RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-11, 08:06 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by djkidkris
New Member and my first Lexus!! Just got my brand new 2011 RX 350 back from the Roadblock Clear Bra install...Will post pics soon since Chicago weather is the worst with crazy thunderstorms.
Look forward to the photos and a discussion of the Roadblock Clear Bra.

Gotta agree about the storms, seems no matter where you are, they will be!!!
Old 06-14-11, 07:31 PM
djkidkris
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chicago Weather Finally Cleared Up. My New RX 350 with Roadblock Clear Bra installed on 1/3 of my hood, front bumper, side mirrors, and door edges. Hard to tell its on there unless you are really up close...I'm glad i got it. Thinking about getting it for the rear bumper too.

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-kidkrisrx-1.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-kidkrisrx-2.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-kidkrisrx-3.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-kidkrisrx-4.jpg

Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-kidkrisrx-5.jpg

Last edited by djkidkris; 06-14-11 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-15-11, 12:06 PM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

djkidkris, this is the third attempt at posting this response, so....here goes!! Your car is exactly like ours and we are considering a clear bra installation. Could you please provide us with a little additional information so we may make a better decision. First, is Roadblock Clear Bra a franchise or a local installer? If a local installer, can you please tell us what product brand he used? Also was it a manufactured kit or did he custom cut the pieces prior to installation? It looks great from the pictures you have already posted but we are most curious about the edges on the hood and around the sensors on the bumper. If is not too much trouble, could you please post come close ups of these areas? Finally, could you please tell us what it cost to have done. We are getting prices from a few hundred dollars to a thousand dollars and more. As always, thanks for the help!
Old 06-15-11, 02:34 PM
djkidkris
Driver

Originally Posted by cafpaf
djkidkris, this is the third attempt at posting this response, so....here goes!! Your car is exactly like ours and we are considering a clear bra installation. Could you please provide us with a little additional information so we may make a better decision. First, is Roadblock Clear Bra a franchise or a local installer? If a local installer, can you please tell us what product brand he used? Also was it a manufactured kit or did he custom cut the pieces prior to installation? It looks great from the pictures you have already posted but we are most curious about the edges on the hood and around the sensors on the bumper. If is not too much trouble, could you please post come close ups of these areas? Finally, could you please tell us what it cost to have done. We are getting prices from a few hundred dollars to a thousand dollars and more. As always, thanks for the help!
cafpaf,

Being new to the car buying game I was lured into the extended warranty in addition to the clear bra at the dealership. ...So I probably paid a little bit more than going to get it done through the actual installer rather than getting it at the dealership. I believe Roadblock is a local installer but is franchised throughout the country. I had to schedule a drop off at service and they make an appointment with the installer to come to the dealership to install it. Then, I got a loaner which is a pretty good deal to me... I'm not sure what specific product they use in particular but I'm pretty sure its cut to specifically fit the RX 350. (On the website they list Haartz, 3M, and primarily Ventureshield) I've read that some clear bras fold over the edges but the one I have installed comes right to the edges, but peeling, cracking, and yellowing is covered under the lifetime warranty. The protective film does not cover the parking assist sensors so that is not affected but also its not protected. For the 1/3 hood coverage, door edges, front bumper/fenders, and side mirrors it was a little over $900. After all is said and done I do have peace of mind and less rock chips especially commuting in Chicagoland traffic and highways. I'll try to get some close ups if I can...Once again Chicago weather is at it again with more thunderstorms over the couple of days and into the weekend. Hope the info helped!

~djkidkris
Old 06-16-11, 05:32 AM
Tnchris5
Driver School Candidate

After years of looking I finally have my Lexus.

2011 RX450h AWD
Smoky Granite Mica, light gray leather
Comfort package
Premium package
Navigation
12 speakers
HIDs
19 inch wheels
Intuitive Parking Assist

I am loving every minute.
Old 06-16-11, 11:33 AM
cafpaf
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

djkidkris, Thanks for the update, I will look forward to seeing the pictures. You know, having a new car is like having a new house. One would think that there should be nothing to do but enjoy the ride. However, there is always something that needs done. Many years ago, my Dad told me this would happen with a new house and I thought that he was wrong. He was gone before we built our house and I have found out that Dad was right. The same holds true for the RX. FYI, the new RX cost over three times what I paid for out first house.

Last edited by cafpaf; 06-20-11 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-26-11, 03:13 PM
GLIDESUL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello everyone I have a 2011 rx350 awd to add to the fam. Its black on black nav 18" rims parking sensors to many options to name. Soon as I get home will post a pic of it.
Old 06-26-11, 03:22 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

There's no such thing as too many options. Give it up!
Old 06-29-11, 06:15 AM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

it is only money and you can make more of that any day get the car you want and have fun
Old 06-30-11, 09:51 AM
Darron1
Driver School Candidate

New member and just purchased my 2nd Lexus....traded in my '07 ES 350 for the RX 350:

2011 RX 350 FWD
Stargazer Black /Parchment
Nav
Comfort Package
Premium Package
Preferred Accessory Package

Thinking of adding window tint for the 2 front windows, mud guards and body side moldings.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dsc_0035.jpg  
Old 06-30-11, 05:15 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Very nice, great color combinations.

Do you notice any noise from the roof rail cross arms?
Old 06-30-11, 05:31 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ I have the cross arms on my 450h. I dont hear anything extra, though Ive had them on all the RXs I have owned
Old 06-30-11, 05:46 PM
billy44bo
Lexus Test Driver

Here are a few pictures of window tint floor mats and mud guards and body side moldings
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dscf1840.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dscf1842.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dscf1845.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-dscf1849.jpg  
Old 07-10-11, 02:33 AM
CO_GS350
Rookie

Beautiful detail work. Love the interior. I have the black interior and it is beautiful but a bit to dark for me. Wishing I would have gone with something lighter. Love yours!
Old 07-10-11, 02:34 AM
CO_GS350
Rookie

I had the front windows on mine tinted to match the rears and get lots of compliments and feel it keeps it cooler as well. Beautiful RX as it sits though.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 3RX owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE