RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-14, 06:39 PM
NJBuilder
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Well this past Saturday the wife and I went shopping. What had started out with trading in her 05 grand Cherokee with 118k for another jeep ended up with getting an 04 RX330 with just under 80k.

It really was a big impulse buy but needed as her jeep was coming into needed major work. The trans was slipping for a while and was getting real bad. Crazy idle problem that would stall the jeep out and some electric gremlins which are always a nightmare.

Anyway I must say even though it's only been a few days and she has mostly had the luxury of driving it, while I drive it or sit passenger I'm in love with it. I've always loved the rx330 and now we have one.

I only have one picture for now. We plan on doing some type of in dash navi and I've been checking out who has done them on here. For now I noticed our antenna is broken and we can only get 2 radio stations so that needs to be fixed ASAP.
Attached Thumbnails Introduction-image.jpg  
Old 02-04-14, 06:43 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Congrats and welcome!
Old 02-04-14, 06:55 PM
NJBuilder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Congrats and welcome!

Thank you.
Old 02-04-14, 07:14 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Congrats NJBuilder. Welcome to the RX family. You have a pretty sweet 330 there. It looks great for 10-11 years old. Low miles too. I'm sure you'll both be very happy with it. Enjoy!
Old 02-04-14, 07:15 PM
rtbrjason
Driver School Candidate

Very nice. I'm new as well. I ended up with a silver 04, which wasn't my first choice in color, but it did have the most options, least miles (just under 73k) and got it for $15k even. Not sure if this price was good or not but I was okay with it. I definitely prefer your color.
Old 02-04-14, 07:27 PM
NJBuilder
Driver School Candidate

It's whatever they call their dark blue. My wife loves the color as this is the type of blue she loves. It's growing on me. I can only assume it was owned by an old person with how clean the exterior and interior is plus the miles.
Old 02-05-14, 04:52 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

welcome to the club
Old 02-05-14, 02:27 PM
mpatton
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome, I have the same car, but more miles!

the only things I know you need to be aware of:

1) there is a fix in the works to replace our headlights due to excessive moisture - for free! Register your car with the VIN at lexusdrivers and update your current address and keep an eye out for mail from lexus;
2) there was a safety recall on the brakelight switch. lexusdrivers will tell you if any recalls need to be done on your car;
3) there is apparently a transmission calibration thing that should be done, I need to do it on my car, but haven't. So, if it shifts like shift, then maybe that's something to look into.

great car! congrats!
Old 02-05-14, 04:40 PM
NJBuilder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mpatton

1) there is a fix in the works to replace our headlights due to excessive moisture - for free! Register your car with the VIN at lexusdrivers and update your current address and keep an eye out for mail from lexus;
2) there was a safety recall on the brakelight switch. lexusdrivers will tell you if any recalls need to be done on your car;
3) there is apparently a transmission calibration thing that should be done, I need to do it on my car, but haven't. So, if it shifts like shift, then maybe that's something to look into.

great car! congrats!
Thank you for all the great info. I'll start checking into that. When I drive the lexus it seems to shift smooth. I've only noticed one "harder" shift and that happened when rolling towards stopped traffic and then hitting the gas as everyone started to go again. That's happened to me before in just about anything I've driven before in that situation but again I'll keep up on it.
Old 02-05-14, 06:00 PM
NJBuilder
Driver School Candidate

great car! congrats!
Signed up on that site. Extremely happy to see that I have records going back to the day it had 15miles on it and they detailed the rx before selling it. Seems I'm the 3rd owner. Both other owners were in NY and served the rx religiously at their respective lexus dealer.

Last edited by NJBuilder; 02-05-14 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-05-14, 06:22 PM
mpatton
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJBuilder
Signed up on that sight. Extremely happy to see that I have records going back to the day it had 15miles on it and they detailed the rx before selling it. Seems I'm the 3rd owner. Both other owners were in NY and served the rx religiously at their respective lexus dealer.
great! sounds like you got a great deal! congrats!

I'm pretty sure someone beat mine to hell and back, but that's ok, I got a decent deal on it too!
Old 02-05-14, 06:31 PM
NJBuilder
Driver School Candidate

great! sounds like you got a great deal! congrats!

I'm pretty sure someone beat mine to hell and back, but that's ok, I got a decent deal on it too!
As long as your happy it don't matter much at all!

Last edited by NJBuilder; 02-05-14 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-05-14, 07:52 PM
rtbrjason
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NJBuilder
Signed up on that site. Extremely happy to see that I have records going back to the day it had 15miles on it and they detailed the rx before selling it. Seems I'm the 3rd owner. Both other owners were in NY and served the rx religiously at their respective lexus dealer.
I signed up on that site before purchasing mine as well after seeing it mentioned here. I was happy to see that I am the 2nd owner and the first purchased it and had it regularly serviced at the local Lexus dealer here in Rochester. On the other hand, that means it's been through many winters here in the salt.. :/
Old 02-06-14, 05:04 PM
NJBuilder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rtbrjason
I signed up on that site before purchasing mine as well after seeing it mentioned here. I was happy to see that I am the 2nd owner and the first purchased it and had it regularly serviced at the local Lexus dealer here in Rochester. On the other hand, that means it's been through many winters here in the salt.. :/
Indeed many winters but I like the car staying more local.