RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2004 RX Accessories???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-03, 02:38 PM
dreday68
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 RX Accessories???

I have been looking through the web and the only place for RX accessoriesI have been able to find anything is at the toyota japan page for the harrier. By accessories I mean anything ranging from superchargers to custum mats.Have any of you guys/gals come across anything else so far. Also, have your heard of or do you know of places that are gonna start to make accesories for the Lexus soon. Furthermore, I'd like to hear what types of accesories you guys have or would like to see. Thanx.
Old 07-16-03, 04:04 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

I want mud flaps for the RX330!!!

and an official Lexus RX330 chrome license plate frame (not aftermarket)

and maybe the nudge bar.....

Last edited by jeffknet; 07-16-03 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-17-03, 12:31 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A supercharger from TRD would be nice. Actually, I suspect they may have one in the future. I mean, they had one for the 3.0 liter V6 that was used in the Camry, ES300, and RX300, so being that the 330 is just the evolution motor we will probably see it used in the Camry as well. If that is true, I think they'll release an SC for it. A nice suspension kit would also be nice.
Old 07-17-03, 08:45 AM
HiTechRX
Driver School Candidate

Our Lexus dealership just received in a small supply of the Weather Tech rear cargo protectors - the thick rubber/vinyl type with edge guards. It fits really well in the rear cargo area, including cut-outs that match with the four cargo tie-down points. This was one of the items our dealer threw in after delivery of the SUV.

Another "accessory" perhaps are the floor mats. Our car came with light grey mats (the factory set that matched the interior carpeting), and our dealer threw in a matching second set, in black this time - a nice color-contrasting scheme, plus better on hiding dirt/stains. These were Lexus factory mats (Lexus P/N). I assume these came stock on the black interior orders.

- HiTechRX
Old 07-17-03, 10:18 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by HiTechRX

Another "accessory" perhaps are the floor mats. Our car came with light grey mats (the factory set that matched the interior carpeting), and our dealer threw in a matching second set, in black this time - a nice color-contrasting scheme, plus better on hiding dirt/stains. These were Lexus factory mats (Lexus P/N). I assume these came stock on the black interior orders.

- HiTechRX
Your dealer has the same taste as me My 330 came with the color match light grey floor mats, so I bought the black rear cargo mat and will be picking up the black floor mats as well.
Old 07-18-03, 10:28 AM
HiTechRX
Driver School Candidate

Looks like we actually have the same taste. When we special ordered the RX330, we wanted the light gray interior w/black dash, but wanted the black mats as well. Our dealer said if he couldn't get the black mats delivered with the vehicle from the factory, he'd get us a set. It was nice that he just gave them to us, so now we have a gray set as a backup...

Overall, I think you'll like the black-dash, gray interior/gray leather, and black mats. Nice combination IMHO.

- HiTechRX

Last edited by HiTechRX; 07-18-03 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-19-03, 07:49 PM
Rock
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by HiTechRX
Looks like we actually have the same taste. When we special ordered the RX330, we wanted the light gray interior w/black dash, but wanted the black mats as well. Our dealer said if he couldn't get the black mats delivered with the vehicle from the factory, he'd get us a set. It was nice that he just gave them to us, so now we have a gray set as a backup...

Overall, I think you'll like the black-dash, gray interior/gray leather, and black mats. Nice combination IMHO.

- HiTechRX

I am about to place an order for the new RX330 Sliver with Light Grey interior. Thank you guys to post this thread so it remind me and try to get a black mat set from the dealer as well.

In the mean time, can you tell the different of having Performance package or without in terms of driving experience? Is the Air Suspension worth that extra $2k?

Thanks!!
Rock
Old 07-24-03, 07:51 PM
eyebike
Driver

Default Rock, air suspension

the low suspension mode allows you to take the curves faster on winding country roads or even off/on ramps. The suspension stiffens up a bit plus the lower center of gravity helps. The high suspension is for off road use, to give more ground clearance. I used it the other day when I noticed the street ahead was flooded with well over a foot of water in the road. Put my suspension in high and went through it, literally high and dry. Cars that plowed through took on water in the passenger compartment.

I do think that that the regular suspension will be okay for most drivers unless you like to drive more aggressively and fast. I pretty much leave my suspension in normal now. Everytime you turn the RX on, it defaults to normal, so it became a pain to keep putting it low mode for driving around town and to work.
Old 07-24-03, 08:36 PM
dreday68
Rookie

How did talking about the suspension leak into this subject
Old 07-24-03, 09:44 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Originally posted by jeffknet
I want mud flaps for the RX330!!!

and an official Lexus RX330 chrome license plate frame (not aftermarket)

and maybe the nudge bar.....
Chrome license plates would be nice. I doubt any of the dealers here would have them. Anyone know where else to get them from?
Old 07-25-03, 06:47 AM
jeffknet
Pole Position

there are plenty of cheap looking aftermarket frames on eBay - just do a search for "rx330"