and back, and over 5000 miles on the car now, my confidence in Lexus is returning. The car has handled great through snow, slush and ice on the way down to Florida, as well as heavy rains on the return trip. I could not have asked for a better handling car in the adverse weather. Of course the tranny has proven itself in the long drive and mountains of WV and VA. I might add I drove at speeds of up to 80 MPH at times.

I think it's a keeper now !

4482 good to hear you are having good luck with the new tranny and your confidence is returning in Lexus. Although you are a long time fan of Toyota and Lexus and your confidence was tested and I amy happy to hear your Rx is a keeper!
Tried to sell ours, but it is out of the question. NO ONE will take it.
It is ours for keeps. As first time Lexus owners, hopefully we will fall back in love with it and the brand.
Appreciate your honesty. Continued good luck.
Joe G
Old 12-27-09, 12:50 PM
bushy
Driver School Candidate

1st Time owner of a Lexus, leased a Murano SE and had all the bells and whistles.. I leased this one with no Nav and standard headlamps.. only issue I have is there is no random settings for all disks on cd player...lol... all in all a nice SUV and Wife is happy {its hers** I ride a Ultra Classic Harley
Old 08-13-10, 06:43 AM
E12ic46
Driver

I found washing the car to be quite annoying. When the water sprays near the door handle, the car constantly locks and unlocks as if I am touching it. A power off A/C button would be nice also instead of the extra button for the side mirror camera.
Old 08-13-10, 06:57 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by E12ic46
I found washing the car to be quite annoying. When the water sprays near the door handle, the car constantly locks and unlocks as if I am touching it. A power off A/C button would be nice also instead of the extra button for the side mirror camera.
Just don't carry the key fob.
Old 08-13-10, 04:49 PM
w4rjd
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of rattles, wind noise, and clear bra poorly installed. Luxury?
Old 08-13-10, 07:27 PM
CliffV
Driver School Candidate

My RX450H has top notch build quality. Everything is quiet, screwed down right, and polished.

Engineering is another issue for another thread. :-)

Quick Reply: How's the initial quality of your RX350?