RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Check Airconditioning message RX350

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-15, 04:58 PM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I managed to find a fully working Ecu but not the upgraded one, bought it and installed it with no luck.. Still same error
Old 04-13-15, 07:19 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You best read the TSB that I posted again. The ECU is not the problem. You need the upgraded Air Conditioner Amplifier Assembly, Part #88650-0E021

Last edited by Rainbird; 04-13-15 at 07:21 PM. Reason: added info
Old 04-14-15, 05:30 AM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rainbird
You best read the TSB that I posted again. The ECU is not the problem. You need the upgraded Air Conditioner Amplifier Assembly, Part #88650-0E021
Sorry... I meant ac amp ,
Old 04-15-15, 07:11 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tizelwazze
Hey guys,

Some say it's the relay , and others say that it's nothing wrong with it,

Well i tried the relay ,,, bought same part number, but this relay was from a Prius,
(but exakt same partnr) ,

Changed back to the Old relay and the Ac Went on Auto but immediatly started flashing and Check Airconditioning message was back.

\\ KenZo ,,,From Sweden
tizelwazze,

Where is the relay located at?. I need to replace mine but can't find it.
Old 04-15-15, 08:08 AM
Rainbird

I managed to find a fully working Ecu but not the upgraded one, bought it and installed it with no luck.. Still same error
If you bought it off of eBay you may not have been sold the new upgraded AC Amplifier.
Old 04-15-15, 08:12 AM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robbyk
tizelwazze,

Where is the relay located at?. I need to replace mine but can't find it.

Old 04-15-15, 08:22 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Awesome!!!

Thanks,
Old 04-15-15, 09:59 AM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

Awesome!!!

Thanks,
No problem ,

a question though!!

Why are u changing the relay in first Place?
Old 04-15-15, 10:06 AM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

If you bought it off of eBay you may not have been sold the new upgraded AC Amplifier.
I'm aware that it's not the upgraded version, I buyed a used but fully working #88650-0E020 ,
I gave 50 bucks for it that's why i tried ,

Do i have to reset the car after swapping the amp?
Old 04-15-15, 02:27 PM
robbyk
Pit Crew

No problem ,

a question though!!

Why are u changing the relay in first Place?
Reason I am replacing the relay is because I have been fighting an intermittent A/C issue, A/C compressor power cycles every 10 seconds.
I took the vehicle to Lexus to get it check out, I was told that everything is fine, according to them all it needed was refrigerant. They added a can of refrigerant (I paid $291.00 dollars) and the vehicles still continues to power cycle every 10 seconds. I took the car back to Lexus and they said that there is nothing wrong with the Air conditioning.
On a hot day, 80 degrees plus, the A/C does not produce enough load to keep the vehicle cool. I remember this car never used to do that on a hot day. If I set the temperature at 68 it takes a very long time to produce enough cold air because the A/C compressor turns on and off every 10 seconds. I have a Mercedes and when I place the A/C in that car at 68 I get cold, in fact when I first turn on the A/C it produces 50 degrees in a few seconds on a very hot day. I doubt Lexus is the pursuit of perfection.!!

Some one suggested to replace the A/C relay, bought a brand new relay (aftermarket) at an auto parts for $10.99 plus tax. Can't go wrong.
I was able to find the relay in the car with the pictures you provided but when I tried to pull it I noticed it is very hard to remove the A/C relay.

Last edited by robbyk; 04-15-15 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-15-15, 04:36 PM
Rainbird

I'm aware that it's not the upgraded version, I buyed a used but fully working #88650-0E020 ,
I gave 50 bucks for it that's why i tried ,

Do i have to reset the car after swapping the amp?
Yes you do. You disconnected the negative battery terminal as per the TSB right? Anytime you do that requires resetting the windows, moonroof, seats, rear hatch, etc. It's possible that Toyota will sell this part as well. The Lexus RX shares many components with the Toyota Highlander. Do you have Toyota dealerships in Sweden?
Old 04-16-15, 03:15 AM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

Yes you do. You disconnected the negative battery terminal as per the TSB right? Anytime you do that requires resetting the windows, moonroof, seats, rear hatch, etc. It's possible that Toyota will sell this part as well. The Lexus RX shares many components with the Toyota Highlander. Do you have Toyota dealerships in Sweden?
Thanks for the answear,
I will try to reset the car later today,
And yes we have toyota/lexus dealers in Sweden,
Old 04-16-15, 03:17 AM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

Reason I am replacing the relay is because I have been fighting an intermittent A/C issue, A/C compressor power cycles every 10 seconds.
I took the vehicle to Lexus to get it check out, I was told that everything is fine, according to them all it needed was refrigerant. They added a can of refrigerant (I paid $291.00 dollars) and the vehicles still continues to power cycle every 10 seconds. I took the car back to Lexus and they said that there is nothing wrong with the Air conditioning.
On a hot day, 80 degrees plus, the A/C does not produce enough load to keep the vehicle cool. I remember this car never used to do that on a hot day. If I set the temperature at 68 it takes a very long time to produce enough cold air because the A/C compressor turns on and off every 10 seconds. I have a Mercedes and when I place the A/C in that car at 68 I get cold, in fact when I first turn on the A/C it produces 50 degrees in a few seconds on a very hot day. I doubt Lexus is the pursuit of perfection.!!

Some one suggested to replace the A/C relay, bought a brand new relay (aftermarket) at an auto parts for $10.99 plus tax. Can't go wrong.
I was able to find the relay in the car with the pictures you provided but when I tried to pull it I noticed it is very hard to remove the A/C relay.
Maybe the pins are corroded, and thats why it's cycling, spray som electrical cleaner , maybe it solves corrosion and it will be easier to pull it out
Old 04-16-15, 08:17 AM
robbyk
Pit Crew

Maybe the pins are corroded, and thats why it's cycling, spray som electrical cleaner , maybe it solves corrosion and it will be easier to pull it out
Thanks, I will try that sometime today. As a shot in the dark I am going to replace the A/C relay, I mean it would not hurt to try this for under $11.00 dollars.
Old 04-16-15, 11:07 AM
tizelwazze
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, I will try that sometime today. As a shot in the dark I am going to replace the A/C relay, I mean it would not hurt to try this for under $11.00 dollars.
I changed mine to because of the price ,

Anyhow, i'm reseting my car right now,,, i hope it works

Quick Reply: Check Airconditioning message RX350