RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Beatsonic harness vs. Alternatives?

Old 05-19-14, 09:51 AM
IS250Josh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I am going to go this cheap route.. I cant see spending $400 on a damn harness! that's insane..

my one question is does the backup cam still work on the stock screen?
Old 05-19-14, 03:41 PM
RX330iPad
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS250Josh
I think I am going to go this cheap route.. I cant see spending $400 on a damn harness! that's insane..

my one question is does the backup cam still work on the stock screen?
Yes. See my videos for proof.
Old 05-19-14, 07:08 PM
IS250Josh
Driver School Candidate

so, check this out.. I was going to my friends house to get my touch screen back out of my old scion and I was bringing him the stock scion radio.. So i was like I think ill hook this up to see if the nav, climate etc works on my lex... IT DID.. so instead of pulling my expensive as hell Lexus stock head unit apart I pulled the cheap scion head apart (I found some for $50 on Craigslist) and I am going to be using that instead and mount it in my glove box or hide it under the gear shifter if there's enough room!

This is the scion xb unit I took apart and tested! I will be installing it all tomorrow with headrest monitors.
Name:  scionxbradioforstocknav.jpg
Views: 1227
Size:  93.0 KB
Old 05-20-14, 10:33 PM
IS250Josh
Driver School Candidate

So, I finished installing the aftermarket nav in my RX400h I used a scion xb radio for the bypass alternative so I could still use my factory nav, climate, backup cam etc.. I found a really good spot to hide it other than the glove box! If you take the tape off of the harness for the factory nav it will reach behind the dash under the A/C duct work. Everything back there was either plastic or rubber so I'm not worried about the board shorting out. I also left the plastic on the bottom of the board to the stock radio just in case it touches something.

Name:  photo2-1.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  66.5 KB
Old 05-27-14, 11:20 AM
V3TT2RX4H
Driver School Candidate

Im about to wire up my jvc double din.
I have the metra toyo -01 and the capacitor that comes with it, as well as the metra access for the steering controls.

All Im asking is guidelines on what goes where.
This is the back of my head unit which has ml, nav and headrest dvd's.

which plug does the capacitor go between? (Pic 2 or pic 3)
Where does the plug above the aerial socket go, when hooking up the double din (pic 4)
Am I right that the toyo -01 is plugged into the middle oem socket..is that correct?
(Pic 1 b6)
Thanks in advance for any help.
Car is RHD in uk
Attached Thumbnails Beatsonic harness vs. Alternatives?-20140511_201734.jpg   Beatsonic harness vs. Alternatives?-20140527_175807.jpg   Beatsonic harness vs. Alternatives?-20140527_175355.jpg   Beatsonic harness vs. Alternatives?-20140511_202611.jpg  

Last edited by V3TT2RX4H; 05-27-14 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-28-14, 03:59 AM
1koolfella
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I often read posting regarding the price of the Beatsonic harness and face plate.

Although it may seem expensive, the trade off is it's simple plug in play that you can do yourself. If you take your vehicle to an auto electronic shop, they will charge you for parts and labor which will probably be just as much or maybe even more. If in the future you decide to change your radio again or want to put the factory radio back in for what ever reason, it's simple to do.

Just my 2¢
Old 07-27-14, 12:21 AM
BigPont
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone. First post here. I just bought an 04 RX 330 last week and have been looking at stereos ever since. I've read pretty much all the big threads on this and they were very helpful. Instead of starting my own thread, I figured I'd just post in here since it's the most recent. I plan on buying all the equipment myself and have my friend who owns an audio shop install it all for me. He says he can make it run off the factory amp without much trouble and said the metra kit for $30 was fine so I'm trusting his judgment on that. I watched some video saying it wouldn't work without buying some extra wire but he said it's not necessary. Does this sound about right to you guys? But anyways, here is what I plan on getting done.

-Pioneer AVH 5600 ($350)
-Metra dash kit 99-8159S ($30)
-Kicker CSS694 6x9 components for front doors ($120)
-TaoTronic license plate rear cam ($45)
-Parking brake bypass ($17)
-Metra Axxess ASWC-1 Steering control ($49)

So I'm looking at a little over $600 plus install which I'd be surprised if it was more than $200. Anything yall think I'm forgetting? I'm trying to get it done all in one shot. The front windows will be tinted as well. I decided to go with 35%. I'll be sure to post pics when I am done. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks again to everyone for getting me on track and I look forward to having discussions with you guys.
Old 07-28-14, 08:17 AM
gasconguy
Driver

Welcome. I would say just make sure about the depth of your 6x9's; you probably made sure they will fit. However on Amazon they look like they are 5" deep and I think that's too big... anyway good luck, you will love a nice system in there.
Old 07-28-14, 10:57 AM
BigPont
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gasconguy
Welcome. I would say just make sure about the depth of your 6x9's; you probably made sure they will fit. However on Amazon they look like they are 5" deep and I think that's too big... anyway good luck, you will love a nice system in there.
I actually didn't check to see if they would fit. I went on Sonic Electronix site and that was one of the sets they said would fit in the RX 330. Now I'm nervous lol. I'll have to check it out when I get them I guess.
Old 07-28-14, 12:41 PM
gasconguy
Driver

Check out Crutchfield, they are pretty good about getting sizing right.
Old 07-28-14, 05:34 PM
BigPont
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I checked out crutchfield and it says the speakers fit with brackets. Hopefully, there aren't any problems.
Old 07-29-14, 11:15 AM
Nozzleman
Driver School Candidate

I too would bypass the Beatsonic route and wire it up the way it should be. I'm a little more technically enabled and have access to Alpine products. I probably will have to wait till this fall before I have time. You know what they say about the shoemakers kids.......
Old 08-20-14, 12:54 AM
JJsRX350
Driver School Candidate

I have used the Metra dash kit on my 2008 RX350 with nav and NAV and AC still work fine. Just add the resistor and you are done. The factory amp is located in the rear cargo floor. Right behind the back seat. A few floor paneling has to be removed in order to get to it. notwcaraudio101@gmail.com
Old 08-20-14, 01:01 AM
JJsRX350
Driver School Candidate

All second generation RX models (330,350,400) have the same speaker size. The front doors are 6x9; the rear doors are 6.5"; the dash are 2.5" and the side A-pillar are 1' tweeters. All four door speakers are riveted on. I always make my own MDF woof baffles and use dampening material. Dont just cut the original spaker and use the plastic as a mpount. Thats a Hack Job. I have worked on a lot of Lexus. I have been installing for 16 years. Let me know if you need any help. notwcaraudio101@gmail.com
Old 10-09-14, 10:44 AM
Bobomo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I'm still confused about some of this. I have an '06, with ML and navigation. No rear DVD. All I want is to add a simple single-din unit so I can stream Bluetooth audio and play MP3 CDs. I want to keep stock navigation and calling, etc. Will the Metra AX-ADBOX1 (plus various harnesses) do this? That one guy in this thread kept referring to everything working but "losing voice to navigation" and I have no idea what that means..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beatsonic harness vs. Alternatives?