RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Loose Front Bumper From Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 08:11 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I think the RX450 may have less of a gap simply because it has a different bumper cover and probably a different design in the placement of clips etc
Old 07-14-09, 08:29 PM
DNC
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't it ironic just when Mercedes starts trying to get it's act together Lexus relaxes it's quality standards? The problem being discussed here is shameful for a company that waits to produce a world class car. If not for the customer service I would not even give Lexus a second thought now.
Old 07-14-09, 09:22 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Even on the Japan models, I think the 450h is made in a plant that only produces Hybrids if I read a previous string correctly. That may be a difference.
yes, i believe you are correct

Originally Posted by RXSF
I think the RX450 may have less of a gap simply because it has a different bumper cover and probably a different design in the placement of clips etc
really? i thought the regular RX and hybrid RX share the same bumper cover?

Last edited by Stormforge; 07-14-09 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-14-09, 09:44 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RXSF
Originally Posted by Stormforge
... really? i thought the regular RX and hybrid RX share the same bumper cover?
450h has the extra air inlet on the top of the front bumper, which might have some slight difference insides/outsides...
Old 07-14-09, 09:53 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Even on the Japan models, I think the 450h is made in a plant that only produces Hybrids if I read a previous string correctly. That may be a difference.
yes, i believe you are correct...
Is 450h made in Kyushu?

If so, Kyushu plant seems to produce ES, IS, RX, and RX Hybrid. But, I agree that RX Hybrid prodcution lines are the special setup insides Kyushu plant, most of Hybrid parts are definitely separated from other lines of RX.
Old 07-14-09, 09:58 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Red face

Originally Posted by DNC
Isn't it ironic just when Mercedes starts trying to get it's act together Lexus relaxes it's quality standards? The problem being discussed here is shameful for a company that waits to produce a world class car. If not for the customer service I would not even give Lexus a second thought now.
A few months ago, while Lexus announced the recorded quarter loss and information about the old/new CEO, some of newspapers had indicated that Lexus made some mistakes from their strategies in the past years. 2 of them were most of Lexus vehicles were made insides Japan; Lexus' vehicles qualities are going down...
Old 07-15-09, 05:04 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

yes, i believe you are correct

really? i thought the regular RX and hybrid RX share the same bumper cover?
Not only is there a slit under the grill that defines the (h) model, the fog light inserts are completely different as well.
Old 07-15-09, 09:25 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Not only is there a slit under the grill that defines the (h) model, the fog light inserts are completely different as well.
didn't know that. i guess i'm not observant enough!
Old 07-15-09, 12:19 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I been saying this for the last 2 years and all I get is grieve in here when I say this. I have owned Lexus for more than 10 years and every one of the newer Lexus I have owned had poorer quality. The old LS was build like a tank, my 08 GS was build like a cheap Hyundai. Maybe its growing pain on the part of Lexus, maybe its Lexus' time to cash in on all the R&D money they invested in the pass years. Whatever it is, Lexus need to find a way to turn things around or they will be the next GM.
Old 07-15-09, 12:52 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

all brand new models have some sort of deficiency when first released, even mercedes and bmw are not exempt from this. lexus is no different. which is why everyone keeps saying don't buy a new model change when it first comes out, wait for the fixes in the 2nd or 3rd year.

now to say lexus will turn into the next GM - that's stretching it, even if you have a vivid imagination! GM's problems is a result of poor management and making cars that people don't want to buy. toyota is no where near this point of ineptitude. a lot of things have to go wrong before lexus becomes the next GM.
Old 07-15-09, 12:57 PM
ajs
Driver

Originally Posted by The G Man
I been saying this for the last 2 years and all I get is grieve in here when I say this. I have owned Lexus for more than 10 years and every one of the newer Lexus I have owned had poorer quality. The old LS was build like a tank, my 08 GS was build like a cheap Hyundai. Maybe its growing pain on the part of Lexus, maybe its Lexus' time to cash in on all the R&D money they invested in the pass years. Whatever it is, Lexus need to find a way to turn things around or they will be the next GM.
Well, according to J.D. Power, Lexus is still #1 in initial quality:

http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...spx?ID=2009108
Old 07-15-09, 01:05 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

all brand new models have some sort of deficiency when first released, even mercedes and bmw are not exempt from this. lexus is no different. which is why everyone keeps saying don't buy a new model change when it first comes out, wait for the fixes in the 2nd or 3rd year.

now to say lexus will turn into the next GM - that's stretching it, even if you have a vivid imagination! GM's problems is a result of poor management and making cars that people don't want to buy. toyota is no where near this point of ineptitude. a lot of things have to go wrong before lexus becomes the next GM.
The early problems here in this forum have all been minor, considering its a brand new design, the RX is still doing pretty good. If any of you guys have owned a Lexus from say 10 years ago, you would never find a bumper falling off a brand new Lexus nor would you find headrest falling apart. German cars are some of the worst when it comes to 1st year issues.
I agree, Toyota is long way from becoming the next GM, but they have already taken the 1st three steps. Toyota's climb to #1, labor cost is going up and quality is dropping.
Old 07-15-09, 01:07 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by The G Man
The early problems here in this forum have all been minor, considering its a brand new design, the RX is still doing pretty good. If any of you guys have owned a Lexus from say 10 years ago, you would never find a bumper falling off a brand new Lexus nor would you find headrest falling apart. German cars are some of the worst when it comes to 1st year issues.
I agree, Toyota is long way from becoming the next GM, but they have already taken the 1st two steps. Toyota's climb to #1 and quality is dropping.
only time will tell if toyota becomes the next GM; i hope you're wrong
Old 07-15-09, 01:14 PM
KC001
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajs

Something to note here is that when I took the 2010 to the dealership for this gap issue they did not count it as a defect. They tried to tell me that I caused it after 100 miles. Not a mark on the bumper that I can see and they blamed it the owner. They did not charge me to repair it, they knew better. But it was not counted as a defect. One way to get those high quality ratings, I guess.
Old 07-15-09, 01:24 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajs

if Lexus is 1st in initial quality, and with the defects listed on this forum... it's just sad to imagine how the other brands stack up against Lexus. I guess overall quality is now a thing of the past (?).. much like good customer service, but that's a whole new other topic.

Quick Reply: Loose Front Bumper From Canada