RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Differences between Lexus RX330 and Toyota Harrier

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-03, 09:58 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TRD328
SO when i ship my RX330 back to HK, i'd be an individual!
Until then, what will you be, a group?

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
Old 12-14-03, 02:15 AM
StyleZ
Rookie

I know this is pretty much off topic but I noticed on the JDM headlights of a harrier the side markers are whited out while an RX330 made here is orange. I tried looking around to find that side clear strip but had no luck. Would I have to order headlights from japan to get that look or can i get that done here?
Old 12-16-03, 07:43 AM
TRD328
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JRB
Until then, what will you be, a group?

(sorry, couldn't resist!)
until then im a small minority.. not much RX330 in Melbourne
Old 12-18-03, 12:06 AM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Differences between Lexus RX330 and Toyota Harrier

Originally posted by owm
Good day all,

I would like to ask you folks whether there is any difference in terms of build quality, accessories, fittings etc. between a Lexus RX330 or its JDM equivalent Harrier. Reason I am asking is that I am thinking of changing my current ride (a 2000 GS300) but there is quite a significant price difference between the 2 models.

I have tried to do a search on the forums but my efforts came up empty.

Deeply appreciate any help, thanks!

The Toyota Harrier can be had with the 2.4L 4-cyl engine, and without the luxury items such as leather seats. Therefore the starting price is cheaper. The V6 is still 3.0L in Japan, same as European RX330. I could be wrong, but it seems that only the U.S. RX330 is getting the 3.3L V6.

The U.S. RX330 is built in a brand new assembly plant in Ontario, Canada (except those few early releases which came from Japan.) Build quality remains to be seen. Accessories are fairly identical. Notable differences are that the TV function isn't available in the U.S. and the navigation system is still a generation behind the Japanese version.
Old 01-03-04, 06:12 PM
Fastenator
Driver School Candidate

Default rear fog lamps

I checked out the RX330 on japanvehicles.com site, pretty cool. I noticed that rear foglamps are available so I crawled under my RX330 and saw that both rear bumper reflector/side markers can accept a bulb if the holes are punched out. Didn't see any additional wiring though.

For those able to purchase RX330's in foreign countries, can you tell me what type of bulb goes into the rear fog lamps?

I guess i could attempt to order rear fog lamps from a foreign dealer. Anyone do this or hear about this?
Old 01-03-04, 06:26 PM
pchong
Driver School Candidate

Hi owm...

I too live in Singapore, and currently own a 00 GS300. I was at Borneo Motors yesterday, and took the new RX300 for a test drive...I think it is quite impressive. Impressive indeed. I also took a Tourareg for a spin...much more agricultural, if you ask me. The RX is miles better to drive. But it doesn't have the snap, speed, and handling of the GS...of course!

My dilemma is that I really don't have a need for a SUV...but as you know, the Singapore current market conditions are such that I will get a cashback if I trade my GS in for a new car (for non SGP based readers, this is due to a change in taxation conditions, making an abberation in the cost of changing an older car for a new one)...I am sorely tempted.

Will go take a look at the Volvo XC and BMW X5 today.
Old 01-04-04, 06:15 PM
HarrierAWD
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by pchong
Hi owm...

I too live in Singapore, and currently own a 00 GS300. I was at Borneo Motors yesterday, and took the new RX300 for a test drive...I think it is quite impressive. Impressive indeed. I also took a Tourareg for a spin...much more agricultural, if you ask me. The RX is miles better to drive. But it doesn't have the snap, speed, and handling of the GS...of course!

Just curious... Does the new RX in Singapore have the extra "guard mirror" on the left front corner?
Old 01-04-04, 07:54 PM
pchong
Driver School Candidate

Default no

the car is available in 3 versions:

Standard
Luxury
Super Luxury

Luxury has the following (off the top of my head) over standard:

1. powered tailgate
2. side mirrors tilt down to see kerb on reverse
3. wood on steering wheel
4. memory seat for driver
5. motorised rake and tilt for steerign wheel
6. single panel moonrof
7. powered tail gate

Super Luxury has the following on top of Luxury
1. twin panel moon roof
2. Mark Levinson hifi

None of the cars are equipped with air suspension, and Nav is not available. None of the cars have the little kerb mirrors mounted 1/4 way from front of bonnet at either sides...the Harriers imported by other dealers do have these.
Old 01-05-04, 07:47 AM
Fastenator
Driver School Candidate

pchong,
can you tell me if the singapore RX is available with rear fog lamps built into the bumper? they are not available here in the US, it's only a reflector. If they are available in singapore, would it be difficult for you to tell me what type of bulb they use? the US reflectors have a pocket for a bulb that i could modify to accept the bulb but need to know the bulb number. thanks for your help.
Old 01-05-04, 05:11 PM
pchong
Driver School Candidate

um...no. We don't have the rear lamps which are built into the bumper.
Old 01-08-04, 03:38 AM
pchong
Driver School Candidate

I was wrong. The authorized RX does come with fog lamps embedded in the rear bumper. I don't know what is the wattage of the lamps.