RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Dealers RX330 Info Driving Me Nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-03, 06:25 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Andi...You've brought a ray of sunshine to my day! Unfortunately for some reason getting them to show me the allocation sheet or even speak of its existance was a little difficult - but in fairness that was a little while ago so as we get closer to actual sale date things might change...

As a side note - those of you in the Chicago area...one salesman said that a shipment of 330's had already arrived at the West Chicago rail yard waiting for distribution. Haven't had time to peek yet...but it's just a stone's throw from here.
Old 03-11-03, 06:25 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by 330wannabe
Hey j4ydubs, have you looked at the Pacifica?
I have not looked into the Pacifica yet. Is it available now (or soon)? I have seen some picture, but it looked a little to "mini vanish". Will have to take another look.

John

Last edited by j4ydubs; 03-11-03 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-11-03, 06:33 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Default Re: cfisher - Performance and NAV

Originally posted by amontgom
The allocation at my dealer (East Coast) must be different than the West Coast. My dealer is only offering the Performance Package with the Nav and without the Rear Seat Entertainment system. I'm not sure if Lexus has different builds by region, but you might want to contact a couple of other dealers in your area to see if you can view their dealer allocation sheet, which clearly shows their percentages for each build.

Good luck -- and don't get frustrated.

Andi
What dealer is that? I'm on the east coast and as of last week, they (Thompson Lexus - Doylestown, PA) still had no clue. Only other dealer around me is in NJ (about 30 miles away).

I definately want the performance package. I'd like to also have the RSES and Nav, but the RSES is more importaint to me (have a 2 1/2 year old and another due in April). I'll probably have to add a 3rd party system...

John
Old 03-11-03, 06:48 PM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

John - we're looking for the same thing...Heck..I even know where Doylestown is! Between you and me though we probably suck up the supposed 3% allocation - if that's even true.

I'll let you know if I find any out here in Chicago.
Old 03-11-03, 07:13 PM
amontgom
Driver School Candidate

Default j4ydubs - East Coast Dealer

I'm using Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA. They gave me a copy of their allocation sheet, which really helped in determining which vehicle I was going to order. They will receive six standard configurations of the RX -- three with NAV and three without it.

Don't forget -- you can always leave a deposit and have that returned later if you decide against buying the RX. That's what I did. Now, at least I am #15 on the list, so I should be called by the end of the month with the option to purchase the car.

Andi

Last edited by amontgom; 03-11-03 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-12-03, 05:30 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Default Re: j4ydubs - East Coast Dealer

Originally posted by amontgom
I'm using Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA. They gave me a copy of their allocation sheet, which really helped in determining which vehicle I was going to order. They will receive six standard configurations of the RX -- three with NAV and three without it.
Thanks for the info. When I talked with the sales people, they said they should get around 12 330's for each allotment. They get 2 allotments a month. Hopefully they'll get what I want or at least be able to trade for it (does Lexus do that [boat trading]?).
Don't forget -- you can always leave a deposit and have that returned later if you decide against buying the RX. That's what I did. Now, at least I am #15 on the list, so I should be called by the end of the month with the option to purchase the car.
I put a deposit down about 3 weeks ago. I'm #16 on the list. Hopefully that puts me in the April/May timeframe. I also had a deposit on the Volvo, but have since gotten that back. Availability is 3-4 months to get what I wanted. And the 330 looks so much better (IMHO).

John
Old 03-12-03, 05:47 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by cfisher
John - we're looking for the same thing...Heck..I even know where Doylestown is! Between you and me though we probably suck up the supposed 3% allocation - if that's even true.
I'll let you know if I find any out here in Chicago.
I'll let you know also. Maybe we're the only two... What color(s) are you looking for? We're looking for a lighter color, but not silver (but the wife likes silver the best - so I might lose that one - we're replacing her car). Both my cars are silver now and I want a change. Maybe the Breakwater Pearl. I think that's a light blue?

John
Old 03-12-03, 05:53 AM
cfisher
Driver School Candidate

We're more strict on the interior - it's gotta be black. Kids, Kids, Kids. I'm more interested in either Flint or Black, though I could be convinced to go silver if I have to. My car is silver right now and I didn't want two silvers.

