RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

I'm Real Heated!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-03, 05:13 PM
dreday68
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I'm Real Heated!!!

At preview night for the RX330 I fell in love again. I initially fell in love with the SUV with all the features listed in the teaser book. That night after seeing the new blue RX I made a deal with my sales associate that I would have all the options minus the RSES ( REAR SEAT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM). The only problem was he said you couldn't get the Neptune Blue Mica w/ the black interior. Last week, to my surprise I received a call that I would not be able to get the Mark Levinson w/ my package. This upset me and made me feel a bit sceptical about the current info the Lexus dealers have. Over the past few days I came across http://www.Lexus.ca ,the Canadian Lexus site while browsing through the forums. I was shocked to find that Canada already had all the information on the RX330 and that the US sight had none. Anyway, as I was looking through the site I found that I would not be able to get all the options I had previously wanted, specifclly the ULTRA PREMIUM+SPORT packages, do not come together. Furthermore, the site says that it is possible to order Blue w/ a Black interior and this has me further confused. I'm going down to see my rep this friday and I want him to give me some STR8 answers or I gonna head on down the road and pick up and X5. As much as I would like the Lexus, BMW would be able to give me my car now and with all the options I want. I already have to wait till june at least for a car that doesnt have wut I want in it. That doesnt seem to make any sense. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated guys and gals and good luck with your RX endeavours. Also, a very happy St. Patties Day to everyone.
Old 03-17-03, 06:12 PM
Jennifer
Driver School Candidate

Gee...if I didn't know better, I'd swear you were my husband posting under a psyeudonm ... we, too, are VERY frustrated that you can't get the sport/performance package with the Levinson OR the Nav (and Iam talking plain-old nav!). Yup ... the brochure sure reads great, until you find out you have to buy 3 vehicles to get all the options they list!!

There is some confusion on this site as to whether different regions in the US will be getting performance packages with the other goodies. My dealer called me this afternoon & informed me that his Lexus rep says that NO VEHICLES being shipped to the US will have a "loaded" performance package (i.e., no vehicles shipped to US will have both performance & nav of any sort.) The Lexus rep explained that it was a "weight issue", which even my dealer said sure didn't sound right.

I just told my husband that if we can't get enough of the goodies, then we're heading out next week to buy an x5 ...

Hoping some dealers here will post REAL info!!!
Old 03-17-03, 06:47 PM
LexBubble
Rookie

Hey you guys got more information than I did. I went to see the RX330 at Wilkie Lexus this evening and after waiting about 15 minutes to just get into the SUV, I was directed to a salesman that had no clue about the vehicle because this was his first day. I left because the small showroom was filled past capacity and everyone was going after the free food and spilling their wine all over the RX as they tripped over each other.
Old 03-17-03, 06:59 PM
dreday68
Rookie

Default Furthermore

Also what is the deal with not being able to get the Multi-Panel Moonroof whith any of the goodies. The only thing i see that wouldnt permit it would be the RSES. Besides that it beats me why they wont include it. AS well, what is this about no Laser Cruise-Control. I think they are trying to pull a fast one.
Old 03-17-03, 07:05 PM
LexBubble
Rookie

I am going back to the dealership later this week to talk with a salesperson about this too because from what I hear and read, you cannot get your hopes up to high with all of these suppossed available packages. On an 8 x 11 sheet of paper located in the front window of the demo car that I saw tonight, it stated that this is a Demo vehicle not similar to that actual production vehicle. Some feature and amenities may be different from the actual production vehicle. After reading that and dealing with 200 too many snooty people, I left. I was really looking forward to trading in my SUV for this new Lexus. I was so interested that I drug her and our 5 week old daughter out of the house to see the RX. Long lines, drunk people and loud noises turned her off.
Old 03-17-03, 07:55 PM
anonymous
Pit Crew

I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to get a black interior with the Neptune Blue. But here in Canada, we can't get grey with that color so I don't know whether that's the same for you. But how does the Neptune Blue look in person?
Old 03-17-03, 08:57 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Post Initial options confused

As I understand it, initial dealer allocations are based on most common options selected (as reported by region). As the pipeline fills, we will see a wider selection of options become available, but no one is specifying a time frame.

Options for Houston at https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=77479
Old 03-17-03, 10:34 PM
dchesanek
Rookie

Default Potential X5 owners

Before you think about giving up on the RX330 in favor of an X5 check out some of the message boards. I have never heard of so many people complaining about reliability problems on a vehicle, well maybe KIA has them beat but it is pretty bad.
Old 03-17-03, 11:23 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

I'm glad I'm not the only one... I'm pretty much set on waiting for USA Lexus to update their site, then see all the option choices.

I followed a link to kbb.com, built my 330, and it came out to $45K. Why not get a base GX? I thought. Then I got back into reality and decided to calm down and wait for an official price list.