RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-14, 09:47 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)

My wife who I love dearly decided to go and get an SUV. Lol. It's a beuat! We've looked for and at maybe a dozen Lexus Rx350 in person while searching on the internet even longer.I've learned in my time with her that when she makes a subtle suggestion she's often....oh OK she's always been right. She has a remarkable batting average in the 800 when it comes to judging people & objects.
So after my commute home my wife asked me to meet her at the dealership which she HATES being at anytime. She'd rather be strapped to a dental chair getting a root canal. Really she loathes them. But something remarkable happened at this Mercedes ons. She was there when I showed up for over two hours. I was more impressed with how they were able to placate her and show enough courtesy to keep her there. I experienced the same as I was greeted. Wow. What a different experience that was compared to ANY other of the dozen we've been through.
So on the test drive I made sure to thank the salesman for treating her well which meant more to me than anything we could have bought.
We purchased a 2009 RX350 with 67k on it. Let me tell you this one is in pristine condition. One owner ,New Michelin's tires, brakes and maintained well. Only one area of concern was the towing package. That had me thinking of the transmission. But we could always use one. Anyway it looks alike we are now a fully integrated Lexus family. With the IS350c purchased last month and this RX we should be good for awhile. More pics tomorrow. Yes we night shop.
Thanks for the read & take care.
Attached Thumbnails A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-img_20140916_203214_635.jpg   A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-img_20140916_195009_703.jpg  
Old 09-16-14, 09:58 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

congrats on the RX!
Old 09-17-14, 12:40 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless it has a hitch installed I wouldn't worry about having the towing package. They are almost standard equipment in Texas to battle the heat. The package consists of a transmission fluid cooler, HD radiator and HD alternator. It's very desirable option for extending the life of some very major components.

My car has it and has never had a hitch installed. Welcome to CL!
Old 09-17-14, 07:45 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys! I had all of two hours to enjoy it yesterday. Live to go home and this weekend and enjoy a long trip. Tires were kind of loud and I'm looking forward to switching them out once they are done. A minor annoyance is the fact there is no aux/bluetooth but a quick trip to the audio shop should fix that.
Old 09-17-14, 08:19 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

A very big congratulations on getting an RX. It's a great vehicle for what it is. Happy driving and you'll enjoy many miles with the RX 350...
Old 09-17-14, 08:29 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Great story, rxonmymind. Not sure what issues you're having with bluetooth. It's been standard on the RX since 2005. Good luck getting that working again. And congrats to your wife on finding a great RX.
Old 09-17-14, 05:19 PM
lexsc4
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 147 Posts

Congrats on your new ride. We also bought an 08 RX350 AWD Pearl white last June and my wife has been loving it (she used to drive an 08 Honda CRV 4WD).
Yeah the new set of Michelin MXM4s the dealer installed are loud, will most likely go to Latitude Touring after this set.

BTW, I see you are in the Rockin area, I was just there in the Thunder Valley area a few weeks ago.
Old 09-17-14, 05:28 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kitlz
Great story, rxonmymind. Not sure what issues you're having with bluetooth. It's been standard on the RX since 2005. Good luck getting that working again. And congrats to your wife on finding a great RX.
Hi Anita and thanks for chiming in. I'm sure there are models with BT but this one didn't come with it which is weird. But that can be solved pretty easily. Everything else about it is tops.
Attached Thumbnails A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-img_20140917_171157_457.jpg   A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-img_20140917_171242_439.jpg   A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-img_20140917_171313_023.jpg   A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-img_20140917_170857_001-1.jpg  

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-17-14 at 05:33 PM.
Old 09-17-14, 05:50 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexsc4
Congrats on your new ride. We also bought an 08 RX350 AWD Pearl white last June and my wife has been loving it (she used to drive an 08 Honda CRV 4WD).
Yeah the new set of Michelin MXM4s the dealer installed are loud, will most likely go to Latitude Touring after this set.

BTW, I see you are in the Rockin area, I was just there in the Thunder Valley area a few weeks ago.
Hey congrats right back at ya! Never been to Thunder valley although I heard the food is GOOD

My wife also just informed me this is the Pebble beach option!! 18" wheels, moon roof, etc. Guess that's good?
I'll also go for the Michelin's.
Also for posterity if anyone should come along asking about upgrading the stock/base stereo I found the following that's just what I was looking for.
http://www.oemautointegration.com/product/grom-u2-toy

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-17-14 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-17-14, 08:15 PM
justjosh
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Hey congrats right back at ya! Never been to Thunder valley although I heard the food is GOOD

My wife also just informed me this is the Pebble beach option!! 18" wheels, moon roof, etc. Guess that's good?
I'll also go for the Michelin's.
Also for posterity if anyone should come along asking about upgrading the stock/base stereo I found the following that's just what I was looking for.
http://www.oemautointegration.com/product/grom-u2-toy
Hate to break it to you but its not the Pebble Beach edition. Pebble Beach has different wheels, grill, badges on the fenders or door and I'm pretty sure Pebble Beaches didn't come with black leather.
Old 09-18-14, 04:15 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by justjosh
Hate to break it to you but its not the Pebble Beach edition. Pebble Beach has different wheels, grill, badges on the fenders or door and I'm pretty sure Pebble Beaches didn't come with black leather.
Ah, thank you. Just read the description that the dealer had on their website that was given to me.

"NOW for Special Internet Incentives This Lexus includes: BLACK, LEATHER SEAT TRIM Leather Seats ROOF RAILS W/RACK Luggage Rack PEBBLE BEACH EDITION Aluminum Wheels Rear Spoiler Floor Mats Sun/Moon Roof HID headlights Sun/Moonroof Leather Seats Luggage Rack Adjustable Steering Wheel 5-speed automatic transmision......."

So maybe it's a Pebble beach midnight edition?

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-18-14 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-18-14, 08:00 AM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The RX350 Pebble Beach Edition Wheel.
Attached Thumbnails A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-pebble-beach-wheel.jpg  
Old 09-18-14, 11:42 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

^^^Yup I looked up the specs but not bothered at all. For the price and condition we got it for, I'm calling this a wash. My wife and I have the vert with the "white" interior and we're both digging this black. Whoever drove this had to wear slacks or very nice pants and was light as a feather.I'm not kidding when I say the interior looks brand new. Hardly a single crease in the seat. Felt like CSI when I went to examine this one and was 12 previous SUV inspections wiser.
Living the dream baby! Viviendo el sueño del bebé!!

Last edited by rxonmymind; 09-18-14 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-18-14, 01:07 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

OK enough about RX. Something crazy I saw was the "floating" tv at this dealership. They also had full coffee bar. Sweet place.
Attached Thumbnails A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)-img_20140916_153551_590.jpg  
Old 09-18-14, 01:55 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice pics! Welcome to CL!

Quick Reply: A mysterious suv showed up in our garage:)