RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-11, 08:40 PM
ggravant
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2011 R350 AWD
Stargazer Black / Black Leather
Comfort Package
12 speaker audio
19" wheels
Navigation
Park Assist
Premium package
Towin prep
Wood/leather steering wheel/shift ****
Accy Pkg cargo mat, net and wheel locks
Crossbars

Since then have added front window tint and clear bra, husky floor and cargo mats and removed the crossbars. Wife is happy as a clam :-)
Old 03-03-11, 05:28 PM
Mossy
Driver School Candidate

Talking First Lexus

I had created a thread a few days ago, but since I formally purchased my first Lexus today, I thought I better officially introduce myself!

RX350 AWD. Tungsten Pearl w/ Black interior.
* Comfort pkg
* Premium pkg.
* Navi + RSES pkg
* Preferred accessory pkg
* 19"s
* Parking assist
* 12 speaker audio
* towing prep
* wood steering wheel and shift ****
* Remote start (although with only a 30' range and the fact that opening the door turns it off, I question how often I'll actually use it. And I thought the range on my Enclave was crappy- at least i could open the door and have it stay on until I put the key in the ignition).

I've only had it for a few hours, including the two-hour drive home but so far I LOVE IT!!. I researched the RX (& its competitors) ad nauseum. One of the consistent criticisms I read about the RX was that it wasn't as "sporty" or "fun to drive" as its rivals. It's funny what a little perspective will do for 'ya. Having last had a Buick Enclave, which is a good bit larger, the RX feels like a lot of fun to drive to me!!

I briefly toyed with the idea of getting a sedan, but I've driven SUVs for 10 years and knew that I wasn't ready to give up the utility factor. But I still wanted something smaller, more nimble, and easier to park. The RX fits the bill! And really does feel fun as far as I'm concerned.

I'm looking forward to getting to know it better......

Proud to join the club.

Last edited by Mossy; 03-03-11 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-05-11, 08:04 PM
EMSLEXUSRX
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to the Club, Mossy. That's an interesting perspective regarding the "sportiness" of the RX as compared to the Buick Enclave. Since the Enclave is Buick's direct competitor to the RX, how was your experience driving the Enclave, your likes and dislikes?

This is my second go around with Lexus and the RX. The quality of service from my dealership and the very positive experience that I had driving an '07 RX for four years pretty much sealed the deal and led me back to driving an RX again, a 2010 RX. Good luck, and enjoy your Lexus!!
Old 03-06-11, 11:46 AM
Mossy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EMSLEXUSRX
Welcome to the Club, Mossy. That's an interesting perspective regarding the "sportiness" of the RX as compared to the Buick Enclave. Since the Enclave is Buick's direct competitor to the RX, how was your experience driving the Enclave, your likes and dislikes?

The Enclave is actually a very solid verhicle and a great value for the money--- as evidenced by the number of them on the road. Lots of amenties, spacious third row, quiet cabin (maybe even more than the RX, actually) and I LOVED my second row bucket seats. When I would take it in for service and get a loaner, my son would LITERALLY bawl because he would think I had gotten rid of it. No kidding.

BUT its popularity -- and its large size-- started to wear on me. When I got it in late '07, they were very hard to find and "unique". It was a real head turner. Anyone who knows me knows I like to unique dogs (greyhounds) and unique verhicles. So seeing the Enclave everywhere really started to get under my skin.

I had never considered the RX an option because it, too, is not really unique. BUT, it occurred to me in recent weeks that there aren't very many around where i live in upstate NY because the two closest dealers are both 2 hours away. So while in many places the RX is ubiquitous, that's not really the case here....so that was enough for me! Plus I'm totally lovin' the smaller size.
Old 03-06-11, 12:51 PM
LexRexBlue
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love your honesty. I love uniqueness, too, but sometimes a great thing becomes popular, I was one of the first owners of the RX in '98. Then they popped up all over. Coupled with the fabulous treatment and service RXs are so common here. The Hybrid was more unique but not enough differentiation. Even my own children mistook others for my car. In order to find my car more quickly in parking lot I ended up getting a personalized license plate. I did investigate other brands/models but when I had the new loaner the decision was made. The new RX is better and I'm too comfortable with this car to switch.
Old 03-29-11, 11:56 AM
wheats
Driver School Candidate

Talking First Lexus

2011 Rx450H
Starfire Pearl
Parchment int.
Premium/comfort Pkg
19" wheels
Wood/leather steering wheel/shift
Parking assist
LED Headlights
No Navigation (not Needed here)
Old 03-29-11, 12:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Another 450h in da house! Welcome wheats, post a few pictures when you can.
Old 03-29-11, 11:14 PM
wheats
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kitlz
Another 450h in da house! Welcome wheats, post a few pictures when you can.
Thanks.
Hopefully here by end of the week,it's being shipped in from an outer island.
Old 03-30-11, 04:59 AM
jerryray
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by PatsSoxfan
I just copied what Stormforge posted above and did a bit of editing to fit our RX450h:

