RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Should I expect more issues with 2007 RX350 than I've already had?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-12, 07:02 PM
RockfordRX
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by stevesxm
i will tolerate this one because it was cheap but i will sell it as soon as i can get the dash to behave. and based on the one i have now, i wouldn't ever have another lexus product for any reason at all.
Stevesxm, Would you sell your RX to me for $9,000? How about $8,000, since you hate it so much and want to get rid of the "piece of S&*t"?
Old 10-12-12, 03:37 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RockfordRX
Stevesxm, Would you sell your RX to me for $9,000? How about $8,000, since you hate it so much and want to get rid of the "piece of S&*t"?
I'll give $9,500!!
Old 10-15-12, 06:05 AM
PghLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikegbuff
I was debating doing the plugs and antifreeze @ 90,000. I was wondering about the transmission fluid as well and what I should do there. Seems to be differing opinions on this. The "inspect" transmission fluid on the service interval to believe depending on who is "inspecting" - there could be differing opinions as to what needs to be done.
Thanks for the input.
If I recall, they charge $230 to do the plugs (primarily b/c of rear bank locations.) Since they had the throttle body and wipers all open/off to take care of an ignition coil, I offered the advice that "I already paid you to open up the rear bank so I'll pay for the parts and labor to install them, not to take everything apart twice." I think we settled on $100 which was parts and about 30 min. Fine.

When my 120k comes around, I will call around and get prices on that scheduled maintenance minus the spark plug change. Good Luck.
Old 12-03-12, 05:51 PM
satz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must say that I bought a 2007 RX350 mainly because I expected to just go and go and be reliable.

However when it had only done 60,000 km (not miles), it has already had the following done:

front wheel bearing
VVti mechanism
sunroof rattle (still not fixed)
now the AC radiator fan has started making a bad noise and smell
rear parking sensor failed

While most of these were replaced under warranty, it still doesn't fill me with confidence, esp as this is one of the Japan-built ones.

My 2000 Camry V6 ran for 7 years, and the only problems I remember were a CD player issue and some wind noise from windows that weren't correctly adjusted from the factory!

No, I don't want another Camry...but I am glad I didn't spend big $ on a new Lexus
Old 12-05-12, 05:32 PM
jim618
Driver School Candidate

Sorry to hear you've been having problems...

I purchased my 2007 RX350 last October & have not had many issues;

I am in Nova Scotia,Canada & my RX came from West Virginia with approx 71000 miles on it;

I had a complete carfax report prior to purchase with all records of what work had been done to it at the Virginia Lexus dealer (Recall fix for the oil cooler line fixed...);

It's been a very satisfying vehicle, very comfortable, reliable etc...

The only issue I've had is the replacement of #5 ignition coil (The one at the back of engine, drivers side, that is such a pita to get at...) I had my local mechanic replace all three rear coils when he was back there along with all six spark plugs....no other issues with the vehicle;

I have looked at many other luxury SUV's and feel I would be hard pressed to replace this one with all the features I currently have (Nav, HID headlights, rain sensing wipers wth auto speed, etc...);

Yes, it requires premium fuel & I don't give it anything else; it also likes to use a lot of fuel during city driving but i like the rig so much I don't care...

Anyway. I'm happy with it after a year & will probably buy another newer one when the time comes...cheers,

Jim
Halifax, NS Canada
Old 01-19-13, 04:55 PM
yuribud
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mikegbuff
I have a 2007 RX350 with 84k miles. I have followed the recommended maintenance schedule to the letter, drive very easy, and am willing to spend whatever it takes on preventative maintenance, so I haven't taken any shortcuts or mistreated my vehicle.

Had several places try to fix my tire pressure warning light issue (have not taken to dealer yet)
I don't know if you solved the problem with TPMS light on, but this is a solution. Most likely your spare tire pressure is low. I had exactly the same problem with my 07. The pressure was good on all 4, but it was the spare which also has the sensor and it was 20 PSI. All you need is to remove the cover from the spare at the bottom, use the tools from the trunk to lower the spare a few inches so you have access to the valve and pump to 30 PSI. Turn the ignition on and keep it on for a few seconds. The light should go away by itself as it was in my case. If it does not, then make sure all others are 30 psi and follow the reset procedure from the manual.

Yuri
Old 01-19-13, 05:42 PM
mikegbuff
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by yuribud
I don't know if you solved the problem with TPMS light on, but this is a solution. Most likely your spare tire pressure is low. I had exactly the same problem with my 07. The pressure was good on all 4, but it was the spare which also has the sensor and it was 20 PSI. All you need is to remove the cover from the spare at the bottom, use the tools from the trunk to lower the spare a few inches so you have access to the valve and pump to 30 PSI. Turn the ignition on and keep it on for a few seconds. The light should go away by itself as it was in my case. If it does not, then make sure all others are 30 psi and follow the reset procedure from the manual.

Yuri
Thanks for the reply, but we definitely checked the spare. But yes, in 99% of complaints I've heard about tire lights, it's the spare being low!