You take the light one and I'll take the dark one and that sounds about like the entire allotment! Couple of days and we should know for sure I guess.
Old 03-12-03, 08:03 AM
anonymous
Pit Crew

I sometimes wish that Lexus would allow customers to order options individually like Mercedes and BMW does. Like now, there are some options I want together but they are in separate packages. I understand if they're trying to keep prices down, but at least allow customers to add options if they wish to and this means on initial production as well.
Old 03-12-03, 08:18 AM
jen9
Driver School Candidate

My dealer is driving me nuts also .... I am awaiting an answer from my dealer about what headlights are included in the premium package. My husband really wants those adaptive headlights that are in the performance package, but as pointed out earlier in this thread, can't get performance & nav, so we're looking at skipping the performance package. Anyone know if we will be able to get the adaptive headlights or are we stuck with just the HIDs??????

Any info is appreciated!!

Thank you,

Jennifer
Old 03-12-03, 10:39 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

You know, the car isn't even out yet so most of the information we have is sparse and if I'm not sure about something, then I will say so. Hopefully, Lexus wil come out with the Performance Package and nav/lev. Are any of you guys on the west coast going to the Luxury Tour? I would have to say that your best bet would be to attend one. I do know that the production is different for all regions. This has been proven a few times, most recently with IS Sport Thunder Gray/gray 5 speed with nav. I was unable to locate a car on the west coast. If I get anymore information, I wil post immediately. I know it's frustrating not knowing what's going on.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 03-12-03 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-15-03, 07:11 PM
j4ydubs
Driver

Default More Info

Went to see the demo RX330 at my dealership today. Very nice truck. It was Silver with Ivory interior. Had Nav, power rear gate (nice), 17" wheels, and moon roof (the small one). Not sure if it had ML. Drivers seat headroom was a little tight, but acceptable once the seat was adjusted. I'm 6'4" so I used to a tight fit. Very comfortable with all the luxury you'd expect from a Lexus. They also had a display for the colors.

My dealer is still clueless about this vehicle. There was however a Lexus representative there that I talked to for a little bit. He had the east coast allocation sheet with him. He didn't think he was allowed to make a copy for me, but I did convence him to at least make a copy of the performance package bundle for me. Here's the information. Remember, this is only the east coast. The mid-west and west coast are different.

Only 3% of the allocation is going to be the performance package. That's 54 vehicles that the east coast gets. Doesn't make sence to me, but oh well. These 54 trucks will be bundled as follows:

Performance Package (VP)
Graphite polished 18-inch wheels with P235/55R18 Mud-and-Snow HR-rated tires
Air suspension and Multi-mode automatic (sequential) transmission with E-Shift
Enchanced illumination entry system
Power rear lift
Power tilt/telescoping steering wheelwith memory for steering wheel, driver's seat and outside mirrors
Adaptive Front lighting System (ASF) with High Insensity Discharge (HID) headlams
Leather trim interior
Roof rack/rails with single side release
Power tilt/slide one touch open/close moonroof with jam protection
rain-sensing windsheld wipers
6 disc in-dash CD auto changer
Navigation System (NV)
Navigation System with Compass, 7-inch Display and Rear Backup Camera
Dual-Stage Heated Front Seats (HH)

That's it. No RSES, no ML.

I also got my sales man to make me a copy of a new brochure for the RX330. It has all the specs and features. It also lists the Factory Options and Packages. It's to much to type here, but if you have a question, I'll look it up.

One last thing I got from the sales man is a price list. It only has three prices for the RX 330 AWD. None of them include the performance package. I told him that he'd better be trading one of these trucks for a performance package bundle if he wants to sell me a car. He said they will. We'll see... Here's the price and bundle:

$41,478 FT, HH, PT, C1, WL
$43,828 FT, HH, NV, PT, C1, WL
$45,668 EY, FT, HH, NV, PT, C1, WL

EY - Rear Sear Entertainment System (RSES)
FT - All Season Radial Tires
HH - Heated Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers
NV - Navigation System with Rear Camera
PT - Premium Plus Package
C1 - Cargo mat
WL - Wheel Locks

John

Edit: Added 6 disc changer

Last edited by j4ydubs; 03-16-03 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-16-03, 05:56 AM
jen9
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, John, for the great info!! Really appreciate it!! My husband is demanding performance package, so this info is especially helpful. A couple of questions ....

