RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Breakwaters Blue 330 Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-03, 08:47 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, the FX is more of a niche vehicle, and for sure it's not for everybody. Once it arrives the RX 330 will be our "family vehicle" while the Infiniti will be more of a fun/commuting car. Much like a lot of people buy a sports car or convertible, I went with something with a *little* more practical, in case I need to give others a lift and my wife is somewhere else with the RX. Since it's just us and our 12 year-old daughter, we didn't need/want either vehicle to have a third row (as you may need in a few years). <g>

One question, what are you using to clean/wax your Breakwater Blue with, and how does it show/hide the dirt? I've always thought silver was best at not showing dirt, but I would think the light blue does a pretty decent job as well.
Old 04-24-03, 10:52 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by JRB
One question, what are you using to clean/wax your Breakwater Blue with, and how does it show/hide the dirt? I've always thought silver was best at not showing dirt, but I would think the light blue does a pretty decent job as well.
It does a good job of hiding dirt, but I haven't let it get too dirty yet. It does as good a job hiding dirt as our silver cars.

I've only washed it once so far and won't wax it for a little while (I like to let the paint set). I currently use Mothers products, but I'm not tied to the brand. It's just what I've used for a while.

Since it's just us and our 12 year-old daughter, we didn't need/want either vehicle to have a third row (as you may need in a few years). <g>
We're stopping at 2 kids! I'm going to make sure of that soon.

John
Old 04-25-03, 12:15 PM
lb535
Driver School Candidate

We're stopping at 2 kids! I'm going to make sure of that soon.
I made sure of that two years ago, and I stopped at 0 kids ... Why didn't I do this the day I turned 18?

I'd love to see pictures of a Breakwater Blue/Gray interior RX 330 if you or anyone here can post them. thx.

Lee
Old 04-26-03, 07:15 AM
lestat6009
Driver School Candidate

I'm new to the forums but I just ordered my first Lexus in Breakwater Blue with Black interior but wanted grey int.. I'm in the Eastern region and am told that its only being made with Black in this region. Looks dark inside for me, but my wife had here heart set on Breakwater blue so compromises.... compromises.

What regions have blue/grey? Maybe my dealer can trade
Old 04-26-03, 08:34 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Originally posted by lestat6009
I'm new to the forums but I just ordered my first Lexus in Breakwater Blue with Black interior but wanted grey int.. I'm in the Eastern region and am told that its only being made with Black in this region. Looks dark inside for me, but my wife had here heart set on Breakwater blue so compromises.... compromises.

What regions have blue/grey? Maybe my dealer can trade
I'm surprised that they didn't let you order one with the Light Grey interior. The RX330 that they had on display at our local (Minneapolis) Auto Show was a Breakwater Blue with Light Gray (although at that time it was a prototype, but one would think that they would make it widely available if they chose to have this combination for their display model). I can tell you that they definitely are available here in the Midwest, which goes east to Ohio. That's what we have on order, and I was told this week that it will be a June build. Suggest you ask another dealer in your area, just to be sure.

Last edited by JRB; 04-26-03 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-27-03, 08:41 AM
lestat6009
Driver School Candidate

When I spoke with the dealer, they said that the current production runs only have Breakwater Blue with Black. Apparently the dealers within the region get together and agree on what standard options and color combo's they will sell (and only change if there are enough requests for a change). In the eastern region, I could special order or wait and hope that it would become available in grey but it would be 3-4 months. If I want breakwater blue before july/august, have to get black interior. Unfortunately, I'm not that patient
Old 04-27-03, 09:09 AM
JRB
Pole Position

Default Patience

Our order for the Breakwater Blue/Light Grey interior went in on April 19th, and the dealer says that it will be a June build, so I suppose delivery will be sometime in July. The dealer promised that he would keep us updated as things progress. Obviously they will be building at least one vehicle with this color combination during June - and I would suspect there will be many more - but I'm not sure if there would still be time to reserve one in your name. If you do not have the patience, I think the black interior would go well too - we nearly got a silver/black one from the lot which I thought was very sporty looking.