RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Ordered a new RX at a good discount..I think

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-03, 01:08 PM
toddm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Ordered a new RX at a good discount..I think

I just ordered a normal RX330, AWD, Premium, cargo mat, wheel locks, heated seats, and tow hitch. I got 2500 off the sticker and the dealer is giving me the heavy duty rubber floor mats for 50 bucks for the set of 4. Does that sound like a good deal? This was phone haggling, so I couldn't do my best "acting" that I usually do when dealing with car dealers

Actually there wasn't too much haggling going on, the guy I dealt with was a straight shooter and a good guy.

Wondering if anyone in Boston think this is an ok deal?
Old 07-15-03, 01:55 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Ordered a new RX at a good discount..I think

Originally posted by toddm
I just ordered a normal RX330, AWD, Premium, cargo mat, wheel locks, heated seats, and tow hitch. I got 2500 off the sticker and the dealer is giving me the heavy duty rubber floor mats for 50 bucks for the set of 4. Does that sound like a good deal? This was phone haggling, so I couldn't do my best "acting" that I usually do when dealing with car dealers

Actually there wasn't too much haggling going on, the guy I dealt with was a straight shooter and a good guy.

Wondering if anyone in Boston think this is an ok deal?
Todd - Congrats on your purchase. I think that is a great deal, considering the hot demand for these brand spanking new vehicles.

When I was recently at my dealership, there were at least 10 RX330s on the lot, all of them without NAV / ML Audio or any other special options like Multi-Panel Moon Roof or Performance Package (these would all be special orders I guess). Obviously you can get better discounts from buying a car off the lot, however very little when you had to order it.

I'm currently shopping for one here in NJ, and so far can only get $1,000 off MSRP for the NAV / ML AUDIO version. Which I think is good for now.

Congrats again!
Old 07-15-03, 05:42 PM
Skip
Driver

The tow package does NOT include a tow hitch. As of today, Lexus has no idea when one will be available. Took mine to two custom hitch shops and they both looked at it and said the same thing, "see what Lexus has for it". With the 18 inch wheels the spare is in the way. I am more than a little upset, since I was told by Lexus dealers that the hitch would be out in a couple of weeks and that was about 6 to 8 weeks ago. I am now wishing that I would have bought a GX so I could tow my boat and SeaDoos this summer. Hell ,even a FX 45 is starting to look good. Skip
Old 07-15-03, 07:34 PM
cotmc
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Skip
The tow package does NOT include a tow hitch.
I agree. The local Lexus dealer is telling me they don't expect Lexus to have the RX330 tow hitch until the end of the year.

He gave me the name of a local custom hitch/bumper shop in Phoenix that recently installed a tow hitch on a 330. I was told the customer was very pleased with their work, and the total cost was about $500.
Old 07-15-03, 09:22 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Tow Hitch for Bikers too!

I'm not lugging around any boats or anything heavy like that, but a Tow Hitch would come in handy for those that like to lug around bikes, when you can use those Tow Hitch Carriers and mount the bikes from behind, as opposed to way up on top of the roof.
Old 07-15-03, 10:23 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Originally posted by Skip
I am more than a little upset, since I was told by Lexus dealers that the hitch would be out in a couple of weeks and that was about 6 to 8 weeks ago. I am now wishing that I would have bought a GX so I could tow my boat and SeaDoos this summer. Hell ,even a FX 45 is starting to look good. Skip
We used our FX45 as our tow vehicle on our recent family vacation, and it did great. Plenty of power, that's for sure.

On my wife's RX330, which we pick up Thursday night, it will have the Tow Prep Pkg, but it looks like we'll have to wait a while to get the actual hitch installed. Does anyone have an estimate as to what this will cost once it is made available as dealer-installed option?
Old 07-16-03, 06:17 AM
toddm
Driver School Candidate

Default So what did I buy?

Since I ordered the car with the "tow package" I assumed it came with everything but the tongue. What did I get? I am not overly concerned right now since we have a couple other vehicles we can tow with, but sooner or later, I would like tow with this car.

The dealer did say that my car isn't coming until Sept. because of the special tow package I ordered. Maybe this means that in Sept. the cars will start to come ready to tow?

Hmm, I was offered 2K off on the car with Navigation, which is what I was originally going to get, but since my mom will be driving this car, I figured it would just confuse her. That and the navigation got a bad review in the last Car and Driver I read. She drives in small familiar circles anyway :P

Anyhow, I will call my dealer tommorow and ask him whats going on with the tow package. I am going to get annoyed if the car isn't ready to tow when it arrives. I'll post when I find out the scoop!

Thanks,

ToddM
Old 07-16-03, 07:02 AM
Skip
Driver

Default toddm

My car has the tow package and the performance package. The tow package is HD cooling etc. There is no hitch available for rx 330s and probably won't be till at least the first of the year. I can tow with my Lightning pickup but then I can only take one other person. I am very put off Lexus right now. This is the 3rd new Lexus that I have bought and just might be my last. If everything isn't ready when the car comes out, delay the introduction till it is ready ! The more I look under the car I think it will be impossible to put on a hitch that looks decent ! With 18" wheels the spare tire almost hits the bumper.I do not want it looking like an erector set back there. If I would have known what I know now, I would have looked elsewhere. Skip