RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Anyone able to get Perf. w/ Lev

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-03, 09:36 AM
JRB
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fully loaded

Are you guys sure that it is possible to order the Performance Pkg with Lev? I was told that it is not possible, for technical reasons, i.e. they cannot be built this way. As I recall the dealer said it was for space reasons. If it really is possible, then either this guy was misinformed or it's a timing issue, as otherwise he was very willing to have the car built to my exact specifications. He also said, again correctly I think, that you cannot get the wood steering wheel and shift **** with the Performance Pkg.

Maybe the real reason why Lexus doesn't build the car fully loaded is because they don't want to. If you start to load up the car with all available options, it can become more expensive than a GX which they might not want.
Old 04-27-03, 10:29 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

The reason the wood steering wheel isn't with the performance package is for the quick steering. It's better without the wood in the way. But I feel the ML should be a part of the performance package more than any of the other packages.
Old 04-27-03, 10:50 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aristo8GS - i know the east coast is offered perf w/ Nav (and backup cam), but that does not include ML. what region are you able to build the perf + Levinson audio? just because you have Nav does not necessarily mean ML is included.

gzkrutoy, so you have the Nav/Lev package (VN) + performance pkg (VP) ?? ??
Old 04-27-03, 10:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

If you have to pick between ML and the Sports Package, go for the ML. It's one of Lexus's well known features, and Lexus is for luxury more than sportiness. The ML in my SC430 is awesome and you don't want to miss it.
If you really want a sporty SUV/crossover that drives like a sports sedan, the Infiniti FX35 is the better choice. The RX330 with Sports Package doesn't come close.
Old 04-27-03, 10:56 AM
gzkrutoy
Driver School Candidate

Default yes, I do

navi+perform+back up cam+ML
Old 04-27-03, 11:10 AM
JRB
Pole Position

Originally posted by SexySC
If you have to pick between ML and the Sports Package, go for the ML. It's one of Lexus's well known features, and Lexus is for luxury more than sportiness. The ML in my SC430 is awesome and you don't want to miss it.
If you really want a sporty SUV/crossover that drives like a sports sedan, the Infiniti FX35 is the better choice. The RX330 with Sports Package doesn't come close.
Of course which options you get depends upon what's most important to you. I have an FX45 which has awesome performance and the RX330 however equipped will not compete with it, performance wise. However this does not mean that it doesn't make sense to maximize the RX330's performance, the way Lexus allows you to, by adding the Performance Pkg. which to some will be more important than a top-of-the line sound system. In our case we found the regular 8 speaker audio to be acceptable, and forced to choose in our area, we opted for the Performance Pkg. We have had Tiptronic transmissions in our Audi's, as well as the adjustible suspension is our allroad (which is great for towing in our case), and find these to be well worth the extra money with the RX330 that we have on order. Whether you have the ML or the VP, it's still a Lexus and it doesn't lose the luxurious quality that Lexus is famous for.
Old 04-27-03, 11:11 AM
Aristo8GS
Driver School Candidate

lexuslover- I know I saw it by typing in some random zipcode, but I think you are right the Nav w/ Perfm is not ML. I know it is possible to have all the options ML+Perfom+Nav, my Harrier brochure has it and I saw the car with it at Odaiba, Tokyo in Dec. So it is possible to have it.
Old 04-27-03, 11:47 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

The one beef I have with Lexus is the inflexibility of packaging options(at least in N.America), even on very simple requests.
For Lexus, possible not = available.
Like I 've heard more than a few people that don't like the Grey wood trim that comes with Ecru leather for the ultra-lux LS430. While it's certainly very possible and easy to put on a different wood trim if you're willing to wait a while for a special order, every Lexus dealer I've talked to said Lexus won't do it for you.

Last edited by Gojirra99; 04-27-03 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-27-03, 10:20 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aristo8GS - ok, so it's undisputed that the Japanese Toyota Harrier has perf pkg w/ ML, but that's in Japan. are you saying that you were able to build on lexus.com in a U.S. region with that same option package?

