RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Is the power lift gate a option?

Old 04-29-14, 11:06 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Is the power lift gate a option?

does it come on a rx330/350 standard?
Old 04-29-14, 11:10 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Power Rear Door was standard.
Old 04-29-14, 11:38 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 843 Likes on 638 Posts

Let's use the word Customary. The Premium Package (option) includes the Leather upgrade from Cloth, Sunroof, Memory System, Electrochromatic mirrors, Power Rear Door, USB input and rear cargo cover.
I have only ever seen one Specially Ordered RX (a 450h at that!) that was that basic.
Old 04-29-14, 11:46 AM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys must be patient here, my American is not so good (our English teachers told us that Elvis was a bad influence and we shouldn't speak English the way he does - we must speak English like the queen - what the old hags didn't know was that we liked Elvis much more than the queen - OK just joking, but you really have me confused). You mean the rear hatch? Why isn't mine powered?

Last edited by nipponbird; 04-29-14 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-29-14, 12:16 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcomer
Let's use the word Customary. The Premium Package (option) includes the Leather upgrade from Cloth, Sunroof, Memory System, Electrochromatic mirrors, Power Rear Door, USB input and rear cargo cover.
I have only ever seen one Specially Ordered RX (a 450h at that!) that was that basic.
Was just using the term Lexus was using. If you scroll down a bit you will see the following on the below listed URL for the 2007 RX350:

Power Rear Door Standard

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/RX/2007.html

Originally Posted by nipponbird
You guys must be patient here, my American is not so good (our English teachers told us that Elvis was a bad influence and we shouldn't speak English like he does - OK I'm just joking, my wife is a keen Elvis fan). You mean the rear hatch? Why isn't mine powered?
One of several reasons. First, it may not have been standard in all markets. Next, yours may have included it but for some reason it is not working or needs reset. Here in the US it is sometimes necessary to open and close the hatch by hand to reset the system. Another reason is the button to lock the system may have been pushed in the glove box disabling the hatch from working electronically.

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...004rx33/11.pdf

As you can see, nipponbird, Lexus refers to it as a Power Rear Door here in the US. Many times these are referred to as 5-door vehicles. Also, do not confused the English we speak here in the America with the Queen's English. I always learned to say "hatch" even when it was not a hatchback.

Last edited by RX330inFL; 04-29-14 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-29-14, 12:26 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
450h is 3rd gen....
Old 04-29-14, 12:30 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Originally Posted by RX330inFL

As you can see, nipponbird, Lexus refers to it as a Power Rear Door here in the US. Many times these are referred to as 5-door vehicles. Also, do not confused the English we speak here in the America with the Queen's English. I always learned to say "hatch" even when it was not a hatchback.
the word "hatch" usualy refers the back (lift) door from a SMALL car...

But WE all have a TRUCK...LOL
Old 04-29-14, 12:36 PM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Just pulling your leg a bit, we're not keen on the queen here. Check out the Anglo-Boer war and Paul Kruger, my grandma's farm was burned down by British soldiers, she could never lived it down. But OK I'm off-topic. What are you telling me? Do I have a power rear door and I must activate it in the glove compartment? And all the time I'm opening and closing it manually. Nothing about that in the Owner's Manual. In anyway are they very stingy with what they tell you in that hallowed booklet. But then what do you press inside the vehicle to operate it. Guess I don't have one. You guys are always spoiled, just learned that you are not even fined for speeding by way of camera speed traps.
Old 04-29-14, 12:54 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kickin8
the word "hatch" usualy refers the back (lift) door from a SMALL car...

But WE all have a TRUCK...LOL
Yea, the terms are all over the place. We definitely do not have a truck. No frame on body construction. For insurance, we are classified as a wagon. The old wagons used to have the rear tailgate as it folded down just like a truck. So, it is not a tailgate.

What else is it NOT? It is not a liftback as those are car based. Oh wait, the RX IS car based and liftback is just another name for hatchback.

With all the confusion it is just easier to use the term Lexus uses and that is "power rear door" and be done with it. Though, I will still out of habit "throw things in the hatch" or "open the rear hatch."
Old 04-29-14, 01:04 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Just pulling your leg a bit, we're not keen on the queen here. Check out the Anglo-Boer war and Paul Kruger, my grandma's farm was burned down by British soldiers, she could never lived it down. But OK I'm off-topic. What are you telling me? Do I have a power rear door and I must activate it in the glove compartment? And all the time I'm opening and closing it manually. Nothing about that in the Owner's Manual. In anyway are they very stingy with what they tell you in that hallowed booklet. But then what do you press inside the vehicle to operate it. Guess I don't have one. You guys are always spoiled, just learned that you are not even fined for speeding by way of camera speed traps.
Assuming you have a lefthand drive RX like we have here in the States:

What does your key fob look like? Does it have a button for the rear door? In the URL I provided above do you have the power door button as shown on page 43 on the left of the steering wheel?

In that same section of the Owner's Manual, open your glove box and look to see if you have a button on the lefthand side as shown on page 42.

Would love to watch the folks here heads explode from German style speeding tickets where the fine is income based. The more you make the bigger the fine. And there are speeding traps and cameras everywhere.
Old 04-29-14, 02:44 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

And cameras for running the red lights....LOL
Old 04-29-14, 06:52 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks guys
Old 04-30-14, 01:05 AM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Assuming you have a lefthand drive RX like we have here in the States:

What does your key fob look like? Does it have a button for the rear door? In the URL I provided above do you have the power door button as shown on page 43 on the left of the steering wheel?

In that same section of the Owner's Manual, open your glove box and look to see if you have a button on the lefthand side as shown on page 42.

Would love to watch the folks here heads explode from German style speeding tickets where the fine is income based. The more you make the bigger the fine. And there are speeding traps and cameras everywhere.
On a more serious note RX330inFL, thanks for the links, it sure kept me out of mischief for a while. The model line-up here is of course all right hand drive and includes a luxury option designated as EX. (We also get an RX450h F-Sport, might be under the wrong impression, but the US get the RX350 F-Sport, which we don't get)
So mine is an RX350EX, but from day one I realised that this can mean anything, the only way you can differentiate an EX from the "base" model is by the fact that the base model hasn't got a roof rack. Here it looks like the late second generation got loaded with the nice stuff like reverse cameras, adjustable suspension height and power back doors etc. Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if my RX was the very last one, before they started sticking the nice stuff in. That's just my luck. Back to the EX: It is a good question, why then sell a luxury version, if it is not loaded with all the goodies in the happy parts bin. Well it was sold for much more than the base model and Lexus sent me a letter of authentication, so that the insurance can note it down for pay-out purposes in the event the vehicle gets totalled.
Lastly, I was a bit worried that people might think I'm biased towards the soldiers who threw my grandma off the farm, but I actually have sympathy with them. The old girl was an extremely difficult customer and she could spoil your day for you.

Last edited by nipponbird; 04-30-14 at 01:12 AM.
Old 04-30-14, 01:08 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I call it the deck or rear deck if I'm feeling loquacious.
Old 04-30-14, 01:12 AM
Carver
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Lastly, I was a bit worried that people might think I'm biased towards the soldiers who threw my
grandma off the farm, but I actually have sympathy with them. The old girl was an extremely difficult customer and she could spoil your day for you.
Not a problem about the Brits, we've had to toss them out of here a couple of times so no offense taken.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the power lift gate a option?