RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

What is rx 330 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 05:34 PM
Skip
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is rx 330 worth?

Silver black, performance package, tow package, heated seats. 3262 miles. Not a scratch. Rubber mats put over floor mats.Showroom condition. How much should I ask for it? Skip
Old 07-17-03, 06:10 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

I'd think you could get at least 35K

why you sellin' so soon??
Old 07-17-03, 06:49 PM
Skip
Driver

I need to be able to tow my boat. It is only one mile to the launch ramp, but that is too far to push a bass boat. Was told the hitches would be out soon. Has not happened. Have seen custom hitches and due to the spare tire they are gross. Stick out four inches past the bumper. That is just the receiver, not the slider and ball. Might get a gx. Not mad at the dealer, feel like I have been had by Lexus. First car I have ever bought that I did not get under and check out. Really p oed about the whole thing right now. I got $2350 off sticker and it still cost me over $41 K plus tax and license. I feel like I am too stupid to own a Lexus right now! I am going to lose a bundle. I really like the rx, but it will not due what I want it to do. Damn, summer is half over. Skip
Old 07-17-03, 07:00 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

that sux skip - clean her up real pretty and put her on eBay - she'll fly
Old 07-17-03, 09:55 PM
cotmc
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation tow hitch in phoenix

Skip,

Don't give up too quickly on the custom tow hitch possibility. A specialty hitch/bumper shop here in Phoenix (B & M Bumpers) has supposedly done an awesome job of installing a tow hitch on a new RX 330. I did not see the results, but a good friend of mine who works at a Lexus dealership told me all about it. I was told it took the shop a couple extra hours to figure everything out, but the end result was a true custom-looking install -- nothing sticking out as you had described. Total cost was $500.
Old 07-17-03, 10:14 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Lightbulb Focus on the mission...

Why lose all that to tow a little bass boat a mile? Buy a beater pickup for that twenty miles a season you'll use it to drag the boat.
Old 07-18-03, 06:54 AM
Skip
Driver

Boat is at my mountain cabin. No place to park another vehicle. Insurance would be around $1,000 per year. I would also like to tow my sea doo and go kart trailers, which I keep at my house in Los Angeles. Skip
Old 07-18-03, 11:53 AM
o8yb
Rookie

How many times are you going to tow your boat /trailer before October this year? If its only couple times, I suggest you to get an SUV rental to fix the current problem. By September/October Lexus should have a hitch. Selling your car now will cost you lots of money (Don't forget the tax and any selling fee/ ads)
and troubles (Let people test drive the car, buying a new car. . .. )

The bottomline: Unless you tow stuffs everyday, I don't see you will spend more money on the rental than selling your car.

Once your Rx330 got a tow hitch, I am sure you will forget all the little troube you currently have.

Sam
Old 07-18-03, 01:20 PM
cotmc
Driver School Candidate

Default My 2 cents...

Based on what I've read in here, it would probably be cheaper to take a drive from L.A. to Phoenix for the custom hitch install here, rather then renting or buying another vehicle. That's if one is willing to trust an aftermarket install. I may have them (B & M) install a hitch on our 330 sometime in the next few weeks.

Also, I don't think Lexus will have that tow hitch available in the Sept/Oct timeframe.
Old 07-18-03, 05:31 PM
Skip
Driver

I have seen two custom hitches done here in L.A. The places that did them did a very nice job. Thet still looked TERRIBLE. The receiver sticks out way past the bumper. It has to, because the spare tire is almost flush with the inside of the bumper. Put your car up on a rack and you will see what I mean. I do not care who makes it, it is going to stick way out. Lexus will probably never put a factory hitch on a RX. It would be a shin buster, and that is without the slider and ball being in. If you did not have to lower the spare to remove it, or just threw it away , a very nice looking hitch could be built. I bought my first Lexus in August of 1989, when I bought my mom a LS 400. With my wifes GS 430, the RX makes the third Lexus that I have bought and still own. This is the only issue that I have ever had with Lexus. I want to stay with Lexus and will probably get a GX 470. I have other vehicles that I can tow with, but that is not the point. If I wanted to drive these I would not have bought the Lexus. I want to enjoy my Lexus while driving the 120 miles to my cabin and want to be able to use my bass boat. Maybe I am asking too much? Sorry for the rant, just kind of put off by the whole thing right now. Skip
Old 07-18-03, 08:16 PM
cotmc
Driver School Candidate

Default Trading up to GX

Just a wild thought...

If your Lexus dealer had misled you regarding the tow hitch, maybe you could work a deal with that dealership to give you a great deal on a trade-up to the GX?? You have a unique situation here with that dealer. They might try to make some amends for any mistakes they made. Maybe not, but I would pursue it. Besides, they shouldn't need to do much of any detailing to re-sell your RX! (This idea assumes you save some of the sales tax when you have a trade-in in California.)