Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Second Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

RX330 Rear Window Issues

Old 01-12-13, 08:41 AM   #1
TRW
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default RX330 Rear Window Issues

Hello,
I have a 2004 RX330 and I am having an issue with the rear window switches. The controls from the drivers side master panel all work fine. The front passenger side door switch work fine. Neither of the rear windows switches work though.

I checked the 20amp fuses and they look fine. I also tried doing some of the resetting I found in the manual but nothing works. I have also checked the child safety locks and they are not locked.

It's really strange to me that I can roll them up and down from the master panel but not the rear switches themselves.

Is there something I'm missing?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 08:49 AM   #2
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRW View Post
Hello,
I have a 2004 RX330 and I am having an issue with the rear window switches. The controls from the drivers side master panel all work fine. The front passenger side door switch work fine. Neither of the rear windows switches work though.

I checked the 20amp fuses and they look fine. I also tried doing some of the resetting I found in the manual but nothing works. I have also checked the child safety locks and they are not locked.

It's really strange to me that I can roll them up and down from the master panel but not the rear switches themselves.

Is there something I'm missing?
Did you recently have the battery replaced? More than likely you just need to reset the windows and sunroof as described in the Owner's Manual. Is a topic that has been discussed on many an occasion here at Club Lexus if you want to search for it.
RX330inFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 08:59 AM   #3
TRW
Driver School Candidate

I have not had the battery replaced or disconnected recently.

I tried the reset procedure in the manual but no luck. I also can't get the indicator lights on any of the switches to flash at all as described in the manual.
TRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 02:48 PM   #4
HtownBlue
Lead Lap

I thought there was a WINDOW LOCK on the MASTER PANEL. It is a push switch IIRC. At least I thought there was. My guess is that switch is on the "lock" mode. Puch it and it should release.
Old 05-08-13, 06:59 PM   #5
1koolfella
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

I had a similar issue with my 350.
The master switch and key lock would not roll up or down the rear driver side window, but if I go to the window itself it would go up and down. I also had to hold it to go up and down.

I tried the recycling that people posted online first and that didn't work.

I removed both the left and right fuses from the fuse box on the drivers side, then tried the sequence again.

My owners manual said to roll the window half way down, then back up again. That didn't work, I tried all the way down then it didn't come up at all. I shut the engine off and removed, waited 30 sec, put back the fuse and tried it again.

Tried the cycling procedure again and this time stopped in the middle. I just got frustrated and drove home. (was trying this in the parking lot at AutoZone in case I needed fuses) When I pulled up to my door out of habit, I use the master switch to roll up the windows and all windows went up; it worked. It was a fluke. I was shocked but also happy.
1koolfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-13, 06:59 PM

Tags
2004, 330, back, drivers, glass, lexus, master, rare, rear, reset, rx, rx330, switch, window, windows