RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

anyone with 2010 rx?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-09, 09:56 AM
AceM3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Point, I remember my buddy went to look at an SC and he had

to show the Sales Rep how to work the vert controls, apparently

He didnt know the savety latch in the Back! Ha
Old 07-15-09, 07:52 PM
tazdevl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It only has 1 player... not 2. You need another DVD player or video game console to split between 2 screens. You plug into the inputs next to the 120v jack.
Old 11-29-09, 11:10 AM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
- assume the most complicated case, new rx with navigation + ml + rses
- the new ml means automatically come with a dvd changer and allow dvd video playback on the front navigation screen when the car is in P and parking brake engaged

so my questions are

1) if i put a dvd in the front changer, car in P and parking brake engaged, video will start playing on the navigation screen and also audio through car ml system. now would the same video show up in the rses screens? or they will remain shut off?

2) now assume car in P and parking brake engaged. you put in a dvd in the rses, start playing on the rear screens. would the same video be shown on the front navigation screen? how about the audio, would it be played through the ml system?

3) more complicated. say front changer is playing audio cd. car is in P and parking brake engaged. rses playing dvd video. would the video show up on the front navigation screen? if so, what would be the audio (from cd changer up front or dvd from rses)? and am i right that you press on the DISC button up front to cycle through CD changer -> RSES -> CD changer ....?
I did not see the answers to the 3 questions posed by the original poster.

Can someone with the 2010 RX with Rear Seat Entertainment answer these questions?

Also, is it possible to play IPod video on the front Nav and Rear Entertainment screens?
Old 11-30-09, 01:47 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio98
I did not see the answers to the 3 questions posed by the original poster.

Can someone with the 2010 RX with Rear Seat Entertainment answer these questions?

Also, is it possible to play IPod video on the front Nav and Rear Entertainment screens?
the answers to rominl's 3 questions as follows:

1) if i put a dvd in the front changer, car in P and parking brake engaged, video will start playing on the navigation screen and also audio through car ml system. now would the same video show up in the rses screens? or they will remain shut off?
answer: yes, the same video will show up in the rses screens. you can turn them on or off via the rses remote control or through the mouse navi interface.

2) now assume car in P and parking brake engaged. you put in a dvd in the rses, start playing on the rear screens. would the same video be shown on the front navigation screen? how about the audio, would it be played through the ml system?
answer: there is only one dvd changer that comes with the rses (which is the dvd changer in the front). so same answer as #1 above.

3) more complicated. say front changer is playing audio cd. car is in P and parking brake engaged. rses playing dvd video. would the video show up on the front navigation screen? if so, what would be the audio (from cd changer up front or dvd from rses)? and am i right that you press on the DISC button up front to cycle through CD changer -> RSES -> CD changer ....?
answer: if you play audio cd up front, your rses screens will not show any video (but it will show titles like cd, am/fm, sat). again, video from rses comes from the front dvd changer, so it's not possible to play audio cd and dvd video at the same time. however front passengers can listen to am/fm/sat while rear passengers listen/watch dvd movies via headphones. if you press the disc button up front, it will cycle through all the audio discs and dvd discs in the dvd changer (ie: disc 1 -> disc 2 -> disc 3, etc)
Old 11-30-09, 03:26 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Thanks for your answers Stormforge.

Is it possible to play iPod video on the front Nav screen or on the RSES screens?

Is there a USB input for the RSES, or is it just the red, yellow, white component input?
Old 11-30-09, 05:52 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by antonio98
Thanks for your answers Stormforge.

Is it possible to play iPod video on the front Nav screen or on the RSES screens?

Is there a USB input for the RSES, or is it just the red, yellow, white component input?
i think you can connect and play the iPod, not 100% sure. whether you can see iPod video on the front navi screen or the RSES screens, i don't know. i don't have an iPod, so i won't be able to test/confirm this for you. sorry.

no usb input for the RSES that i know of. don't recall seeing a red, yellow, white component input, just a regular video in jack. i can take a few pics for you and post up for you to see. give me a couple of days, been busy at work here.
Old 11-30-09, 05:58 PM
antonio98
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Stormforge
i think you can connect and play the iPod, not 100% sure. whether you can see iPod video on the front navi screen or the RSES screens, i don't know. i don't have an iPod, so i won't be able to test/confirm this for you. sorry.

no usb input for the RSES that i know of. don't recall seeing a red, yellow, white component input, just a regular video in jack. i can take a few pics for you and post up for you to see. give me a couple of days, been busy at work here.
Yes, pics will be great!

Please take your time.

Appreciate your help.