2010 RX450H (5 passenger active torque control AWD SUV with Smart Key Access:

Package C (Ultra Premium Package):
- 295 hp 3.5L V6 (Atkinson Cycle) Lexus Hybrid drive w/ VVT-I
- vehicle dynamics integrated management system (VDIM)
- engine oil cooler
- heavy duty battery, starter, alternator and heater
- stainless steel exhaust system
- new cooled exhaust gas recirculation system
- three driving modes: EV mode, Hybrid snow mode, ECO mode
- push button start with smart key
- satellite roof mounted fin antenna
- bluetooth capability
- 3 position driver seat memory system
- new active front headrests w/whiplash protection
- auto-dimming rearview mirror & compass
- integrated turn signal lamps and puddle lamps
- new rear suspension (double wishbone)
- 19" aluminum alloy wheels w/ P235/5519 tires
- voice activated DVD navigation system with remote touch
- XM real-time traffic & weather capability
- wood and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift ****
- LED headlamps
- Auto highbeam
- pre-collision system
- dynamic radar cruise control
- heads-up display
- premium leather seat
- 15 speaker Mark Levinson surround sound audio system
- 7.1 channel surround sound speaker architecture
- in dash 6 disc DVD changer
- wide-view side monitor system
- power retractable folding exterior mirrors
- front seat power thigh support
- intuitive parking assist
- roof rail
- front illuminated doorsill trim
- 115V/400-watt power outlet
Are the heated windshield wipers an option or standard?
Old 03-30-11, 06:08 AM
brwilli
Driver School Candidate

Smile My new ride

Bought on Saturday:

2011 RX 450h AWD
Smoky Granite Mica/ Black
Comfort Package
12 Speaker Audio
19" Wheels with the Dunlops
Bi-Xenon HID with AFS
Navigation with Enform
Premium Package
Tow Prep Package
Wood & Leather wheel and ****
Cargo net and mat & wheel locks

They all get ordered that way around here. AWD from Richmond VA and north, FWD from there south. Most other options are special order, and who knows when anything will get out of Japan?

Love it so far, only put 60 miles since delivery. Coming from an Infiniti G35X, and before that an Audi A6 and a couple Saabs. We wanted a taller passenger cabin than the Infiniti--my partner needs taller seating with good lumbar support and a seat front that doesn't hit the back of his legs--so we looked for a crossover SUV with AWD and hybrid. Not many choices--the Toyota Highlander drives like a truck, and the Ford Escape was even worse.

Nit piks: The Nav screen keeps defaulting to the nav--can't make it stay on audio or anything else except that inane energy conservation display. Also a bit of trouble at first getting my new Verizon 4G HTC Thunderbolt Droid to act nice with the Bluetooth. At first, it kept wanting to play my Pandora channels, but I think I got that straightened out. Also got a car charger for the Droid that has two USB plugs so that I can also plug in my iPhone, but the plug seems shallower than the female plug at the end of the tether in the RX--can't get a connection. Maybe I'll have to try plugging in at the pass-through under the center console instead.

Overall, very happy.
Brwilli
Old 03-30-11, 07:10 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Congratulations, enjoy.

The default nav screen is a setting. It can be changed to stay where you leave it. Check your settings.
Old 03-30-11, 07:58 AM
brwilli
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Congratulations, enjoy.

The default nav screen is a setting. It can be changed to stay where you leave it. Check your settings.
DunWkg

Thanks, that was easy, now I'm way more happy.

Brwilli
Old 04-07-11, 01:22 PM
Brew1
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Noob here

My Wife and I will be picking up our 2011 350 AWD tomorrow.

Stargazer Black/Parchment
Navi,comfort and premium package

This will be our first Lexus and she traded her 06 Acura TL.
We are looking forward to a long ride down to Texas at the end of the month to get to some warm weather and visit my sister.

Hello Everyone....
Old 04-07-11, 07:24 PM
Mylo
Driver School Candidate

My wife and I visited the Lexus dealership in MA on th 3/19/11 just to test drive an AWD 2011 RX 350 NAV, COMF, PREM with no inteniton of buying that day. We fell in love with the interior and I've always love the exterior look. After 4 hours in the dealership, their final offer was 18% off MSRP. We purchased it the same day and we selected a Stargazer Black color. We're very happy with our experience and I just eant to say hello to everyone!!!
Old 04-08-11, 09:55 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

glad you like your new car next time try true car .com to help with the price and never work down from MSRP but up from dealer cost

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE