RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

looking for some parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 06:13 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for some parts

Well, the Lexus was bought through a Lexus dealership. It was used and there was a 30 day warranty. Their performance was sub par to my standards and I have some questions on where to get some things. First, the front drivers side speaker is blown, and Im wondering what size it is? I also would like to know how many Ohms the system is putting to the speakers so I know what to get.

Also, Im looking for this part...

This was overlooked when it was bought by her and the dealership. Id like to know what its called and where to get it.

Lastly, the car has 164000 miles on it, and Id like to know what kind of maintenance I should do to it. The oil and filter were good, and I did a run down on the car to check up on other things, and I know maintence is coming up. What should I expect?

Thanks
Old 10-07-13, 06:40 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Ah yes, the infamous side window trim. Unfortunately, not sold separately. If you buy an assembly you can carefully pull the part of, clean it up for reinstallation, and glue it on better than new instead of replacing the entire window which is what the dealership did for me under warranty years ago. You can also keep your eyes open for any wrecks you can pull the parts from.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...off-rx330.html

What you would be looking for would be this, however, I would double check before purchasing as there may be differences between Canada and Japan built vehicles.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...roduct=5732289

Click on the Fullsize Image link on the above to see what I am referring to.
Old 10-07-13, 06:54 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

As for maintenance, I would pick up at the 45K service interval as indicated in the Owner's Manual:

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...p/2004lexu.pdf

If you are not sure which services have been done I would start by getting to the items not noted for immediate replacement in the OM and may have been neglected such as:

• transmission fluid - toyota type-iv -- perform at least a drain and fill if it does not look new
• power steering fluid - dexron ii/iii -- replace as best possible
• gear oils -- if awd then you want to do the front transfer case as well as the rear diff

Check both the engine air filter and the cabin air filter. The rest is just the regular stuff and as noted in the OM on a regular schedule.
Old 10-07-13, 10:30 PM
JoeInHNL
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The front door speakers are 6 x 9 woofers. The Mark Levinson speaker is 8 ohm. The standard stereo is 2 ohm. If you buy an aftermarket replacement, the maximum depth is about 3 inches to prevent interference with the window.

Typical failure mode of the ML woofer is shown in the picture below. It can be repaired with RTV (or professionally). You need to remove the foam ring at the front of the speaker to get to this point.
Attached Thumbnails looking for some parts-lexus-speaker.jpg  
Old 10-08-13, 01:53 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Ah yes, the infamous side window trim. Unfortunately, not sold separately. If you buy an assembly you can carefully pull the part of, clean it up for reinstallation, and glue it on better than new instead of replacing the entire window which is what the dealership did for me under warranty years ago. You can also keep your eyes open for any wrecks you can pull the parts from.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...off-rx330.html

What you would be looking for would be this, however, I would double check before purchasing as there may be differences between Canada and Japan built vehicles.

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...roduct=5732289

Click on the Fullsize Image link on the above to see what I am referring to.
Thanks for that, Im assuming since you sound like it happens to most, its like a fly away panel on 90s GM full size sedan models? LOL

Im definitely going to call some of my sources to see if I can locate one.

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
As for maintenance, I would pick up at the 45K service interval as indicated in the Owner's Manual:

http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do...p/2004lexu.pdf

If you are not sure which services have been done I would start by getting to the items not noted for immediate replacement in the OM and may have been neglected such as:

• transmission fluid - toyota type-iv -- perform at least a drain and fill if it does not look new
• power steering fluid - dexron ii/iii -- replace as best possible
• gear oils -- if awd then you want to do the front transfer case as well as the rear diff

Check both the engine air filter and the cabin air filter. The rest is just the regular stuff and as noted in the OM on a regular schedule.
Good, thats good info. Thanks, Ive already started making a log for the car, Ill do a full run down and see if I cant find out what the dealer did.

Originally Posted by JoeInHNL
The front door speakers are 6 x 9 woofers. The Mark Levinson speaker is 8 ohm. The standard stereo is 2 ohm. If you buy an aftermarket replacement, the maximum depth is about 3 inches to prevent interference with the window.

Typical failure mode of the ML woofer is shown in the picture below. It can be repaired with RTV (or professionally). You need to remove the foam ring at the front of the speaker to get to this point.
Ill have to take the speaker out to see what can be done if its that problem then, I'm confident I could fix it, but seeing she wants to go full stereo in the future, any recommendations on Headunit/speakers/amps/security systems I should know about? Thanks for the help!