RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-13, 05:42 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy

Hey all, joining the site from North and South Georgia. I currently live in the south, but have a place up north too. My girlfriend just got a 2004 Lexus RX330 and its basically my second car. Im not new to vehicles, as I am a master mechanic and have attended school for it, and currently am a full time student at Georgia Southern University. My work experience goes from basic maintence to rebuilds to full on custom jobs. The sky is the limit with my work experience. My girl made the mistake of letting me get my hands on her car, so now the list of work is growing bigger everyday. Im familiar with everything, but Lexus is a new page in my book and im excited to have fun with this. Ive worked on some Lexus, and rebuilt and worked on many Toyotas. But enough of me, here are some pics of her car. She hopes she will have as much work in her car as I have in my truck.

Its already got some work done.

Before:

After:

Both headlights got restored as well
Before

After:

And heres my truck thats always changing or getting worked on. Plenty of mods to go around for days

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to asking many questions and expanding the knowledge of Lexus.
Old 10-07-13, 06:14 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus, MoparMan. Feel free to jump in on the discussions here as you deem appropriate. There are a good number of DIY threads available for many of the tasks you might decide to take on yourself.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ate-links.html

Be sure to take a moment to register that RX online with Lexus. You will be able to access any service history and recall information there.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do
Old 10-07-13, 06:16 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Welcome to Club Lexus, MoparMan. Feel free to jump in on the discussions here as you deem appropriate. There are a good number of DIY threads available for many of the tasks you might decide to take on yourself.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ate-links.html

Be sure to take a moment to register that RX online with Lexus. You will be able to access any service history and recall information there.

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do
Thanks man! I will get on that, and I will chime in and search around on here!
Old 10-07-13, 06:25 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MoparMan
Thanks man! I will get on that, and I will chime in and search around on here!
Do not hesitate to ask questions. There are some really good and knowledgeable folks here at CL. We do ask that you try to search in advance as many questions have been discussed previous. You can tack on to those discussions as needed. You can use the search features of the forums here, both basic and advanced, or you can just use Google and add clublexus.com into your search criteria.

BTW, how did you clean up those headlights? Just buffed them out? If you run the RX through the car wash and you note water in the headlights there is a link to a DIY to help seal those up.

The paint repair looks very nice. Is that Breakwater Blue? Hard color to match up being a pearl paint and its three step process. Also, nice clean looking truck.
Old 10-08-13, 01:47 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Do not hesitate to ask questions. There are some really good and knowledgeable folks here at CL. We do ask that you try to search in advance as many questions have been discussed previous. You can tack on to those discussions as needed. You can use the search features of the forums here, both basic and advanced, or you can just use Google and add clublexus.com into your search criteria.

BTW, how did you clean up those headlights? Just buffed them out? If you run the RX through the car wash and you note water in the headlights there is a link to a DIY to help seal those up.

The paint repair looks very nice. Is that Breakwater Blue? Hard color to match up being a pearl paint and its three step process. Also, nice clean looking truck.
I will not hesitate. Im not new to forums so Im fairly familiar how it works. Im a contributing mechanic to many places along with owning a shop. Lexus is new to me and excited to learn about the community and expand my expertise.

As for the headlights, I sanded them down, starting with a rough paper, then working way up and then wetsanding and buffing out really well.

Thank you, and I believe that is the color. She loves the color, but she also would like to see black on it, so in the future, I plan on doing a custom metallic black with a ghost pearl color on it. And thanks on my truck too! Its been repainted. It looked like this,

it was pearl forest green, a PPG chrysler color, then this happened,

Hit a tree hydroplaned on the way to school one morning. Being a full time student and owner of a mechanic business, I had little time to work on it, so it rolled around with a gold bed and 6 different colors on it while I was working on it.

Thanks, my truck is my second baby, always getting work and new things, I might post up every now and then to change the scenery on this site
Old 10-08-13, 02:00 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

oh as for the water in the headlights, I actually want to take them apart, loose the amber reflector, and line it with some LEDs, maybe halos or something, maybe do a projector hi beam retro fit... sometime in the future.
Old 10-08-13, 02:22 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Here are some ideas to get you started...

Halo kit:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-rx-350-a.html

LED DRL's:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...yebrows-3.html
Old 10-08-13, 07:15 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Hell yeah, thanks man!
Old 10-08-13, 07:21 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus

Congrats on your girl getting an RX, looks really clean
Old 10-08-13, 07:30 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by Seize
Welcome to Club Lexus

Congrats on your girl getting an RX, looks really clean
Thanks man! I know, it was for the price and the miles it had on it. I was impressed.
Old 10-10-13, 07:10 PM
jixxer74
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome MoparMan! I have found this forum to be very helpful. I am sure you will be able to contribute as well. Nice to have an experienced mechanic on board.
Old 10-10-13, 08:03 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by jixxer74
Welcome MoparMan! I have found this forum to be very helpful. I am sure you will be able to contribute as well. Nice to have an experienced mechanic on board.
Thanks man! Still feeling my way around here, but ill be helping where i can
Old 10-11-13, 01:42 PM
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Glad to have you aboard MoparMan.
Old 10-11-13, 03:27 PM
MoparMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexus114
Glad to have you aboard MoparMan.