RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Programming HomeLink garage opener - RX330

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-05, 02:47 PM
cantsleepnk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinclee
I have problem to reset the existing code on my homelink.

From the manual and the posts here, "hold down both homelink buttons on the outsides of the homelink tranmitter (to reset any existing codes)- you might have to do it for 20-30 seconds. red light on homelink will flash rapidly then let go.".

I tried a few times holding two buttons on the outsides for over 30 seconds, even 2 minutes. I didn't see the red light flash. I only saw the red light is solid.

Any idea?
If you follow Fern's instructions it should work.
When we first got the car I couldn't program the remote. I tried several times later on and still it didn't work. Finally after about 2 months I read this post and it worked.

Skip to step 3 and try it. If that doesn't work then start with step2 .
It might take you a few tries but it should work. Have a long broom stick handy to press the learning button on your garage opener in step 4.
Good Luck
Old 01-26-05, 03:56 PM
kevinclee
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

No No, I just want to RESET the existing code on my RX330, not programming. I did follow Fern's instruction - "hold down both homelink buttons on the outsides of the homelink tranmitter (to reset any existing codes)- you might have to do it for 20-30 seconds. red light on homelink will flash rapidly then let go."

But the red light is always solid.
Old 01-26-05, 04:20 PM
RA030724
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Homelink

I found that the instructions at http://www.homelink.com were better than the Lexus instructions. The key is that not all openers, etc. are HomeLink compatible. In fact, most aren't. After many tries, I found out from Wayne-Dalton customer service that only the openers with either a white or yellow antenna wire are HomeLink compatible. (I had been told by HomeLink Cust Service that the model opener I had would work). The black antenna control board I had was not. I replaced the control board with a new one (Wayne-Daltons pretty much all use the same controller it appears) that had the white antenna and it programmed just as described in the Homelink instructions first time. Also, you MUST clear the button before you can program it, and unfortunately, you cannot clear only one button - you have to clear all three. I bought the X-10 compatible controller from the HomeLink site that can be controlled by one of the buttons. That way I can turn the lights on in the house as I drive up with my third button.
Oliver
Old 01-27-05, 12:01 AM
kevinclee
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

I was asking how I can RESET the existing code, not programming. I tried to hold down both homelink buttons on the outsides for 20-30 seconds. The red light was always solid. It didn't flash rapidly.

HOW CAN I ERASE THE EXISTING CODE?
Old 01-27-05, 04:45 AM
RA030724
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Homelink

Per the HomeLink site (and this is what works on my 2004 RX-330):

Erasing all programmed HomeLink buttons
Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash after 20 seconds. Do not hold for longer than 30 seconds.

If you are still having problems, see: http://www.homelink.com/home/faq.tml

Worked first time for me. I cleared and programmed mine with the vehicle off and key not in ignition if that makes a difference.
Oliver
Old 10-01-12, 11:35 AM
krazycj
5th Gear

Default can't get Homelink to sync

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I've read this forum and others and still can't get my car Homelink to sync with my new garage door openers (Craftsman). Any suggestions??

Cheryl
Old 08-17-13, 09:00 AM
mdeeny
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks Fern: Good for Lexus & Genie Xcellerators

Thanks Fern!, This worked well for my 2005 Lexus RX330 HomeLite and my Genie Xcellerator openers. I have noticed that unlike the normal garage transmitters, you have to hold the button just a bit on Homelites.

Originally Posted by Fern
I also couldn't figure out why mine wasn't working, even after I followed the instructions as in the manual.

It turns out that my door opener is a "liftmaster" with the rolling code feature.

After locating the "learn" button on the back of the unit (you will have to remove plastic panel which covers the light) it was a peice of cake.

Instructions:
1) put the key in ignition in postition 2 (car not running)

2) hold down both homelink buttons on the outsides of the homelink tranmitter (to reset any existing codes)- you might have to do it for 20-30 seconds. red light on homelink will flash rapidly then let go.

3)Now, with the garage remote in one hand and the other hand holding the button on homelink you want to program (keep holding homelink until it pulses (not a rapid flash, takes about 20 seconds). When it is pulsing, hold the garage opener as close to the homelink button as possible while depressing door opener button also.

Shortly after doing this you will see the homelink start to flash rapidly (this means it is learning the code).

- let go of both buttons once it is flashing rapidly and

4)go to motor of door opener and hit the learn button (a light should turn on)

5) return to the car and press the homelink button you programed once, twice, ... upto 3 times until you see garage door open/ close.

Thats it...

I bet the biggest problem is most people don't know that their door opener has a rolling code system and you have to sync the motor with homelink by pressing the learn button on the motor.

Cheers,

Fern

Old 09-12-13, 12:25 PM
krazycj
5th Gear

Default RX 330, Homelink and Craftsman opener

Hello all,

I've tried Fern's instructions many times and still can't get my opener to sync with my RX 330. Can anyone help? Fern?

Thanks!

Cheryl
Old 09-12-13, 12:39 PM
Briand_OH
Driver

Cheryl:

Um, I do NOT have any garage door opener, but a couple of years ago I programmed an universal opener for a friends Craftsmen and IIRC there is a button on opener body that you press to "learn" whatever code is on the HomeLink. HomeLInk has a website that may have better opener specific instructions. HTH,
Old 09-17-13, 08:25 AM
krazycj
5th Gear

Default Craftsman opener and HomeLink

I do understand that there is a learn button on my opener. As I stated, I've followed Fern's directions several times and still can't seem to get my RX 330 programmed to my Craftsman opener. If there is anyone out there than can help me I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Cheryl
Old 09-17-13, 10:54 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by krazycj
I do understand that there is a learn button on my opener. As I stated, I've followed Fern's directions several times and still can't seem to get my RX 330 programmed to my Craftsman opener. If there is anyone out there than can help me I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Cheryl
Cheryl, I can confirm the instructions above do work. I have an RX330 and a fairly new Craftsman garage door opener. While I did not use these instructions per se, I was able to program mine on the first try and the steps I used were identical. Is there a teenager in the house or one nearby you can borrow? Sometimes it just takes a different person to work through the steps and not because of anything particular you are doing wrong.
Old 09-23-13, 04:24 AM
krazycj
5th Gear

Thanks RX330 in FL. I will get my husband to follow the directions and see if he can't get it to work. It's just a drag to have to use the actual opener when I have the programmable buttons.
Old 10-11-13, 11:23 AM
Nozzleman
Driver School Candidate

Homelink has a Hotline to deal with specific idiosyncrasies of the different brands of openers transmitters/receivers.that you may run into.
Try: 1-800-355-3515.

BTW, Johnson Controls just sold the ownership of Homelink to Gentex.
Old 10-14-13, 08:34 AM
krazycj
5th Gear

Default HomeLink and RX330

Thanks for the 411. I will see if my husband can't get it to program today.
Old 11-27-13, 12:46 PM
krazycj
5th Gear

Default HomeLink and RX330

I've tried the directions posted and it still doesn't work. My husband went through them with me too!

When we get to the step where you hold the home link button and the garage door opener it flashes but never rapidly and after a period of time goes out all together. It seems like it never gets into 'learn' mode.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheryl

Quick Reply: Programming HomeLink garage opener - RX330