RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 09:10 AM
thelew67
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RX350
Starfire Pearl with Ebony Interior
Navigation
Comfort Pkg
Premium Pkg.
18"s
MODS;
Wood dash trim
Led's in door(red)
cargo area (white)
Dome front and back (white)
Chrome tip exhaust
a work in progress...
Old 04-16-14, 03:02 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

14 RX350
Nebula Grey Pearl/Black interior
19 in wheels
Premium w/blind spot
towing pkg
display audio
Looked at Q5, GLK, X1 & X3. Q5 was nice but had to get loaded to get the backup camera. GLK was 'ok'. Forget the X1 and X3, as the only way to get the MPG advertised is using the stop/start function which was horrible. The A/C cut back when stopped, and sorry, but this is Florida- a real deal breaker. Decided to trade in a 2011 Nissan, keep the 2004 RX and add the 2014
Old 04-17-14, 08:33 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats thelew67 and jer. Welcome to the 3RX family. Make sure you post up some pics. It's mandatory
Old 04-18-14, 07:07 AM
Autoplak
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

2010 RX350 AWD - wifey's car and no mods
No navigation - appreciate the space
Exterior - Tungsten Pearl; Interior - Light Gray Ebony Bird's-Eye Maple Wood Interior Trim
Premium Pkg(R/V camera, Moon roof, etc.), leather/wood steering wheel, heated/ventilated seats, remote start, cold weather pkg, installed 2" tow bar for bike rack (only mod allowed).
18" stock wheels
Purchased new and currently have 45k miles

Other rides;
02 SC 430 - Garage Queen
12 Avalon - daily driver
91 MB 300E - rear ended and totaled
Old 04-19-14, 12:37 PM
jer
Instructor

Received 89 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jer
14 RX350
Nebula Grey Pearl/Black interior
19 in wheels
Premium w/blind spot
towing pkg
display audio
Looked at Q5, GLK, X1 & X3. Q5 was nice but had to get loaded to get the backup camera. GLK was 'ok'. Forget the X1 and X3, as the only way to get the MPG advertised is using the stop/start function which was horrible. The A/C cut back when stopped, and sorry, but this is Florida- a real deal breaker. Decided to trade in a 2011 Nissan, keep the 2004 RX and add the 2014
pictures attached
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-2014-03-01_10-51-20_509.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-2014-03-01_10-51-41_276.jpg  
Old 04-20-14, 11:47 PM
monkfury
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Forum

Greetings all
My name is Mark
I bought a 2010 Lexus RX350 back in August of 2010.
It is mainly a family vehicle. I only drive it for family travel.
I have an older Camry I use for job commuting.
It is a great car. Cannot be happier. Not the most advanced car but very well refined.
Old 04-21-14, 03:16 PM
Dreamlab
Rookie

Hello, name is Steve, yesterday we bought a
2014 RX350 FWD
Pearl White w/Gray interior
Nav
Sport Package
And a bunch of other options
MSRP: $49700 (approx.)
PAID: $42,600 (approx.) or about $7k off

Seemed like a pretty good deal, they are being more aggressive to move the 2014's since the 2015's are already on the lot.

This will be my Wife's daily drive (when she is not working), we also have a 2009 Venza, a 1998 4-Runner Limited (which we will now sell) and my daily driver is a 2002 BMW 330i. My initial impression is that the RX350 drives and handles much better than the Venza, is 10 times more plush. I REALLY like the upcoming NX and If it handles decent, I may consider dumping the BMW for one...

Cheers
Old 04-26-14, 12:33 PM
MacCat
Rookie

Default 2007 RX 350 = new owner

Some details about my Lexus:

1. RX350 (40,000 miles)
2. Navigation / Voice commands / bluetooth connectivity
3. Color - Granite Gray / Black interior
4. SirusXM / e-services / over-head DVD player & headphones
5. 19 inch wheels

Second owner. I bought it through CarMax in 2014

I already drive a Volvo XC-70, so that's what I'd compare the RX 350 to in size, performance, gas milage, etc.

April 2014
I have driven this RX 350 for about a month and put 3,500 miles on it. It drives great on the interstate and easily accelerates or decelerates, predictably. The ride is smooth, quite, and almost as nibble as my Volvo. This RX is front wheel drive and the Volvo is AWD. I was impressed with the heated and cooled seats. The mid console has been reduced to the minimal ***** to run the radio and sound system and the gear shifter was high, out of the way. The middle console has two sturdy cup holders and the navigation joy stick.

There are a lot of interesting and thoughtful storage areas, none of which I am using. I quickly found a new home for the giant manual set with the spare wheel. The USB plug was perfect for my iPhone and it synced up on the first try. Calls are easily routed through the radio or can be private on the cell phone alone. I have the e-service option, but I have only used it for the Nav Weather display and connecting SirusRX. It's good to know it is there and monitoring my car, particularly if it got stollen.

It took a while to learn the Navigation system. I don't use the steering wheel buttons much, yet. I programmed in a few destinations that were in Texas and took off with little more orientation. After several 300 mile segments, I found the easy to manage and I could do quite a bit while driving. A few functions were disabled as soon as the car started to roll, but others like the Sound configuration food some time to figure out.

