RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New RX330 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-03, 05:49 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by anonymous
When the RX 330 is in reverse, which side mirror tilts down? Or do they both tilt down?
msilverIS is correct. Both mirrors tilt down. This can be changed at the dealer (C-BEST).

John
Old 04-04-03, 06:20 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Is it good to have both mirrors tilt down? I know the right side mirror is helpful. If both tilt, you will constantly have to look back.
Old 04-04-03, 06:23 AM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

I've never gotten used to my car that does that...only the right side tilts down when reversing and I find it distracting so I leave it off most of the time. I think it tilts down too far...but to be fair - I have not tried the mirrors in the RX - they might be better.
Old 04-04-03, 06:39 AM
CDN_Lexus
Pole Position

The mirror dipping in reverse feature can be de-activated by positioning the left / right directional mirror button (top button) to centre position.

Last edited by CDN_Lexus; 04-04-03 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-04-03, 07:16 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Can you choose to just tilt one of the mirrors?
Old 04-04-03, 09:57 AM
CDN_Lexus
Pole Position

Not that I am aware of. By the way I got in a Neptune Blue Sport. It looks great, I think you will be pleased.
Old 04-04-03, 12:04 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Is it good to have both mirrors tilt down? I know the right side mirror is helpful. If both tilt, you will constantly have to look back.
Don't you look back when you reverse anyway? You are NOT supposed to be looking at your mirrors when backing up. This is how kids get runned over.

Looking at the mirrors limits your rearview vision. Turning your head back while backing up allows you to see out the rear window as well as he side widows.
Old 04-04-03, 01:12 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Originally posted by CDN_Lexus
Not that I am aware of. By the way I got in a Neptune Blue Sport. It looks great, I think you will be pleased.
Mine arrived at the dealership on Tuesday . I'm probably going to go check it out tomorrow if the weather conditions don't get worse. The weather was so great until these past two weeks
Hopefully I can get it within a week. I would like all the snow and ice to melt first.
Old 04-04-03, 06:56 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Could one of you lucky folk who've already taken delivery give me a measurement of the cargo area with the rear seat all the way back (upright seating position).

I'm just talkin' tape measure linear measurements here - nothing fancy...I forgot to see if the double stroller is going to fit in the back w/o too much hassle when I was at the Dealership...

Thanks again.
Old 04-04-03, 09:09 PM
Wazowski
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by Cadd
Don't you look back when you reverse anyway? You are NOT supposed to be looking at your mirrors when backing up. This is how kids get runned over.

Looking at the mirrors limits your rearview vision. Turning your head back while backing up allows you to see out the rear window as well as he side widows.
The mirrors tilting down help you see your rear tires, which is very helpful when parallel parking! I think it's a great feature!
Old 04-05-03, 03:42 AM
laterldf
Driver School Candidate

Default cargo measurements

cfisher:

It's about 39" (deep) X 55" (widest). With the rear seats moved forward, add another 3" to make it 42 X 39. But the distance between the wheel well intrusions is about 38". The moveable rear seats are a great feature, plus they tilt backward (and of course forward). It's quite convenient and easy to make the changes. later, ldf
Old 04-05-03, 12:03 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by cfisher
Could one of you lucky folk who've already taken delivery give me a measurement of the cargo area with the rear seat all the way back (upright seating position).

I'm just talkin' tape measure linear measurements here - nothing fancy...I forgot to see if the double stroller is going to fit in the back w/o too much hassle when I was at the Dealership...
It's scary how alike our situations are. Our double stroller fitting in the back was a must for my purchase. I have no problem fitting it back there. We have a Graco Duo Glider which is one of the more compact light strollers, but you'd have to have a monster stroller for it to not fit. I did remove the cargo cover to make a little more room (the cover has it's own storage under the deck), but it wasn't necessary for me to do that.

Unfortunately, it's raining today, so I can't take any good pictures, but when it's nice out again (hopefully tomorrow) I'll snap some shots with the stroller in the back.

John
Old 04-05-03, 01:50 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Picking up my Neptune Blue Mica- black interior, sport package on wednesday!
Old 04-05-03, 06:38 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Picking up my Neptune Blue Mica- black interior, sport package on wednesday!
Congrats. Tell us about it when you get a chance...

John
Old 04-06-03, 06:44 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by cfisher
Here's a couple of pictures for ya. Double stroller in the back.

I was planning on washing the 330 today and taking some picture to post, but we're supposed to be getting some snow tomorrow, so there was no use. It's to dirty to snap pictures right now.

John
Attached Thumbnails New RX330 Owner-330_stroller_1_800x600.jpg  

Quick Reply: New RX330 Owner