RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Problems Problems Problems! Venting... this post is essentially pointless

Old 04-23-13, 06:12 PM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mandyfig
Good luck with your new ride. What year was it?
The lexus was a 2004 the BMW is a 2008
Old 04-23-13, 06:34 PM
mandyfig

Received 407 Likes on 359 Posts

There you go. Have you seen the 2013 Rx350's?
Old 04-23-13, 07:08 PM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Originally Posted by mandyfig
There you go. Have you seen the 2013 Rx350's?
Yeah I have they're great looking but at my age and everything I feel like I finally have a car that fits me... Two, the features are insane. Massaging for driver seat all seats heated with a heated steering wheel, all seats airconditioned, power shades that enclose all rear windows, 20 way power adj. seats, navigation, HD radio, Logic 7 surround sound that is the best stock system I have ever heard in a car, the room in the back with the Li is unbelievable and the finishes remind you of the cars $109,000 price tag back in 2008.

The thing also is just a bullet, I have to set the car to warn me at 80 mph to tell me i've exceeded the speed limit. Otherwise it just goes and you will feel like you are doing 70 but really are doing 90.

The car is just amazing all around from the ride quality to sportiness to features and comfort. It has it all!
Old 04-24-13, 07:42 AM
DPJ
Driver School Candidate

I only have Japanese cars from Japan. Sounds like your RX had plenty of abuse. Have you considered a Toyota Land Cruiser? It might be rugged enough and large enough for your uses. Check out some of the uTubes from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Those guys know how to trick them out and drive them. I just got a 2013 Subaru Forester and am enjoying it's functionality and simplicity. I could have bought any car you've mentioned in the thread, but I just had to get the Forester.The folks on the Subaru forum tend to really like the 5 speed turbo models from 2004-13.
You can get something really nice in the low-mid twenty's. I was surprised they cost nearly as much as a BMW or Lexus. Some of the cars you're talking about are really for someone much older. Be a kid, have some fun with a 4 cycl Turbo. My wife's RX-330 is great for a soccer mom or a grandmother. Even she likes to drive the Forester better. I'm trying to get to 30 post to stop that annoying warning from popping up. Good Luck!
Old 04-24-13, 08:51 PM
Gavinw35
Rookie

Originally Posted by DPJ
I only have Japanese cars from Japan. Sounds like your RX had plenty of abuse. Have you considered a Toyota Land Cruiser? It might be rugged enough and large enough for your uses. Check out some of the uTubes from Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Those guys know how to trick them out and drive them. I just got a 2013 Subaru Forester and am enjoying it's functionality and simplicity. I could have bought any car you've mentioned in the thread, but I just had to get the Forester.The folks on the Subaru forum tend to really like the 5 speed turbo models from 2004-13.
You can get something really nice in the low-mid twenty's. I was surprised they cost nearly as much as a BMW or Lexus. Some of the cars you're talking about are really for someone much older. Be a kid, have some fun with a 4 cycl Turbo. My wife's RX-330 is great for a soccer mom or a grandmother. Even she likes to drive the Forester better. I'm trying to get to 30 post to stop that annoying warning from popping up. Good Luck!
Thanks man, I would prbly go with the Range Rover HSE or supercharged before going with land cruiser. I am a more luxury brand kind of guy. The 750 has been great for fun like power and an amazing stereo. The RX totally did not suit my personality but it was my first car that was a gift and I have to say my mom did pretty great for being a single mother. The RX really was a great car but wow, when it started to go everything went at the same time. Every time I would drive it I would end up frustrated with the thing. Hence when I started this thread. that was when I started car shopping. Was mainly looking for an SUV had found and locked in an Audi Q7 Prestige with 4.2 v8 and then the dealer accidentally sold it out from under me. I then couldnt find another Q7 prestige just a lot of bases. Then the 750LI sport came up and I fell in love with it lol
Old 04-25-13, 06:22 AM
DPJ
Driver School Candidate

That's cool, I have a Range Rover dealer 5 minutes away. They were kind enough to let me test drive a Porsche 911 last summer. Check out my garage, over the last 20 something years these are the ones I held on to. We wore out about 5 others. The Toyota Land Cruiser is buy far the most rugged and comfortable vehicle I've ever owned. The Lexus version had a suspension system I didn't want. I look for reliability and low maintenance in anything I plan on keeping. My research showed Range Rover towards the bottom of the list at that time. Good luck with your 7 series.