RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

RX330 Base Pricing Announced

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 12:09 PM
DMAC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX330 Base Pricing Announced

From Roadandtrack.com:

Lexus says the manufacturers suggested retail prices (MSRP) for the 2004 RX330, which goes on sale March 26, will start at $35,025 for the two-wheel drive model, $100 less than the current RX.

Available in both two-wheel and four-wheel drive configurations, the redesigned RX is 6.1 inches longer overall with a wheelbase almost four inches longer than its predecessor. A larger 3.3-liter V6 engine provides increases in horsepower and torque and is backed by a new 5-speed automatic transmission.

The four-wheel drive version will carry an MSRP of $36,425, or $500 below current pricing. The delivery, processing and handling fee continues at $575 for both RX models.
Old 03-11-03, 12:17 PM
laceltris
Driver School Candidate

Default Here's the official pricing release

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_li...2003rx330price
Old 03-11-03, 05:09 PM
amontgom
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus Option Prices

I called Lexus Customer Service tonight, and was able to obtain prices for some of the options:

PT - $3,440 Premium Plus package
> Includes: Leather, power tilt wheel, moonroof
VN - $6,670 Levinson/NAV package
> Includes: NAV w/rear camera, Levinson, Leather, HIDs, Power Back Door, Wood/Leather Wheel & ****, moonroof??
DR - $220 Roof rack/rails
FT - $215 Aluminum 18" wheels, full spare
HH - $665 Heated Front Seats w/rain sensing wipers
CL - $600 Dynamic laser cruise control
NV - $2,350 Navigation w/rear camera
HL - $515 HIDs
Lexus Link - $1,215
PL - $400 Power back door
EY - approximately $1800 (did not write down the exact amount) - Rear Entertainment System

Sorry, I forgot to ask about the Performance Package or large moonroof!

My dealer's allocation sheet doesn't even show some of these codes (VN or CL). I hope I won't have to wait too long to get the car that I want.
Old 03-11-03, 09:32 PM
apwoodr
Rookie

Thanks for posting the option prices!
Does anyone remember when the first RX300's came out if the dealerships were unwilling to negotiate on the price? I know Honda continues to sell their Odyssey, Pilot, and Acura MDX at or very close to MSRP prices. I know it's usually a matter of supply demand.
Old 03-14-03, 08:58 AM
DMAC
Driver School Candidate

I thought the automatic rear door was part of a package only. Does anyone have a complete list of everything included in all packages and also the items you can order ala cart?
Old 03-14-03, 01:48 PM
amontgom
Driver School Candidate

Default Eastern Allocation

My dealer confirmed today that they are not getting any vehicles with the VN (Mark Levinson/NAV) or CL (dynamic laser cruise) options -- I will have to special order my vehicle if I want these to be included. They said that all Eastern region dealers (VA, MD, PA, NJ, NY, DE, etc.) will be sent the same six standard builds, but I'm going to check around just to make sure. The reason is that Lexus is trying to hold the price down to around $40k. Bummer -- I really want these options, so if I can confirm this, I guess I'll have to place my order and wait until around July/August to get mine.

Regarding the PL (power back door), all six allocations on my dealer's list include this option, although it appears to be a standalone option on their allocation sheet.

Andi

Last edited by amontgom; 03-14-03 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-14-03, 01:54 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Uh, no Nav?

Did you say no Nav? Really? Were they kidding? I thought it was only the recent MB E-class that offered a Nav and didn't deliver!

I hope there's more detail that comes to light on this topic - I've got to make a decision on a car soon. Heck, I'm going to need to take delivery on a car soon but I sure don't like what I'm hearing all of a sudden.
Old 03-14-03, 03:13 PM
amontgom
Driver School Candidate

Default cfisher

NO -- Not no NAV -- just not the VN (Mark Levinson/NAV) package. They figured the Mark Levinson package is a little more on the high end and should only be available via special order. The other NAV package, NV, will be available on the standard allocations. The NV package includes Nav with the rear camera. 25% of the Eastern region allocations will include this Nav package, while the remaining 75% will be non-NAV builds.

Hope this clears it up.

Andi

Last edited by amontgom; 03-14-03 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-14-03, 04:53 PM
jen9
Driver School Candidate

Whew...not familiar enough with the abbreviations I guess and what is packaged with what. I just assumed the ML was always with the Nav.

Thanks for the clarification...My dealer won't know until Monday what their allocation is.
Old 03-15-03, 07:22 AM
amontgom
Driver School Candidate

Default Pricing is Now Available

Check out Kelley Blue Book for official pricing on the RX330 -- www.kbb.com . The site also gives detailed descriptions on all packages available.

Andi
Old 03-15-03, 07:33 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

Angry

It sucks how we don't have any flexibility at all in options.
Old 03-15-03, 07:46 AM
330wannabe
Rookie

Okay whats the deal with the KBB site...when I pick the Nav/ML option that includes the premium plus package all for 5K it automatically picks the premium and premium plus packages....so does this mean you have to pay for the same options (like leather)three times??

Last edited by 330wannabe; 03-15-03 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-15-03, 09:31 AM
amontgom
Driver School Candidate

Default Levinson/NAV Option

330wannabe - No, this is not the case. KBB automatically selects these additional packages because they are included in the Lev/NAV package. You are not paying these prices on top of the VN package price. This basically means that the Levinson addition is about $980 more. Here's the math:

Premium Plus package (includes everything in the Premium Package): $3,440
Navigation system: $2,350
TOTAL: $5,790

Lev/NAV package: $6,770
Includes Levinson system for $980 more

Not bad, when you consider what you are getting.

Andi
Old 03-15-03, 12:29 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Just don't forget that you can configure all day long - but from my understanding - that doesn't mean you'll be able to find that configuration anywhere in the country. You may have to special order - which might be just fine and dandy if you have the time to wait...
Old 03-17-03, 02:11 PM
DMAC
Driver School Candidate

Amontgom - Thanks for the kbb link; very helpful.

I have another question. I am pricing a FWD loaded RX330 (NAV/ML, heated seats, tow package, 18" wheels) and probably need to cut back since I am over $43K. What is dynamic laser cruise and why would I want it? Please explain in laymen's terms.

Also, I have NOT selected the Performance Package but did select the 18" wheels. Is this a mistake? The Performance Package is quite pricey.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: RX330 Base Pricing Announced