RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX 330 Pet Peeves?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-03, 12:33 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX 330 Pet Peeves?

OK - Besides the Nav - and not being able to get a certain Package - what's your one biggest pet peeve about your RX 330?

mine is.......

wind noise / vibration from rear passenger side roof area (roof rail/antenna) at 60mph or above - and I can't get rid of it I have to crank up the stereo and voila' - problem solved... well not really
Old 06-17-03, 02:12 PM
RX300-BV
Lead Lap

Well I don't have a 330, but my pet peeve is the rear tail lights. I still don't like the higher placement of the lights.

As for the RX300, my pet peeve is its poor turning radius.
Old 06-17-03, 03:24 PM
firebird
Driver School Candidate

Just ordered RX330. The only issue I have is that I can not order the Light Grey with Walnut. Only option is Ivory with Maple.
Old 06-17-03, 11:12 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So far my pet peeves are that you can't view the clock without the key on, and my rear hatch spoiler makes contact with the body when the temp is hot as the plastic spoiler expands. I do have a fix for this though and I'm just waiting to see of Lexus will offer an official fix before I fix it myself. Other than that, I have no odd viabration or noise problems thus far. I have about 2300 miles so far. Oh, one more thing, I hate the tires. All my other cars before had high performance summer tires and these all season truck tires have no grip. When it is wet I can barely keep from spinning and squeeling the tires going up the parking ramp at my work.
Old 06-19-03, 11:35 PM
flint330
Rookie

I really enjoy my 330, however I do have one minor pet peeve. What really bothers me is having to always have to press the "I agree" button on the navigation everytime I turn the car. I used to have an Acura with a navigation system and I never had to do that. All the great things though outweigh this small peeve.
Old 06-20-03, 12:12 AM
jeffknet
Pole Position

OK ....... SO...besides the Nav - and not being able to get a certain Package....

just kidding - keep em coming - I found these types of threads very insightful when considering my new vehicle
Old 06-20-03, 11:50 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

CK6Speed: Did you have trouble opening the rear door when the spoiler expands? I hope not, cause I ordered my MSM/black 330 Prem. Plus 2 weeks ago!

I just got back from LA yesterday. Went to the Westminster dealership, saw the beautiful 18's in alloy & graphite polished. Oh well, I guess I'll just order aftermarket 18's and look different from everyone else!?!
Old 06-21-03, 12:14 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by msilverIS
CK6Speed: Did you have trouble opening the rear door when the spoiler expands? I hope not, cause I ordered my MSM/black 330 Prem. Plus 2 weeks ago!

I just got back from LA yesterday. Went to the Westminster dealership, saw the beautiful 18's in alloy & graphite polished. Oh well, I guess I'll just order aftermarket 18's and look different from everyone else!?!
No, not at all. What happends is the plastic expands very slightly and since the spoiler edge is alrady very close to the body when it opens, it just makes contact in the center area. It litterally is scraping the body, however, it is so light that it is only leaving light clear coat scuff marks on the black painted spoiler. Its like the scratches you leave if you rub your bare hand on the paint on a slightly dirty car. It doesn't seem to slow the opening or closing of the hatch, but it does make a groaning noise when the hatch reaches the upper 1/3 opend position. I have to say it is quite amuzing as it will never happen during the night and only started around mid May when the weather started to get warmer. It also never happends in the shade, only when the car is out in the sun. I live in Hawaii so the weather has been around 85 degrees or so. I'll try and take a picture of it later so you guys can actually see what the heck I'm talking about.
Old 06-21-03, 08:47 PM
LexusRX330
Driver School Candidate

I have only driven my new RX twice so I have not really detected any flaws yet but I wished the backup camera was mounted in the center of the car instead of off to the driver's side. I test drove a FX35 before buying the RX and really liked the FX's centered camera and the colored lines which helped aligned the car with the parking lot lines.

LexusRX330
Old 06-21-03, 09:16 PM
time4lexus
Pole Position

The tonneau cover thing for the trunk rattles.
Old 06-22-03, 07:25 AM
jeffknet
Pole Position

agree completely on the camera - Infiniti's Nav and Rearview Cam are the only thing the FX35/45 does better than the RX330

and in reference to my "mystery rattle" I too thought it was the tonneau - mine vibrates a bit too
Old 06-22-03, 11:27 AM
cmstahl
Rookie

My peeve...

The A/C / heating vents in the center of the dash can't be closed or turned down like the ones near the doors. The most you can do is move the louvers of the vents to a position that points away from you. Since even the minimum fan speed seems very strong, it would be great if you could adjust the strength of the air coming out of the vents, like you can on the far ones.
Old 06-22-03, 02:43 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

cmstahl - one way I've found to help reduce fan strength (on the lowest setting) is to open the rear vents aimed at the rear seats
Old 06-22-03, 05:57 PM
cmstahl
Rookie

Thanks for that tip! Except for on the hottest or coldest days, I really don't like the air blowing right at me. I'll give it a try.
Old 06-22-03, 09:18 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Originally posted by jeffknet
[B]agree completely on the camera - Infiniti's Nav and Rearview Cam are the only thing the FX35/45 does better than the RX330
Jeff, I think you forgot to mention things like acceleration, braking and handling! What you give up are interior room, luxury appointments and ride quality.

Quick Reply: RX 330 Pet Peeves?