RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Dealers RX330 Info Driving Me Nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-03, 05:15 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Suspicions confirmed

So my suspicions were confirmed - NO performance package with Nav/Lev config. The silver/black AWD which is coming has:

VN-FT-EY-HH-TO-C1-WL = Navigation package with Mark Levinson (includes PM, premium package and compass with rear camera), rear seat entertainment package, 18" Al wheels, heated seats, towing package, cargo mat, and wheel locks. --------Retail $46,808

One of supposedly 4 combinations offered by Lexus for now (on the West Coast), this will be what Lexus considers the most loaded config, maybe because of the highest MSRP.

The car is still at the port, waiting to be shipped on a truck. Apparently Lexus was holding all the vehicles there until the allocations were completed so that the cars could all arrive at the various dealers around the same time for the official launch. The car should be on its way later this weekend or early next week.

I'm still very excited about it, and have no doubt that I will love it compared to the '01 RX I am trading in. Disappointing, but it seems clear that this is what's to come from the factory for the forseeable future.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the VP perf package - the "graphite plating" interior in particular. I am assuming that is similar to Silversport styling. I'm thinking that maybe this is the reason there is no VN+VP combo - you can't have both wood and graphite, or luxury and sport, looks inside.

Although I would love to have the new air suspension and the adaptive lights, I think I will have to choose luxury over sport utility since I'll be commuting through traffic 5 days a week. And I'm not sure I could justify getting something with VN+VP combo (if they make that in the future), since that will shoot the MSRP to about $50k (or close to), which begs the question - why not spring for the V-8 GX for $53k which has just about everything the RX will have but more hp and torque?? and has ride height control. (but no power lift gate . . .)

(By the way, test drove the GX last weekend - absolutely loved the ride!!, but better gas mileage is too important now)

Will keep you all posted on the new RX when it arrives . . .
Old 03-21-03, 08:27 PM
nx2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, the first rx330 has been posted to ebay. It actually turns out the dealership is one of the local ones around my area. Perhaps I will have to go and check things out. Anyway, not much new information here but there are alot of pictures of a real production car a week before they arive. It appears to be the fully stocked car with preimum package and rear entertainment system. Check out e-Bay. The car is not really for sale, but they are accepting deposits on incomming cars.

Sorry, e-Bay links not allowed on CL.

Last edited by Daddy-O; 03-22-03 at 07:35 AM.
Old 03-22-03, 01:44 AM
laterldf
Driver School Candidate

Default Jessie James incarnate

Note the "terms" involved in this deal :
"The successful high bidder will submit a $1,000 non-refundable deposit within 2 business days of the close of the auction to secure the vehicle. Buyer agrees to pay remaining balance due (plus applicable fees and taxes) within 5 days of the close of the auction. All financial transactions must be completed before delivery of the vehicle"
NON REFUNDABLE ? Say what? At least Jessie used a pistol ! . . .later, ldf
Old 03-22-03, 06:32 AM
330wannabe
Rookie

Okay guys I'm a little confused here...that 330 on Ebay has the ML audio AND what looks like the adaptive headlights...I thought the adaptive headlights were part of the performance package...and the performance package is not available with the ML audio/nav package?? PLus in one of the pictures of the Nav what is that square on top of the dash - is this a center channel speaker?

Last edited by 330wannabe; 03-22-03 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-22-03, 09:31 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

It doesn't have the performance package because it doesn't have the sequential mode, but it does have the 18 wheels.
Old 03-22-03, 06:08 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Suspicions confirmed

Originally posted by lexuslover
[SNIP]
Does anyone know what the deal is with the VP perf package - the "graphite plating" interior in particular. I am assuming that is similar to Silversport styling. I'm thinking that maybe this is the reason there is no VN+VP combo - you can't have both wood and graphite, or luxury and sport, looks inside.
[BIG SNIP]
Now I'm even more confused than usual...What "graphite plating Interior"????? The only mention of graphite I've seen has been the 18" wheels which are some sort of graphite colored number rather than simply AL alloys. Do they Jazz up the inside on the Performance Pkg too?

Haven't seen anything about it but it would certainly make my decision easier...
Old 03-22-03, 08:18 PM
nx2000
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by 330wannabe
Okay guys I'm a little confused here...that 330 on Ebay has the ML audio AND what looks like the adaptive headlights...I thought the adaptive headlights were part of the performance package...and the performance package is not available with the ML audio/nav package?? PLus in one of the pictures of the Nav what is that square on top of the dash - is this a center channel speaker?
I belive the square on the top of the dash is a port to the subwoofer that is mounted in the front dash. This might be part of the reason for the "conflict" between the VN and VP packages. The car on ebay is definately the premium package, not the performance.