RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-14, 08:23 AM
JerseyRX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 RX350 No Nav

Name:  C6FCD96B-B47D-44BB-BE43-E63C2D6EE7D2_zpsxtimhmqq.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  109.6 KB
Old 07-16-14, 08:49 PM
KeithPI
Driver School Candidate

Default Loving My New RX

2015 RX 350 AWD
Navigation
Obsidian Black/Saddle Tan Leather/Expresso Walnut
Premium, Comfort & Towing Prep Packages
BSM, Park Assist
19" wheels

I have previously owned a 2001 ES 300 and a 2007 ES 350. I traded in the 2007 ES for the new RX. I loved the ES (most comfortable car I had ever driven), but I am head over heals with the new RX. Awesome ride, quiet, comfortable, Lexus quality, love the Nav (I don't mind the mouse at all - actually prefer it over the touch screen on the 2007 ES) and the ability of the car to pop up text and read them to me was an unexpected delight.

The last pic is the wife & I very happy in our new ride.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-1.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-2.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-3.jpg  
Old 07-17-14, 08:26 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats on your beautiful RX, KeithPI. And welcome to CL. I think you're the first to post a selfie inside the RX, LOL!. Just wondering what made you switch from the ES to the RX if you don't mind me asking.
Old 07-17-14, 06:32 PM
KeithPI
Driver School Candidate

Anita,
I was really wanting an SUV, partly for my job, but also because I prefer the be higher up on the road, the versatility of the rear hatch & fold down seats, and AWD. I had hesitated because I was afraid I would miss the ride of the ES, but so far I have loved the RX. We had a great vacation in it!

I noticed yesterday I have already picked up a couple of rock dings on the nose of the hood. Any suggestions for that? Is there a touch up paint, or some other method to cover those? I was a little disappointed to see them. I don't think I picked up one in all the years with either ES.
Keith
Old 07-19-14, 05:06 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Keith, sounds like the RX is perfect for you then. Versatility combined with a luxurious ride has definitely made it the best LUV out there. Bummer about the dings. You can try using touch-up paint. Ask your sales person, maybe they'll give a bottle to you for free. Basically you have two options to deal with future chips. You can retouch them as they happen or go with a clear bra. Here is one of the more recent discussions on it. You can do a search for more threads. I'm sure you know about how soft Lexus paint is. I made sure I got a clear bra installed the day I picked up my 450h. Four and a half years later and I have just a few spots where rocks nicked the clear bra compared to the front looking like it's been sandblasted. IMO, installing a clear bra has been one of the best investments on my RXh.

Good luck getting the chips fixed. And happy driving.
Old 07-19-14, 05:37 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Rock chips can be reduced by remembering that their impact force is inversely proportional to their distance traveled. IOW, you get less chips if you lay well back and many more if you tailgate.

I used to get a lot of rock chips as I traveled 70 mi every day to work and back on the expressway. Over the years, after witnessing numerous tailgating related accidents and close calls, I chose to increase my following distance and one thing I immediately noticed is that the front of my car stopped getting a lot of chips. Another benefit was that I was never in an accident or close call situation.
Old 07-24-14, 06:49 AM
chilibeans
Driver School Candidate

Smile New RX350

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a non-sport 2015 RX350, Starfire Pearl with Parchment interior, navigation system, blindspot monitor. I previously had a 2012 Honda CRV. Nice car, good gas mileage, but there is nothing like a Lexus. Solid, quiet, enjoyable ride with more than its share of bells and whistles. Still in my exploration period on those things. My wife has a 2011 ES350, also Starfire Pearl with Parchment interior with 26,000 miles. I guess you could say we are pleased with that color combo and big fans of Lexus products.
Old 07-24-14, 07:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

chilibeans, congrats on your new RX. I moved your thread over to the 3RX family album (aka 3RX roll call thread). One thing, you need to post a picture of your 350. It's mandatory

Last edited by kitlz; 07-24-14 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-25-14, 04:19 PM
Venylexus
Driver School Candidate

[attach]Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg[/attach]
Originally Posted by venylexus
lexus 2014 rx 350
- navigation package
- premium package with bsm
- comfort package
- intuitive parking assist
- 19" aluminium alloy wheels
- towing prep package
- stargazer black w/parchment leather
[attach]337154

Last edited by Venylexus; 07-26-14 at 08:32 AM. Reason: removed duplicate image
Old 07-26-14, 06:48 AM
KeithPI
Driver School Candidate

Very nice!
Old 07-27-14, 01:23 PM
garygve
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 rx 350

We got our new RX 350 3 weeks ago. We noticed a lot of wind noise on the roof from the rack cross bars, we didn't want them but it was a in stock car after removing them it is very quite.
The color is Cashmere with nav. and 19" tires, not real impressed with the ride of the Dunlop tires set pressure to 32 psi still seems too firm for a luxury suv I have different tires on order. I think I might order the side trim moldings I can see door dings happening with the tall side panels. I'm not very impressed with the range of motion of the seats, I'm 6'2" and can't seem to get comfortable with this car. Does anybody else have problems with these seats, my wife is 5' 1" and she doesn't have a problem so maybe its just taller drivers. The keyless entry and remote start is nice, we are still trying to learn how to use all the nav. functions.
Old 07-31-14, 01:35 PM
lexisoleil
Driver School Candidate

Default 2011 cpo rx350 awd

Hello all,

I have been lurking here for a few weeks now and decided I pop in and introduce myself. I have bought 4 weeks ago 2011 CPO RX350 AWD, Satin Cashmere (love the color!!)/parchment interiror (which I love), NAV, Premium, comfort pck, park assist, 18in wheels.

I love the car vey much, except whiny noise it makes sometimes, but I am sort of willing to get used to it...
Old 08-03-14, 09:36 PM
Soonerlvr
Driver School Candidate

Default Last week took delivery of our Starfire Pearl with Saddle

Took 4 months after ordering but got to ""build" it as desired.
Mark Levinson, Nav, BSM, park assist, remote start, and Sports Appearance Pkg.
Got educated what Superchrome REALLY meant but wanted the double splits and a very pleasant surprise came with Michelins!
We LUV the saddle interior and the contrast with the black doors, carpet, and dash.
This is our 1st Lexus but extensively researched luxury SUVs before deciding.
Hope the 2016s won't be too awesome or ??
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  

Last edited by Soonerlvr; 08-03-14 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-03-14, 09:42 PM
Soonerlvr
Driver School Candidate

Default Last week took delivery of our Starfire Pearl with Saddle

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to attach a 2nd picture
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-image.jpg  
Old 08-05-14, 12:10 PM
sherylking
Driver School Candidate

Smile My new RX

I have just upgraded from a 2005 RX 330 to a 2015 RX 350. I figure every ten years is good!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE