RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-13, 12:49 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bridgestone Turanza Serenity

Hello all! - I am not trying to start a new thread debating all kinds of tires, just checking to see if anyone tried the (relatively new) Bridgestone Turanza Serenity and, in the event, have any comments on the tire> Thanks!
Old 09-17-13, 01:10 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

This tire had come up for discussion last time I was getting my alignment checked. Have not seen anything mentioned since. Commented on it here on the main tire topic thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/7891579-post164.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...hoices-11.html
Old 09-17-13, 01:39 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Not to muddy the waters any, but have you seen the new Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport AS? Stated as having an AA traction rating. A stiff tire like the Alenza which I currently have on my RX. May not be to everyone's tastes.
Old 09-17-13, 01:43 PM
dragosdor
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was never a fan of low resistance tires...there's something of a compromise going on there...
Old 09-17-13, 10:16 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Not to muddy the waters any, but have you seen the new Bridgestone Dueler H/P Sport AS? Stated as having an AA traction rating. A stiff tire like the Alenza which I currently have on my RX. May not be to everyone's tastes.
Thank you, RX330inFL for all your suggestions. There's not much to go on as far as reviews are concerned at tirerack. I'll give it until Spring to decide... Next month I un-store the convertible and will be using it mainly until May/June. I'll let everyone know what I decide and how I find the tires....
Old 09-18-13, 02:56 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pauljcl
Thank you, RX330inFL for all your suggestions. There's not much to go on as far as reviews are concerned at tirerack. I'll give it until Spring to decide... Next month I un-store the convertible and will be using it mainly until May/June. I'll let everyone know what I decide and how I find the tires....
Yes.... the love bugs will go away soon enough, the nearly daily rains will come to an end, and the temps will be more reasonable. Looking forward to it myself. Of course, here it means the leaves will start falling from the oak trees.

Tires... at the moment the Pirellis hold my interest the most. However, they are not necessarily the most convenient to get and would have to use a shop I have not had dealings with in the past. Therefore, my continued interest to see what is new and improved especially with Bridgestone which has served me well over the years. Also, it is time for me to replace the spare as well. A decade is long enough. So, it is cost times five.
Old 09-18-13, 07:50 AM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Tires... at the moment the Pirellis hold my interest the most. However, they are not necessarily the most convenient to get and would have to use a shop I have not had dealings with in the past. Therefore, my continued interest to see what is new and improved especially with Bridgestone which has served me well over the years. Also, it is time for me to replace the spare as well. A decade is long enough. So, it is cost times five.
Tirerack (CL sponsor) or American Tires would probably the most conveninent place to get.
Old 09-18-13, 09:41 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kickin8
Tirerack (CL sponsor) or American Tires would probably the most conveninent place to get.
Purchasing is not a problem. Buying local is preferred if the price is right as I can inspect the tires before accepting them. Though, I have purchased a number of special tires from TireRack in the past. But back then I spent a lot of time downtown and it was not a logistics problem. Now I rarely go far afield and there is not much out this way by the house. Getting them installed would require a 90 minute drive to civilization as I would want the appropriate Hunter 9700 used. Plus, I just don't want some inexperienced kid doing the job.

http://www.hunter.com/balancer/roadforce/index.cfm
Old 09-18-13, 12:02 PM
pauljcl
Lead Lap

Purchasing is not a problem. Buying local is preferred if the price is right as I can inspect the tires before accepting them. Though, I have purchased a number of special tires from TireRack in the past. But back then I spent a lot of time downtown and it was not a logistics problem. Now I rarely go far afield and there is not much out this way by the house. Getting them installed would require a 90 minute drive to civilization as I would want the appropriate Hunter 9700 used. Plus, I just don't want some inexperienced kid doing the job.

http://www.hunter.com/balancer/roadforce/index.cfm
I guess you are in northern FL, which I just drove through about ten days ago on my way down from Canada (where I spend summers). I noticed, as every year, the love-bugs which paper the front of the car (though, in all fairness, they were less numerous this year than last). The Miami-Toronto-Montreal-Miami trip is about 60% of the average annual mileage I put on the RX, the rest being around Miami-Boca-Palm Beach. Thus my interest in a 'summer' or 'highway' tire with good wet/dry performance and my lack of interest in all-season tire. And, during the winter I use the BMW (convertible) which provides a different kind of pleasure. It's really too bad that a good 'summer' tire in our size does not exist. I put summer tires on the BMW and it made a world of (positive) difference!