First trips were easy enough to setup (car has to be stopped to program addresses). Not as fast as whipping out my iPhone and asking Siri to plot me a course to Tyler, Texas, but it did work. The main problem is it's unable to accurately estimate a time of arrival (ETA), because the whole map system is static and uniformed of real time situations, speed limits, and traffic conditions (except for some rather large cities, like Dallas or Houston). It turns out, the Nav system computes arrival times by using the hard coded speed limits entered in the Setup. Fortunately, you can change those speed limits to more meaningful values. They are for city streets, highways, and interstates. The default values didn't work very well around east Texas and were off by 45 minutes on a 200 mile trip, which included stops in as lot of small towns and an hour on IH-45. So, I'm guessing the Nav computer is not dynamic enough to learn much. I do like how hit announced up coming off ramps, cross streets, and intersections. Also, the time to the next exits works pretty well, once you get interstate speeds correctly put in the setup menu.

I was not impressed with the actual driver's seat positions. After an hour of driving, I normally try to reposition my seat. The range seems more limited in the RX 350 than my Volvo. Both track way back, both have intuitive electric buttons for the seat and back support, both have lumbar supports, but the seat cushions are short on the Lexus and don't support my average length legs, causing some discomfort. Using the Cruise control was logical, but I still bump that controller, which would be better left in the steering wheel area. The electric steering wheel comes out further than any car I have driving. Also, I miss a normal pull handle on the door. I don't like to claw at the padded arm rest.

Glare off the dash isn't as bad as some cars, but it shouldn't have any glare at all. I covered that area with a black felt dash cover, ASAP. The dash layout is better than most cars and the speedometer is easy to read, even with my dark glasses on. The Nav Display is equally visible day or night. While the joy stick is outrageously huge, it is handy for my passenger to use. I would prefer a touch screen - or an array of touch screens and please make the heads-up speedometer standard equipment !! There are all kinds of courtesy lights in the doors, under the dash and overhead, but their overhead panel makes the switches hard to find.

Electric door in the back is a nice feature. The First Aid kit is a nice thought - it reminds one to consider taking a few tools and some flashlights. Nice having a full sized spare time, but it's full size, heavy and holds 60 lbs of air pressure. I like having a spare outlet in the back work area that's always on. Good for charging up portable devices. I usually have a USB charger plugged in all the time.

Backup camera is wonderful - just the right angle, great resolution, and a vivid picture, even in daylight. The front and back warning sensors worked as expected. Getting a digital display on the display was unexpected and appreciated! I don't sense the blind spot as much of a problem - that's another system this RX 350 didn't come with - Volvo calls their version bliss. it didn't impress me when I had, anyway.

Overall, its exactly what I expected, from years of listening to other very satisfied Lexus owners. The mileage is fairly predictable, both city and highway driving. Having the computer statistics to back me up, I get an honest 21 mpg. I use the mid-level 89 octane fuel, after trying both 87 and 93, with no noticeable difference in mileage or performance.

by comparison:
My Volvo XC-70, which has a BMW dual-turbo 2.5 L engine with AWD, getting 21 mpg, uses low-lead 87 octane. 60,000 miles, similar weight, and only 16 inch wheels. The Volvo has a more station wagon-like in appearance, but storage room inside is almost identical. The voice recognition system in the Volvo is slower and it only controls the radio and cell phones.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-2010-lexus-rx-350.jpg  

Last edited by MacCat; 04-28-14 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-26-14, 04:09 PM
tlavergne
Driver School Candidate

2011 RX350
No Nav
Smoky Granite Mica
Purchased at dealership
Old 04-27-14, 04:05 PM
cachaco
Driver School Candidate

Default Rx350

2013 RX 350
Odenton, MD
Color: Obsidian
Navigation
BSM
Folding mirror
Lexus Park assist
Old 04-27-14, 04:21 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Welcome to the 3RX family. Gotta post a picture to make it official though. It's mandatory
Old 04-27-14, 04:27 PM
cachaco
Driver School Candidate

2013 RX350
Color: Obsidian
Interior: Parchment
Navigation
Comfort, Premium package
Tow package
BSM
Folding Mirrors
18' wheels
Old 04-28-14, 05:43 AM
tlavergne
Driver School Candidate

When I pick it up later this week I will try and post a pic. Thank you for the welcome Anita. Moving from a '99 Chevy Suburban to the 2011 RX350. I am looking forward to some comfort. Heated seats! Who knew?! Have been pouring over posts this weekend on maintenance, etc. Will be a sharp learning curve with all the features on this vehicle. Will be discovering things on it for the next few years I am guessing. Had a very good experience at the dealership.
Old 05-03-14, 11:48 AM
thePM22
Driver School Candidate

Default New member from UK

Okay so I have a 2012 450h ltd edition premier model. Moon roof, front and rear bash plates most options other than HUD and ML audio,

20,000 miles

Have already found forum useful some good information on the hybrid system

Thanks!

Paul
Old 05-08-14, 03:43 PM
Pdu2503
Driver School Candidate

Lexus 2014 RX 350
- Navigation Package
- Premium Package
- Comfort Package
- Xenon lights
- Nebula grey pearl w/light grey leather

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE