Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

rx330 2004 traction control problem

Old 07-21-13, 10:46 AM   #1
malso70
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default rx330 2004 traction control problem

hello i have a problem when a go in a curve the traction control light comes on and begins beeping i no that isn normal because i will go at 60km and its a simple curve how can i solve this
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
malso70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 03:54 PM   #2
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by malso70 View Post
hello i have a problem when a go in a curve the traction control light comes on and begins beeping i no that isn normal because i will go at 60km and its a simple curve how can i solve this
Could be something as simple as low tire pressure in one or more tires. The difference may not be enough to trigger the low tire pressure warning in the 2004 system. Have seen this myself. Otherwise, you may have a bad sensor which will need to be looked at. First, check those tire pressures.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-13, 06:18 PM   #3
malso70
Driver School Candidate

ok how much pressure I put on tires 35psion the 4? i will try to balance the tires and get them align i wiil tell when i do this
Old 07-21-13, 07:12 PM   #4
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
ok how much pressure I put on tires 35psion the 4? i will try to balance the tires and get them align i wiil tell when i do this
35 psi when cold would be around the max I would put in. The values on the driver's door jam and in the Owner's Manual would be what Lexus would like you to run. I have found those numbers to be a bit soft of a ride.

Had a slow leak in a tire some time back. When I went to get on the interstate entrance ramp when leaving the office the VSC lit up and I could feel the RX reacting. Dry roads, so it should not have done that. I checked to find the low tire pressure. Tire pressure indicator had not come on, but tires were cold so no telling when it might have come on. As I keep a 12V tire inflator in the hatch I was able to top the tire off and have it checked on my way home. Never did it again.

If not tire related, you should have your RX checked for any error codes being thrown. Shops like AutoZone will read these usually for no charge. If any are reported it would go a long way in helping to diagnose the problem. Not something I would put off for another day.
Old 07-21-13, 07:35 PM   #5
HtownBlue
Lead Lap

Tires- unlikely unless they were really deflated. Bad strut cause one side of vehicle to be lower than path is possible.

Most common and likely problem is your yaw rate sensor. It will likely get worse. Once the engine and braking engages when it beeps, you have to replace the sensor ASAP AND PERFORM A ZERO POINT CALIBRATION.
The yaw rate sensors are what cause this issue most often.

I have an extra yaw rate sensor I will sell you if or anyone else wants it. Htownblue@gmail.com
Old 07-21-13, 08:13 PM   #6
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownBlue View Post
Tires- unlikely unless they were really deflated.
Yes, but can be related and is the easiest and cheapest item to check. Mine was down 10+ lbs, however, the tire pressure sensor had not come on the dash at that point and I had not driven all that far. Car was driving like I was on black ice or driving over a diesel fuel spill.

Not everyone has a scanner to pull codes, but that could tell us if this is a sensor problem or not. Why that is my second recommendation. Less easy to perform, however, usually a free service. If no errors there, then a competent shop would need to get involved (assuming the owner is not a DIY mechanic) to check suspension and other possible causes. That is last as it is usually a charge service.
Old 07-22-13, 06:48 AM   #7
malso70
Driver School Candidate

yes they put the scanner and it dosent have any error he said they did a ZERO POINT CALIBRATION and its the same what a notice its only to one way it mainly light the traction control and get the beeps i think one side its more sensitive i am going to balance al tires and check the psi for the back tires
Old 07-22-13, 06:58 AM   #8
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Probably a dirty wheel/hub sensor.

2012 Mercedes-Benz C300 4 Matic Sport Sedan (wife`s car)
lexus114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-13, 07:08 AM   #9
malso70
Driver School Candidate

where is that located ?dirty wheel/hub sensor
Old 07-22-13, 07:39 AM   #10
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Quote:
where is that located ?dirty wheel/hub sensor
When you pull the wheel off, look behind the brake caliber and you will see the wire going to it. You take off (i believe its a 10mm bolt and it comes right out) Clean it off real good with WD-40 or the like. Do this for all four> ****** However the rear one`s are extremely difficult to remove, may need to soak with a penetrating oil first. I never did get my rear ones out.

Old 07-22-13, 06:42 PM   #11
malso70
Driver School Candidate

ok thanks tommorow i am going to try this
Old 07-22-13, 10:07 PM   #12
HtownBlue
Lead Lap

If its not the yaw sensor, check the a speed/abs sensors at each wheel.
Old 07-23-13, 06:27 AM   #13
lexus114
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownBlue View Post
If its not the yaw sensor, check the a speed/abs sensors at each wheel.
Thats what I told him to try.

Old 07-23-13, 06:27 AM

Tags
2004, 340, calibration, callibration, control, lexus, point, problem, rate, rx, rx330, sensor, steering, traction, yaw