Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A-pillar panel removal guide (my first one)

Old 02-23-15, 07:28 AM   #1
Eliaquim
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default A-pillar panel removal guide (my first one)

When installing my aftermarket tweeters, I looked and looked for information on how to it and did not find a satisfying solution. Oh, I found this:

Click the image to open in full size.

And I found a thread where someone just destryed the factory tweeter housing for fear of the airbag. I tryed that, but, as you can see in the following image, I gave up quickly. I wasn't happy doing that.

I looked and looked for info on how to remove the A-pillar panel because I felt like a better solution was in there. Everywhere, they talk about the airbag. Then I was like: "You stupid! You have your repair manual. Go look at it". So, here is the solution:

WARNING: It worked for me. I am showing how I did it at my own risk. If you decide to follow this path, please know that I can not be responsible if you damage anything or get injured.

The first thing the manual say is: DISCONNECT THE BATERY negative terminal. EVEN AFTER THAT, THE AIRBAG SYSTEM WILL HAVE POWER for 90 seconds. So do what they say and wait for more than 90 seconds before you start doing anything.

With a panel removal tool or a screwdriver, pry the panel off. There is a black plastic clip that needs very strong pulling to come out.

There's another clip in the middle, but it will just pop off along with the first.

Now pull outwards, upwards and backwards. The panel should be off.
WARNING: The manual say to COVER THE AIRBAG ASSEMBLY WITH A CLOTH AS SOON AS YOU REMOVE THE PANEL. It does not say why, but I did it.

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Eliaquim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-15, 07:28 AM