Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Adding an aftermarket touch screen but also keeping my touch controls for climate etc

Old 05-19-14, 09:39 AM   #1
IS250Josh
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Adding an aftermarket touch screen but also keeping my touch controls for climate etc

SO, I have the amplifier adapter for my RX400h with factory nav/ mark lev. this adapter one has one plug for the main pigtail. when I unplug the middle harness on the radio the touch screen goes black and I can no longer control my climate, info, map etc. I don't care about the sound beeping or the nav telling me where to go.. I would just like to be able to use my controls.

I've seen this done on other posts but no one mentions how they made the factory touch continue to be functional. do I have to remove the part that plugs into that middle harness from the radio and stuff it in the dash somewhere to hide it just so it continues to work? is there a jumper wire that needs to be hooked up?

Please help I have a 900 mile trip coming up and i'd like to be able to play videos for my two kids, to keep me sane!

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-s...-redesign.html

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
IS250Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 09:57 AM   #2
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-s...a-dnx6960.html

Be sure to read all the way through this as there is a writeup from 1koolfella who has a setup with the existing NAV.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 10:15 AM   #3
IS250Josh
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, that was def helpful, however I don't think ill be spending $300+ on the beatsonic rx-82 adapter I need..
Old 05-19-14, 10:22 AM   #4
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS250Josh View Post
Thanks, that was def helpful, however I don't think ill be spending $300+ on the beatsonic rx-82 adapter I need..
Much easier for those without the Lexus NAV system. With the NAV you need to have the correct harness to keep everything running.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-14, 10:47 AM   #5
IS250Josh
Driver School Candidate

So, there's actually a work around for cheap people like me that don't want to spend $400 on the rx-82 adapter..

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-s...natives-2.html
Old 05-19-14, 08:09 PM   #6
IS250Josh
Driver School Candidate

so, check this out.. I was going to my friends house to get my touch screen back out of my old scion and I was bringing him the stock scion radio.. So i was like I think ill hook this up to see if the nav, climate etc works on my lex... IT DID.. so instead of pulling my expensive as hell Lexus stock head unit apart I pulled the cheap scion head apart (I found some for $50 on Craigslist) and I am going to be using that instead and mount it in my glove box or hide it under the gear shifter if there's enough room!

This is the scion xb unit I took apart and tested! I will be installing it all tomorrow with headrest monitors.
Old 05-19-14, 08:09 PM