1) What exactly does the Mark Levinson get you? Is it just enhanced sound or is that the only way you get the 6 disk in dash changer, etc.?

2) Has anyone seen the aftermarket RSES? Our dealer says that their aftermarket system is a Panasonic which has 2 screens inserted into the back of the headrests. Iam not sure how I feel about this. Dealer said that the benefit is that one kid can play Nintendo while other watches a DVD, but I was never really fond of the look of the cut-out headrests... Any thoughts?

3) 3% allocation?! Doesn't make sense to me, but at least you on the East Coast will be able to get the Nav with Performance. I've been told by 2 different dealers that the cars won't be bundled like that here, so we're anxiously awaiting some official news.

Thanks again for the info.

Jennifer
Old 03-16-03, 09:20 AM
j4ydubs
Driver

Originally posted by jen9
1) What exactly does the Mark Levinson get you? Is it just enhanced sound or is that the only way you get the 6 disk in dash changer, etc.?
Oops. I left out the 6 disc in-dash CD auto changer. It's included in the east coast performance package. I think it might even be standard with the RX330. Here's what it listed for the Standard and Mark Levinson:

Standard Lexus Premium AM/FM ETR Audio System with six-disc single feed in-dash CD Changer; eight speakers; sound positioning system that opimizes speaker usage depending upon number and positioning of occupants.

Available Mark Levinson Premium Audio System includes 210 watts of continuous average power, all channels driven; 20-20,000 Hz at 0.01% THD (Total Harmonic Distortion); six-disc single-feed in-dask CD Changer; 11 speakers; and sound positioning system that opimizes speaker usage depending upon number and positioning of occupants.

2) Has anyone seen the aftermarket RSES? Our dealer says that their aftermarket system is a Panasonic which has 2 screens inserted into the back of the headrests. Iam not sure how I feel about this. Dealer said that the benefit is that one kid can play Nintendo while other watches a DVD, but I was never really fond of the look of the cut-out headrests... Any thoughts?
I have the same question. I'm going to start a new topic asking about aftermarket solutions. I've seen the headrest system and it looks nice, as long as it's done right. I think they usually have smaller screens though (4-5" compaired to 7"+ from the drop down). I'd be willing to work with the dealer, but will likely try to talk him down in price (of the aftermarket system) because I'll be paying MSRP for the SUV. I think my dealer uses Clarion systems.

John
Old 03-16-03, 03:45 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Fully loaded" RX330

OK, so I have a deposit on my RX330 AWD, "fully loaded", silver/black - no options spared. Like many of you, I am totally confused as to what Lexus will be sending over in this first batch.

The good news (I hope) is that my dealer called Friday and my fully loaded RX arrived at port (L.A.) on Friday, so I should be able to finally check it out in real life this Wednesday or Thursday!!

What I have been told is that this vehicle is fully equipped, and will have Nav/Lev/RSES *and* the performance pkg, including adaptive lights, air suspension, and 18" wheels of course. Also has the tow package. MSRP of $46,808. Not sure about the laser cruise control - never asked about that.

I saw the allocation sheet as well, and no, the "VP" code was not on there, but I'm giving my dealer the benefit of the doubt (along with the *refundable* deposit) that it truly has everything. It does carry the VN code, which he claims will be the most loaded package from Japan. I don't quite understand it. I did the building on kbb.com for the options, and I don't see how it could be right - it double counts some packages I think, because the MSRP gets much too high when you combine them all.

It supposedly lacks only one feature - the multipanel moonroof - which I wouldn't want anyway, because then you can't have the RSES or roof racks.

I'm a little skeptical about whether or not this will be a dream or reality once I see the car, but I'll keep you all posted. Hopefully it is exactly what we've all been waiting for, a truly FULLY loaded car with the works . . .

P.S. For those of you interested in after-market entertainment systems, I've been told that there are some cool advantages, such as:

(1) Choice of headrest screens or a larger-than-factory size flip down screen
(2) Integration of DVD video on the Lexus NAV screen, even while driving, so those passenger up front can watch too! (obviously not for the driver)

interesting thing to think about . . .

Quick Reply: Dealers RX330 Info Driving Me Nuts!