JRB - i've gotten the same information as you have. dealer stated that the ML audio components behind the shifter area were going to conflict with the sequential transmission parts, so you couldn't get both; just not enough space for both. i also agree that Lexus was probably holding off on building a VP (perf) + VN (Nav/Lev) combo since that would put the price point at close to $50k, making it too competitive with the price points of the new GX.

gzkrutoy - can we see some interior pics? please? i am going to have a bone to pick w/ my dealer and need some proof. i was willing to wait however long it would take (5-6 months+) to get VN + VP, but after much research on this forum and discussions w/ dealers and Lexus customer service, they said that they just wouldn't be building them that way. so i just got the VN/EY package on the west coast, which is the "fully loaded" package of the U.S. west region.

hey, at least this mystery is close to being solved . . .
Old 04-28-03, 02:18 PM
nx2000
Driver School Candidate

This is really an issue that is near and dear to my heart as I really want the perfomance package and the mark levinsion sound system. I found out from my dealer back in the last week of March, before the cars even arrived that the VP + VN combination was not a possiblity. Same deal, I was told there was a build conflict. The dealer actually did some research on this so I felt pretty good about the information. Still, I did not want to put my trust in one individual. So, for the last month I have been gathering all the information I can to verify if this is true or not. Every indication I have is that you cannot get a VP + VN car from Lexus, even if you special order the car. But, I really would like to be proved wrong as this means I can get the car I want.

On needs to keep in mind that there are two different packages, VN and NV. VN is the Mark Levinsion sound system and the Navigation package. The NV is just the Nav without the Levinson. I have seen that the VP and NV packages are offered togeather, but not on the west coast. From what I can tell, when you build your car on the Lexus websight the only packages that have the Levinson are the ones that have it in the title, for example "Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package with Additional Options". There are other packages that have the Navigation system listed in the set of options, but these do not have the Levinsion. I went through the Lexus websight, and tried to build out cars from around 10 states accross the US. The packages offered seem to go by regions, and I could not find a single state that had both the performance, and levinson options. gzkrutoy looks like he is in Massachusetts, but I cannot build a car with those options if I give a Massachusetts Zip Code. My question is was this a special order and Lexus actually built the car, or is this just confusion over a very confusing and convoluded process. I have even seen dealers confused on this so I would not be suprised. Still, I am with lexuslover, if you actually do have one of these cars, can you please post some pictures so I can yell at my dealer and get them to give me the car I want!!
Old 04-28-03, 03:17 PM
Aristo8GS
Driver School Candidate

You know what guys,

The adaptive front lighting system is only available for the Perfom. Package!!! Dangit!!! Also none of the west coast cars are built with the laser cruise control!!!

Oh yea regarding the ML/NAV + Perfom. my dealer said you can special order it but can take up to six months. From my opinion I wouldn;t think there would be any sort of conflicts with the systems considering the Japanese cars has it. Plus, they have two more additional cameras on their cars and their Nav is web capable and also doubles as a TV. With all the options the Japanese but into their car and having no conflicts I am sure the ML/NAV + Perform. is not a problem. I believe it is just a sales ploy by Lexus by not making that combination available. When the LS430 first came out, it was the same situation only certain packages were availble. After like 6 months then they came out with new packages. So I am sure they will have it as soon.
Old 05-04-03, 06:29 PM
eyebike
Driver

Default gzkrutoy doesnt have ML

from a Post in MSRP??!! titled "I got my rx 3 weeks ago this Staurday" he says he paid $45,500 for his RX330. That is the same price I paid for my NAV with VP and heated seats, wheel locks, and cargo mat. ML would have been even more. VN price includes Premium Plus Pkg., Navigation System & Mark Levinson Radio System.. Performance Pkg. (VP) Includes Premium Pkg., (5) P235/55HR18 Tires, Graphite Plated Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Air Suspension, Multi-Mode Sequential Automatic Trans., Power Rear Door, Rain-Sensing W/S Wipers & High Intensity Discharge. Both packages as they are set up include premium pkge in some form, so they are mutually exclusive. Whereas NV (Navigation system) can be selected by itself and thus included with VP.

Last edited by eyebike; 05-04-03 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-04-03, 06:42 PM
gzkrutoy
Driver School Candidate

Default that was me

I paid $45,500 for mine with Nav + Performance Package
Old 05-04-03, 07:29 PM
eyebike
Driver

What color did you get? I got Flint Mica with light grey interior. Love the car. Wished that it would just go into L mode (air suspension) automatically each time. Smooth ride, nice handling too.
Old 05-04-03, 07:31 PM
gzkrutoy
Driver School Candidate

Default onyx black on black leather

Just turned 1000 miles 1hr ago.

I love it also, has all the toys I always wanted

Quick Reply: Anyone able to get Perf. w/ Lev