RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Anyone get the all weather mats set?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-09, 08:15 PM
GoCougs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone get the all weather mats set?

Got a fantastic Starfire pearl / cashmere. The brown mats are a great change for hiding dirt.

Has anyone got any recommendations for the all weather mats? are they good quality? Do they detract from the Lexus 'feel'?

We had them on our MDX and they kept the factory mats looking brand new in the 2 years we had them.

Thoughts?

Any other must-have accessories for the RX?

Old 05-08-09, 08:19 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan to get Lexus' when getting back to the dealer next month and probably will buy them by using Lexus rewards points. However, I never see how they look. If they cannot contain water and dirts, I won't buy them.
Old 05-09-09, 06:42 AM
DOUS
Pole Position

I ordered Weathertech's floor and cargo liners. So far those are the only ones they have. They don't have the 2nd row yet. They're also on back order so like my 2010 RX, I'm still waiting for them.
Old 05-09-09, 07:38 AM
GoCougs
Driver School Candidate

here is what looks to be a decent deal on an entire set - fronts, 2nd row, and cargo mat. $180 shipped.

Anyone know of a better deal than this shipped to my front door?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...Q5fAccessories
Old 05-09-09, 07:41 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GoCougs
here is what looks to be a decent deal on an entire set - fronts, 2nd row, and cargo mat. $180 shipped.

Anyone know of a better deal than this shipped to my front door?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...Q5fAccessories
They look good, but I'm worrying if they can hold water on their back parts...

If they are truly Lexus '10RX items, you may ask your dealer sale rep and see if he can get the lower price for you.
Old 05-09-09, 08:02 AM
ajs
Driver

Yes, I ordered these from the mentioned dealer and they are genuine 2010 RX mats. They fit perfectly both the occupant and cargo areas, and they don't give off any unpleasant fumes.

They have a raised lip all around the edge, so they can contain small liquid spills. I think they are a great accessory to have.
Old 05-10-09, 06:41 PM
Carachi
Driver School Candidate

I purchased the All-weather matts from my dealer for $160 total (80 for the 4 floor matts/80 for the 2 cargo matts)

I told the parts manager that I could get them for 148+28 shipping on ebay (from park place lexus in Texas) and I wanted to know if he could match that before I ordered them online. He fiddled around for a while and came back with 80/80 as the price and I love them.

I have a grey interior and went with the black matts. These ones are very rugged and have deep grooves for holding spills/dirt, they fit flawlessly. Being in Colorado they are a definite must for the winter.
Old 05-10-09, 06:53 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carachi
I purchased the All-weather matts from my dealer for $160 total (80 for the 4 floor matts/80 for the 2 cargo matts)

I told the parts manager that I could get them for 148+28 shipping on ebay (from park place lexus in Texas) and I wanted to know if he could match that before I ordered them online. He fiddled around for a while and came back with 80/80 as the price and I love them.

I have a grey interior and went with the black matts. These ones are very rugged and have deep grooves for holding spills/dirt, they fit flawlessly. Being in Colorado they are a definite must for the winter.
80 is great. My sale rep told me 99 for floor mats if getting it by employee price.
Old 05-12-09, 12:26 AM
Tiggerr
Driver

I have the Starfire Pearl as well but with gray interior. I got the 5 pcs. all weather mats from Lexus and I love them. Fits perfect, no fitting issue! My first choice was the Weathertech but just as DOUS stated they only have the 2nd row. I couldn’t wait…
Old 05-12-09, 12:03 PM
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

About a week ago I spoke to the gal at Weathertech. She told me they would have the second row mats by July 1st. Being I only use them in the winter, I'll wait and get the complete set before fall. I had the Weathertech with my 05 RX and loved them. I think they are more suited and heavy duty for our Ohio winters, then the Lexus mats.

Just my opinion of course.
Old 05-12-09, 04:44 PM
DOUS
Pole Position

I agree. IMO The Weathertech's are very durable. I've had them on my 2000 4Runner limited and they still look as new as when I bought them and they've been through a lot.. I mean a lot of abuse.
Old 05-12-09, 05:42 PM
2010RX
Driver School Candidate

I have the Lexus all-weather mats in brown to match my parchment interior and they look great. Very high quality. If anything, they add to the Lexus 'feel' over the stock gray mats.

I got them on ebay from Park Place Lexus and am very satisfied. One thing to note, however, is that the rear mat is made up of two interlocking pieces instead of one large piece - something to consider if you're planning on hauling a lot of messy stuff in the trunk.
Old 05-14-09, 01:28 PM
GoCougs
Driver School Candidate

My wife was at the dealer today to pick up license plates and what not. I had her ask the parts department if they could match the price of what is being sold on Ebay from another Lexus dealer.

Ebay - shipped to my door is $180 for the full floor mat/cargo mat 5 peice set.

Local dealer: $306.

My wife said "That's alot of latte's". Parts guy didn't seem to care.

Wow. You spend almost 50k on a car and they still want to bend you over to the tune of $125 overpayment.

All for a set of mats...

I wonder what they would have said to me versus a cute 30 year old lady?

I'd love to hear some 'dealer justification' of how they think it's right to do that to people?

There must be some major profit in those things... WOW.
Old 05-14-09, 02:49 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GoCougs
My wife was at the dealer today to pick up license plates and what not. I had her ask the parts department if they could match the price of what is being sold on Ebay from another Lexus dealer.

Ebay - shipped to my door is $180 for the full floor mat/cargo mat 5 peice set.

Local dealer: $306.

My wife said "That's alot of latte's". Parts guy didn't seem to care.

Wow. You spend almost 50k on a car and they still want to bend you over to the tune of $125 overpayment.

All for a set of mats...

I wonder what they would have said to me versus a cute 30 year old lady?

I'd love to hear some 'dealer justification' of how they think it's right to do that to people?

There must be some major profit in those things... WOW.
Wow, it's terrible. What the price!!!

Carachi in CO spent $160 total (80 for the 4 floor matts/80 for the 2 cargo matts). My dealer wants to sell me around $199. (My sale person said he probably can get them as $99 - I'll figure this out next month)
Old 05-14-09, 05:31 PM
Tiggerr
Driver

GoCougs: What is the seller's name on ebay. I would like to check it out. $180 shipped+tax for all 5 pcs. is very good.

I got mine (5 pcs) at my local dealer for $195.55 + CA sales tax (9.25%) = $213.63 and I got it the same day. Didn't have to wait for shipping. They installed it for me and washed the car too.

Quick Reply: Anyone get the all weather mats set?